Official Soccer Thread

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for the Euro this year.

Can somebody tell me how the Netherlands didn't qualify? How do Iceland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Albania (wtf) all get in but the Dutch don't?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They sucked dick. Your chance to root for us

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Damn, I'm a HUGE soccer fan. Watch every Dortmund game I possibly can and watch EPL Sat and Sun mornings. Plus I'm a big Philly Union fan. Currently have tickets to see the USMNT vs. Paraguay in the COPA America Qualifier in Philadelphia but I might be getting a new job soon so if I do, I can't take off to go to the game.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn thats awesome, how much were the tickets?

tbuc

Reaction score
Barca are up 2-0 in the 80'. Looks like they're goign to win La Liga.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Damn thats awesome, how much were the tickets?
120 a piece. Bottom level, in the corner with the outlaw section.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Typical Spurs to lose 2nd place. Sad to see West Ham fall without Payet and fall out of European placement to Southampton. Tim Howard also put up a clean sheet in his 454th (I think) game for Everton in his final game. Glad to see him back in the states though so I can go watch the legend play. I've only see Brad Guzan play in net for the USMNT in person. Now sitting down to watch the MLS Sunday game on ESPN between Orlando City and Sporting KC.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Also my Union drew with the Impact yesterday as the top two teams in the East.

tbuc

Reaction score
  1. John Terry has signed a new one year extension with Chelsea.
  2. James Rodriguez has been strongly linked with a move away from Real Madrid. Manchester Utd. seem like to favorites to land his signature.
  3. West Ham's breakout star Dimitri Payet seems to be a likely replacement for James if he leaves Spain. 

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think James Rodriguez is gone, hes being played less under Zidane than under Benetiz.

It was very telling when CR7 and Benzema were injured and he still didnt even start. Hes playing pretty well when he is on the pitch, I think he goes to United.

tbuc

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
I think James Rodriguez is gone, hes being played less under Zidane than under Benetiz.

It was very telling when CR7 and Benzema were injured and he still didnt even start. Hes playing pretty well when he is on the pitch, I think he goes to United.

Yeah. Modric, Kroos, Isco, and Casemiro are all fighting with James for minutes. He wants to go somewhere he can be a star and not a role player.

1. DONE DEAL: John Terry signs a one year deal to stay at Chelsea. Terry took a big pay cut to stay in west London. Good for him I guess.
  2. Juve have entered the race for James Rodriguez. They join Bayern, Man U, and Arsenal.
  3. Arsenal claim they will not be selling Theo Walcott this summer. I love Theo, he's probably my favorite player, but it may be time for him to go. At least either Theo or The Ox should go.
  4. Manchester City are apparently in on Ilkay Gundogen despite his injury. Not sure why anyone would want the worlds most injury prone player, but more power to City.
  5. PSG could be looking at Alexandre Lacazette as a replacement for Ibrahimovic.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Hopefully Terry doesnt hook up with another players wife on this 1 year deal

tbuc

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Hopefully Terry doesnt hook up with another players wife on this 1 year deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qSdP8Fy_N0

Love that video lol

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Dortmund vs. Bayern right now. Let's fucking do this BVB!

tbuc

Reaction score
RunSoHard said:
Dortmund vs. Bayern right now. Let's fucking do this BVB!

I turned in on in extra time. Crazy to think that was Pep's last match in charge of Bayren.

USA TIME!!!! Games at noon on FS1. Here is their starting 11... 4-4-2: Brad Guzan, DeAndre Yedlin, Michael Orozco, John Brooks, Tim Ream; Perry Kitchen, Danny Williams, Alejandro Bedoya (capt.), Alfredo Morales; Bobby Wood, Paul Arriola
  1. The U.S. will be playing in a 4-4-2 with a diamond shaped midfield. Williams will be in the holding role as Bedoya will be sitting right behind the two forwards.
  2. Bedoya will be handed the captains arm band for the first time. 
  3. This is Brooks first appearance for the U.S. since September 2005. He's been struggling with injury problems.
  4. U20 forward Paul Arriola earns his first cap.
  5. This will be Perry Kitchens first start for the U.S.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
tbuc said:

I turned in on in extra time. Crazy to think that was Pep's last match in charge of Bayren.

USA TIME!!!! Games at noon on FS1. Here is their starting 11... 4-4-2: Brad Guzan, DeAndre Yedlin, Michael Orozco, John Brooks, Tim Ream; Perry Kitchen, Danny Williams, Alejandro Bedoya (capt.), Alfredo Morales; Bobby Wood, Paul Arriola
  1. The U.S. will be playing in a 4-4-2 with a diamond shaped midfield. Williams will be in the holding role as Bedoya will be sitting right behind the two forwards.
  2. Bedoya will be handed the captains arm band for the first time. 
  3. This is Brooks first appearance for the U.S. since September 2005. He's been struggling with injury problems.
  4. U20 forward Paul Arriola earns his first cap.
  5. This will be Perry Kitchens first start for the U.S.

Excited to see Kitchen in there. Since Jones is old news and Bradley need to be playing forward, need a strong defensive minded midfielder where Jones player for the last decade. I think Kitchen can be that going forward. Also hope we get to see Pulisic a bit today.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
I know Yedlin is a freak athletic and has legit speed, but he needs to stay back. He can't make a touch to save him life.

tbuc

Reaction score
Not a bad first half for the U.S. as we're up 2-1. A first career international goal from Tim Ream put us up 1-0. I blame Puerto Rico's keeper for that one. The goal came off a rebound in which their keeper punched right into the path of Ream who finished it far post. It was a fairly routine diving stop by their keeper. I think he should've done a better job of punching it clear and then he was slow getting to his feet to make a save attempt on Reams follow up shot. The second goal come off the right foot of the red hot Bobby Wood. He scored 17 league goals for this club team this season in the second division in Germany. Wood now has 5 goals in his last 11 national team appearances as well. You have to praise him for his positioning and movement on that goal.

As a team, we are dominating the match, but we're a bit slow in our build up play. Yedlin has gotten the ball out wide on the right, but seems to just stand there for a couple seconds before doing anything. He did made a really nice run at the end of the first half, but where was that earlier? I would like to see a little move quicker passing and moving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%