• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

With Stanton off to NY, I'm convinced there's no other batter that can fix our lack of offense we've had from last year, so I've been thinking we should just sign the best pitchers possible and win games by pitching rather than hitting.  There's no point to sign JD Martinez, he's not the answer.  Sign Darvish.  Sign Wade Davis.  Maybe even sign Jake Arrieta.  Let's go all out and make a pitching dynasty.  I think we have a better chance doing this than trying to compete offensively with the Yankees.

READ THE FINE PRINT

#2 ONLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 33,056 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

I'd be fine with Arrietta tbh, or maybe trying to get one of the Mets starters via trade

1521990862-U12230.png

#3 OFFLINE   .ptt81

.ptt81

Legend

• 12,435 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

Past prime Arrieta and Darvish isn't the answer. That's an overreaction to the Stanton trade if Dave does that.

JBJ-12.03.13-PM.gif?b22247

WIN. DANCE. REPEAT.

#4 ONLINE   snipezo

snipezo

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 27,621 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Overpaying for pitchers in their thirties sure has worked in the past.

#5 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Past prime Arrieta and Darvish isn't the answer. That's an overreaction to the Stanton trade if Dave does that.

Those were just examples, you might be right.  I do like Darvish though.  Point is, we need to find resources elsewhere.

READ THE FINE PRINT

#6 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

Vottomatic

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

Red Sox need to worry about younger players, specifically young arms. At the current rate, the Sox are going to be an expensive, aging roster within 2-3 seasons. But if Porcello can bounce back and Price and Wright can stay healthy.... pretty damn good roto for 2018.

#7 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Red Sox need to worry about younger players, specifically young arms. At the current rate, the Sox are going to be an expensive, aging roster within 2-3 seasons. But if Porcello can bounce back and Price and Wright can stay healthy.... pretty damn good roto for 2018.

Not really.  Our position players are pretty young.

Rick Porcello will not bounce back, I can guarantee you that.  He's only had 2 good seasons, so I don't know why people think he will have another when only 2 were actually good.

READ THE FINE PRINT

#8 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

Vottomatic

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Not really.  Our position players are pretty young.

Rick Porcello will not bounce back, I can guarantee you that.  He's only had 2 good seasons, so I don't know why people think he will have another when only 2 were actually good.

Now, yes, 2-3 years from now, not so much. Red Sox will have to deal with players at or just over 30 and looking for big money.
By then, David Price is a dinosaur that can’t retire soon enough. Kimbrel also long gone by then.

Red Sox should be building around Beni & Devers. Take one more shot at winning the title in 2018 and if it’s still no better than ALDS, start making like the Yankees did and gather up prospects.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)

PWNdroia, brett05, catman, bosoxlover12, Mexi, The Guid, Teagz, .ptt81, AE., elcheato, Hurricane Season

Social Media

Site Info