#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty sure it isnt as easy as reseeding 1-16

I think they would alter the schedule to level the field

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Last years Clippers finished with 51 wins, giving them the 4 seed in the West. They played the 51 win Jazz in the first round, and lost. The Cavs were the 2 seed with 51 wins and played the 42 win Pacers in the first round

Youre ridiculous if you dont think it matters. If the Clippers were in the East, they would have technically been the 2 seed playing Indy due to tiebreakers. Instead they lose in the first round of the playoffs because the West has stronger opponents
This isn’t what I was talking about at all

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Pretty sure it isnt as easy as reseeding 1-16

I think they would alter the schedule to level the field
and altering the schedule would end up with more traveling and thats the big hang up. we're probably two or three years away from something like this happening, which sucks because we've been talking about this for two or three years already.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron staying east confirmed

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/966415637873651712

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
and altering the schedule would end up with more traveling and thats the big hang up. we're probably two or three years away from something like this happening, which sucks because we've been talking about this for two or three years already.

Think they'd definitely have to consider shortening the schedule in that case

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rios said:

Think they'd definitely have to consider shortening the schedule in that case
they should but the owners are against it and they'd have to adjust their tv deals so the sponsors probably would have to pay more at a single time so they wouldn't like it

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
pop expects kawhi to be out for the rest of the season

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
pop expects kawhi to be out for the rest of the season
I know its been touched upon before, but I'm going to reiterate it again because its been a while.

---

Kawhi is now entering "Paul George" status, as I'd like to call it. It's essentially where a NTC is created due to his contract status  -- starting this offseason he'll enter his final guaranteed season. The '19-20 season is a player option, and its very likely and possible he'd opt out for Free Agency. And so teams looking to trade Kawhi Leonard would have to essentially get a commitment that he'd re-sign, because otherwise its just a 1 year contract and you have to give up a ton of assets to acquire Leonard.

Obviously teams don't want to trade their stars, and always hope that they'll re-sign their guys due to loyalty. And that's a fine allusion to hope for, but loyalty hardly exists, especially in the NBA. LeBron leaves Cleveland for South Beach, and KD leaves OKC for the Warriors, and both get trashed for leaving their home team. And yet, Isaiah Thomas gets traded by the Celtics to the Cavs (in an expiring deal, btw) and honestly might have lost $100M+ as a result. Players need to do what's best for them and them only. 

Sure, Kawhi is the face of a successful franchise with the #1 coach in the league. But the Spurs have nearly zero flexibility to add any additional talent over the next two seasons to assist Kawhi, while Lebron, Curry, and Harden's teams are getting better every year. Popovich is the 2nd oldest coach in league history, and has coached longer than anybody else. To expect Popovich to be the coach in Kawhi's next contract, that's a losing bet.

WHAT I'M GETTING AT, is that the Spurs need to this offseason get Kawhi to agree to an extension, or to trade him away. Boston obviously could provide the strongest package as well as Philly or even the Cavaliers or Lakers. And that player option acting as a NTC does limit where you could send him, but it's what happened with Paul George too (except I doubt Kawhi would publicly announce to the media that he wants out). And it needs to happen sooner rather than later

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Boston *obviously* could provide the strongest package
I'm assuming that Philly won't move Simmons or Embiid, so yeah Boston offers the strongest potential package. Who else offers a more competitive package?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I fucking doubt ainge makes another big trade

Paulius

Reaction score
My guy Kawhi, man [emoji17]

Uncle Roberson is out, Daddy kawhi is out, Harden is definitely sleeping better at night knowing that

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe lamarcus likes living in texas, i know hes from there

But he should have just stayed in portland. Sometimes the grass isnt always greener. Seems like he wasnt a believer in CJ

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hes gotten closer to a championship in San Antonio than he ever did in Portland?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you consider last year a wcf yeah I guess

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
If you consider last year a wcf yeah I guess
were the celtics close to a championship last year? we only lost game 2 by like 46pts

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Hes gotten closer to a championship in San Antonio than he ever did in Portland?
I stand by what I say though

Basically my way of saying R.I.P San Antonio. The new r.i.p City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%