Doom

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
The background and the entire theme make no sense in this case. digital/motherboard looking shxt for Doom? lol
The text is really bad too, and really cheesy. It looks as if you tried to slant everything at the same angle that his face is tilted in, however its way off and just messes up the "flow" more than helps anything. If you wanted to make the text look as if it was deeply imbedded in that red shape shxt, then don't put the text and the shape above the render that you brought all of the focus to.

And to be really technical with you(because Im usually not) probably the second most prominent area in the piece outside of the mask is the upper left corner. From there it fades down into the text area where the shadow shows the exact opposite of that direction.
And exposure-looking shit, no matter what color it is, doesn't blend anything well at all.

Like I said, I don't usually get technical on dudes, because I don't even care about shit like that when I make stuff, but if you're gonna be a dick about other dudes that are on their grind making their shit the way they want, then shut the fuck up.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We're a bunch of stupid fuckers who don't give good cnc tho.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The background and the entire theme make no sense in this case. digital/motherboard looking shxt for Doom? lol
The text is really bad too, and really cheesy. It looks as if you tried to slant everything at the same angle that his face is tilted in, however its way off and just messes up the "flow" more than helps anything. If you wanted to make the text look as if it was deeply imbedded in that red shape shxt, then don't put the text and the shape above the render that you brought all of the focus to.

And to be really technical with you(because Im usually not) probably the second most prominent area in the piece outside of the mask is the upper left corner. From there it fades down into the text area where the shadow shows the exact opposite of that direction.
And exposure-looking shit, no matter what color it is, doesn't blend anything well at all.

Like I said, I don't usually get technical on dudes, because I don't even care about shit like that when I make stuff, but if you're gonna be a dick about other dudes that are on their grind making their shit the way they want, then shut the fuck up.
:+1:

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score

Rest in peace.

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score

Well, what do I have to say.

Typically, on the numerous other sites that I frequently visit, when someone posts a sig or some type of work, they are looking for CnC on how to improve it, if at all. That is what I expected when I came over here. Clearly, this is not the case. And it should be noted that if you are going to give CnC it must be respectful to that person's style or else. Sometimes it just takes a second set of eyes to say hey, this might help with setting this piece off.

But clearly, you and your gfx crew have your own club and dont really like new comers. I get it. You want people to shut the fuck up, as you put it, and not exercise their right to speak freely within forum rules. Understood. I am sorry to those that I have tried to help through opinionated ideas that, may help a piece, or may not, but it IS my opinion and should be regarded as such.

And honestly, I dont really care about your opinion per se, because I do this for fun. I try to improve and I can take advice from those that are willing to be constructive about it. But when someone tells me something on what they might do, I at least consider it and not think that they are being a dick or an asshole and either try it or just leave it alone.

But hey, this site has a lot of members and to be honest, its not that great. And to have your shitty attitude and lack of respect to be supported by a moderator is appalling. Do you even know what that means? Probably going to google it right now. Eh, maybe I am being a bit obtuse. You just keep making that stuff you call art and if you ever want to see a real gfx artist, look up picasso on your gfx team. That dude has all the respect in the world from me. Whether that matters to you or not, i dont really care.

Thanks for your time and your CnC. Appreciated and gratitude.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think this guy kind of has a point. I didn't necessarily like the way he went about proving it, but I do agree with what he's saying to an extent.

GFX artists, sig makers or whatever you want to call them are coddled these days. Comments have become so painfully generic that it's almost strange to see someone post more than two sentences worth of constructive criticism. Whether it be laziness, or the fact that people are too afraid to point out an area for improvement for artists that are "better" than them, I'm not sure. (that leads to the absurd "he's made better shit than you" nonsense.)

All of this has led to hostility and resentment towards anyone who decides to post anything other than "dope" or "sick" in their threads. Nobody can handle criticism.

getyappcrnredy24

Reaction score
I think this guy kind of has a point. I didn't necessarily like the way he went about proving it, but I do agree with what he's saying to an extent.

GFX artists, sig makers or whatever you want to call them are coddled these days. Comments have become so painfully generic that it's almost strange to see someone post more than two sentences worth of constructive criticism. Whether it be laziness, or the fact that people are too afraid to point out an area for improvement for artists that are "better" than them, I'm not sure. (that leads to the absurd "he's made better shit than you" nonsense.)

