Reaction score
Im all for renaming them the tribe

I call them that anyways

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
How is the word Indians offensive?

The logo? I understand the issue. Redskins? Definitely needs to go. Indians? Arrowhead Stadium? Where do we draw the line?
I'm not saying it's offensive, I'm saying that a select group of people would find it offensive, likely the ones who think Chief Wahoo needs to go.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/detroitnews/status/958784794845958146

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/BDCSox/status/958779662380994564

catman

Reaction score
Betts' deal is the biggest arbitration award in history.  He is worth it.  The Sox would not be wrong to try to sign him long-term.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
7 days away from pitchers & catcher reporting.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Is JD Martinez really upset the Red Sox won't bid against themselves?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Is JD Martinez really upset the Red Sox won't bid against themselves?
https://twitter.com/theScore/status/961095415935524864

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea I saw the story, that's why I said it.

Nobody else is making him a better offer so why would Boston be more flexible? This guys a clown.

CoachAF

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Yea I saw the story, that's why I said it.

Nobody else is making him a better offer so why would Boston be more flexible? This guys a clown.

If the rumors are true that Boston offered him 5 years / 125 million then he should jump at that offer....It's not going to get any better. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
They should pull that off the table and see how he reacts.  If I were the Sox I wouldn't even want the guy at this point. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Of course Boras denies saying any of this about JD.  The Red Sox are still "in talks" with JD but I don't know how much more they're willing to bump the offer.  IMO, the JD signing does more harm than good.  JD would be an expensive DH and further relegates Hanley.  I'd much rather save the $$ and bank on pitching.  Beni and Devers have some budding power too.

BTW, I saw some reports today that the Sox and Indians discussed an Encarnacion trade this winter but the Sox balked at giving up JBJ.  WTF is it with JBJ and his low average that they're so in love with!?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
Of course Boras denies saying any of this about JD.  The Red Sox are still "in talks" with JD but I don't know how much more they're willing to bump the offer.  IMO, the JD signing does more harm than good.  JD would be an expensive DH and further relegates Hanley.  I'd much rather save the $$ and bank on pitching.  Beni and Devers have some budding power too.

BTW, I saw some reports today that the Sox and Indians discussed an Encarnacion trade this winter but the Sox balked at giving up JBJ.  WTF is it with JBJ and his low average that they're so in love with!?
I admit I like JBJ too. I think he has a hidden layer of offense that has not come out yet.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I admit I like JBJ too. I think he has a hidden layer of offense that has not come out yet.
He’s what, 27 already? I don’t think he’ll ever sniff what he did at the plate in 2016 again.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
Hes what, 27 already? I dont think hell ever sniff what he did at the plate in 2016 again.
We shall see. If he does, he's one of the best with that defense as well. That's why he's not so easily overlooked. I think Cora is going to do a much better job with his team when it comes to managing offense and pitching.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
We shall see. If he does, he's one of the best with that defense as well. That's why he's not so easily overlooked. I think Cora is going to do a much better job with his team when it comes to managing offense and pitching.
I fully expect Cora to bring the clubhouse together and figure out ways to win without having to mash at the plate. Farrell obviously never had any clubhouse respect and certainly couldn’t manage a lineup. Something else to consider is a new hitting coach in Boston.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
This headline gave me a good chuckle: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2018/02/12/gardenhire-vows-tigers-will-play-game-right-way/110351546/

If by "right way" he means pitching, hitting, and fielding poorly while on the way to 90+ losses, then, yes, they are definitely gonna play the right way.

Yeah, wtf is the wrong way to play? Someone tell Gardy that plowing into the catcher is no longer allowed. 

I read a lot of the same stupid shit in this area regarding the Reds. Delusional fans and beat writers doing their best to prop up the club and act like they know it won't be another 90-loss season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%