• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jimmer

Jimmer

Hypebeast

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

cornerback Eli Apple has struggled through an up-and-down 2017 season, which hasn't gone unnoticed by teammate Landon Collins.

Collins called the 2016 first-round pick a cancer during a radio interview Tuesday with Bob Wischusen of ESPN, per Ian O'Connor of ESPN.com.

"There is only one corner who needs to grow up and we all know who that is," Collins said, per Jordan Raanan of ESPN. "That would be the only person I would change out of our secondary group. Besides, the other two guys, [Rodgers-Cromarie] and [Jenkins], I love those two guys. They play hard. They love what they do. That first pick...he's a cancer."

Apple has been in and out of the lineup this season and played zero defensive snaps against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

He played only seven special teams snaps a week after earning significant playing time in Week 15. Apple was inactive from Weeks 11 through 14.

While he started seven games earlier this year, he clearly isn't out of his coaching staff's doghouse.

Meanwhile, Collins' patience has worn thin with Apple, who is just one year younger than him. The two-time Pro Bowler recently said Apple "has to grow up," via Raanan:

"As a player, he's a great player. As a man, he has his ups and downs. But when he's on the field, I think he's trying to be as much accountable as he can. He understands, I think the business side of the game did it to him, because this game is not for long. And I think he finally understands that even if you're a first-rounder, you can always be cut."

With the second-year player struggling to make an impact, the Giants defense has suffered. It currently ranks last in the NFL in yards allowed.

It likely will be even worse in Week 17, as the Giants placed Collins on injured reserveafter he fractured his forearm Sunday.

#2 OFFLINE   Teagz

Teagz

Dogs.

• 17,264 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

Does he still live with his overbearing mom?

klCDTru.jpg?4

#3 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,371 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

They both need to be put in timeout.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

Vottomatic

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Apple on Social media, trashing his team during games, yeah...I’d say he needs to grow up

#5 OFFLINE   .inf

.inf

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 24,557 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Does he still live with his overbearing mom?

I was gonna say the same thing lol

2012 Big Bid'Ness 2012 SMH Award Winner

#6 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

Vottomatic

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

Collins apologized for that on Wednesday after meeting with Apple and interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo, but attempts by the media to hear from Apple were shot down by the corner telling reporters he had to take a shit.

....and then Apple was suspended for Week 17 after refusing to take the field with the scout team during todays practice.

#7 OFFLINE   Big Bid'Ness

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life

• Hall of Fame
  • 70,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

When you own brother says its our mother that is the cancer lol

#8 OFFLINE   BwareDWare94

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

• 8,774 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

What a child

4774505_orig.png

#9 OFFLINE   Teagz

Teagz

Dogs.

• 17,264 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

When you own brother says its our mother that is the cancer lol

This is funny

klCDTru.jpg?4

#10 OFFLINE   Jimmer

Jimmer

Hypebeast

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

....and then Apple was suspended for Week 17 after refusing to take the field with the scout team during todays practice.

The giants are a fucking disgrace and a mess of a team. They have suspended more cornerbacks than they have wins this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)

Teagz, .ptt81, Big Bid'Ness, AE., Hurricane Season, elcheato, Delirium, BNC, AiRuPtHeRe™, CameronCrazy06, The Guid, nolafan33, Jimmer

Social Media

Site Info