All of this has led to hostility and resentment towards anyone who decides to post anything other than "dope" or "sick" in their threads. Nobody can handle criticism.
I never even said I disagree with that. I was just doing it to be an asshole because he was a dick about someone else getting said comments on their sig.

I agree, people are incredibly generic and simple with their comments, I'm probably guilty of it too sometimes. I think people should put more effort into commenting just as much. I just don't agree with what he did.

getyappcrnredy24

Reaction score

Typically, on the numerous other sites that I frequently visit, when someone posts a sig or some type of work, they are looking for CnC on how to improve it, if at all. That is what I expected when I came over here. Clearly, this is not the case. And it should be noted that if you are going to give CnC it must be respectful to that person's style or else. Sometimes it just takes a second set of eyes to say hey, this might help with setting this piece off.

But clearly, you and your gfx crew have your own club and dont really like new comers. I get it. You want people to shut the fuck up, as you put it, and not exercise their right to speak freely within forum rules. Understood. I am sorry to those that I have tried to help through opinionated ideas that, may help a piece, or may not, but it IS my opinion and should be regarded as such.

And honestly, I dont really care about your opinion per se, because I do this for fun. I try to improve and I can take advice from those that are willing to be constructive about it. But when someone tells me something on what they might do, I at least consider it and not think that they are being a dick or an asshole and either try it or just leave it alone.

But hey, this site has a lot of members and to be honest, its not that great. And to have your shitty attitude and lack of respect to be supported by a moderator is appalling. Do you even know what that means? Probably going to google it right now. Eh, maybe I am being a bit obtuse. You just keep making that stuff you call art and if you ever want to see a real gfx artist, look up picasso on your gfx team. That dude has all the respect in the world from me. Whether that matters to you or not, i dont really care.

lol, first of all, I wasn't even talking about what you said on this site. I never once said anything about what you were trying to say with what you did.
Like I said, I agree, people should put more into their comments. I would have fully supported you had you conveyed that in a completely different way.

But that's cool, try to offend me when 98% of the post that I gave was exactly what you asked for, and you're gonna say people get offended when they get real comments? Hmm...

I never said people were being a dick by posting more than just "sick" on a piece. I was saying you were a dick for taking something someone made, and based off of the comments OTHER PEOPLE gave it, posting it elsewhere and completely trashing the person that made it. I am not a part of any "Graphics Corner" or whatever you call it. That just makes no sense.
And I legitimately laughed at you trying to tell me I don't know what the word appalling means. Good one.

Like I said, go ahead and post your opinionated comments or whatever, of whatever length. Hell, I would have supported the fact that you did that. I'll say it again; I agree, people should put some more into their comments. I feel the exact same way, no matter whether or not I do the same things sometimes.

I'm just going to chose to ignore any other attempt at you trying to personally offend me, or bring any other person into this, because that's completely unrelated in all ways.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you are going to go on another forum and bitch and moan about SI then why the hell are you still here?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

you calling what he did, disrespectful, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. What you did, taking somebody ELSE'S work and posting it on another site for criticism, was beyond disrespectful. Your comments on the other site, about the members of this board, were beyond disrespectful. Why didn't you just run to the other site with YOUR OWN work, and ask for real, constructive criticism? Can you not handle the criticism of your own work? All you wanted was truthful, descriptive and precise criticism about the work, but when someone finally gave it to you here, you got all pissy about it.

I agree, a lot of people now don't provide enough criticism or bring up ideas on how to improve something other than "text is bad" or "lighting needs work", but your way of going about proving a point was absolutely bullshit.

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
Whatever. Just fucking ban me then. Delete my account, just do whatever. I really dont care.

getyappcrnredy24

Reaction score
No one said to do that.

Show some sort of maturity...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
seriously be mature about this..

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://hoops-nation.com/community/index.php?/topic/34442-this-is-not-mine-but-i-wanted-opinions-i-respect-on-this/

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
You want people to shut the fuck up, as you put it, and not exercise their right to speak freely within forum rules. Understood. I am sorry to those that I have tried to help through opinionated ideas that, may help a piece, or may not, but it IS my opinion and should be regarded as such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%