NL: DH or no DH

Should the NL have...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
That right there makes 0 .... sense. The AL destroys the NL in interleague play for 14 straight years, so there should be a holds on how much money nl teams spend.

Facts and opinions are different. All you have provided is opinion. You have not presented 1 fact as to why the NL has an advantage. In fact, you provided one fact as to why the AL team's are better in interleague play.

Benefiting from IL play, and having an advantage, are two entirely different things.
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+benefiting&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie1r-inbTXAhVI5YMKHbFHD88QBQglKAA&biw=1760&bih=840

Yet another fact for you. I don't think words mean what you think they mean

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Fine, I take it back - the NL doesn't benefit from interleague play. It levels the playing field. 

I have 8 guns. My enemy has 9. He's either forced to give up 1 gun, or I gain 1 gun. Either scenario, neither of us has an advantage. It's a level playing field. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, the playing field is level either way.  I just find "no DH" better because you actually put real talent on the field and it's the traditional rules of the game.  DH makes the game more of a lazy man's game.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Fine, I take it back - the NL doesn't benefit from interleague play. It levels the playing field. 

I have 8 guns. My enemy has 9. He's either forced to give up 1 gun, or I gain 1 gun. Either scenario, neither of us has an advantage. It's a level playing field. 
Still you are wrong.  You have 8 guns and I have 8 guns.  You have a water pistol and I have an 9th gun.  But my remaining soldiers have lesser guns to fill out my battalion because I needed to buy a 9th gun.

The fact is right there.  The AL always plays with less because they have an extra position to concern themselves with that the NL does not.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I agree, the playing field is level either way.  I just find "no DH" better because you actually put real talent on the field and it's the traditional rules of the game.  DH makes the game more of a lazy man's game.
Careful when you say tradition.  Truly a random cut off that almost all sports folks use.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Still you are wrong.  You have 8 guns and I have 8 guns.  You have a water pistol and I have an 9th gun.  But my remaining soldiers have lesser guns to fill out my battalion because I needed to buy a 9th gun.

The fact is right there.  The AL always plays with less because they have an extra position to concern themselves with that the NL does not.
thats a horrendously awful argument dude

just because the AL has a DH it does not mean at all the 2-9 position players are automatically worse on an AL squad. Theres no salary cap, there isnt anything restricting an AL team to have an inferior team to the NL

brett05

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
thats a horrendously awful argument dude

just because the AL has a DH it does not mean at all the 2-9 position players are automatically worse on an AL squad. Theres no salary cap, there isnt anything restricting an AL team to have an inferior team to the NL
I agree, but I didn't make the gun analogy.

There is nothing preventing the NL team either.  What does happen in balance is that the AL has to use its resources over a greater need than NL counterparts.  Thus always at a disadvantage.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It wasn't a debate tactic. 

I honestly thought this stupid debate was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%