jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adam SchefterVerified
‏@AdamSchefter
Chicago traded a late-round pick to the Buccaneers for DT Brian Price, per sources.
I remember when a anonymous scout described Price as "that fat kid from UCLA."

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what I hear, Price is a pretty good football player and might end up being the Bears starting NT.

He's got some off the field drama and had a serious surgery, but played 15 games last year post surgery.

If he can come in and contribute, then he'll be well worth the 7th round pick that was traded.

Shaka

Reaction score
From what I hear, Price is a pretty good football player and might end up being the Bears starting NT.

He's got some off the field drama and had a serious surgery, but played 15 games last year post surgery.

If he can come in and contribute, then he'll be well worth the 7th round pick that was traded.
Unfortunately for the buck, he wasn't worth the 2nd round pick they invested in him.

Yet another failed draft choice and decision my Mark Dominick, a General Manager with an incapable ability to do his job and apparently someone with the safest job in the business. What a joke the Buccaneers ownership has been since, well, almost the Dungy era.

Yes - Raheem was a problem.

Mark Dominick is more of a problem. They will not succeed unless he either gets fired or takes a back seat to Gregg. Something worth firing a man for anyways haha.

TTN2810

Reaction score
What you guys fail to realize, is that when a player comes into the league and fails, some of the time it isn't the player: it's the coaching and mis use of the player by the team. You can't blame the scout here. Price was a good prospect coming out who appeared to have a lot of potential. Coaches need to realize that lots of players won't adapt to you. You have to use their strengths.

Shaka

Reaction score
What you guys fail to realize, is that when a player comes into the league and fails, some of the time it isn't the player: it's the coaching and mis use of the player by the team. You can't blame the scout here. Price was a good prospect coming out who appeared to have a lot of potential. Coaches need to realize that lots of players won't adapt to you. You have to use their strengths.
I lived in Tampa the last decade and so I spent a lot of time following the Buccaneers. My high school works with them and does a bunch of camps and so we had a chance to meet a lot of players.

It's my opinion that the guy did get injured, but it's subjective if he was good coming out. Everyone is good coming out when they're drafted in the first three rounds. At least good to one team. Most people weren't on the Price drafting and so when he finally got healthy and was the same, overweight guy who didn't want to work - It was time to let him go.

Gregg doesn't trade people because they can't play, he lets them go because they wont.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I lived in Tampa the last decade and so I spent a lot of time following the Buccaneers. My high school works with them and does a bunch of camps and so we had a chance to meet a lot of players.

It's my opinion that the guy did get injured, but it's subjective if he was good coming out. Everyone is good coming out when they're drafted in the first three rounds. At least good to one team. Most people weren't on the Price drafting and so when he finally got healthy and was the same, overweight guy who didn't want to work - It was time to let him go.

Gregg doesn't trade people because they can't play, he lets them go because they wont.
For the most part I agree with this, and is pretty much what I was saying. It's the coaches responsibility to push the player and get the most out of him, all the while using his strengths. Like you said, all the players are good, and when we see a player as a "bust", it's not always because he just flopped. I think Alex Smith last year is an example of this. A coach finally said you know what, we'll do what he does well, and work with it. And hey, look what happened.

Shaka

Reaction score
For the most part I agree with this, and is pretty much what I was saying. It's the coaches responsibility to push the player and get the most out of him, all the while using his strengths. Like you said, all the players are good, and when we see a player as a "bust", it's not always because he just flopped. I think Alex Smith last year is an example of this. A coach finally said you know what, we'll do what he does well, and work with it. And hey, look what happened.
You're wise beyond your years(I literally know nothing about your age though lol).

Football is a very complex sport. There are so many factors that go into playing or coaching in the NFL that it's impossible to list them all. Every player that is drafted, albeit a reach or a sleeper, is drafted because they have the potential to be a productive player.

Be it a players attitude, a players body, a players mental ability, a teams style of play, a coaching style, the players around him, etc, etc - Much goes on to factor into the success or lack of success by a player. Every player has a different story. You're absolutely right.

Examples:

WR Dexter Jackson - Couldn't make it because the NFL was too strong and fast for him. He was afraid by the first practice.

QB Brady Quinn - Likely hasn't made it because he has every tool imaginable but not the mental ability to pick up the speed of the defenses at this level

RB Elvis Dummervil - Took a hot minute to succeed in this league. He needed the right system.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the buck, he wasn't worth the 2nd round pick they invested in him.

Yet another failed draft choice and decision my Mark Dominick, a General Manager with an incapable ability to do his job and apparently someone with the safest job in the business. What a joke the Buccaneers ownership has been since, well, almost the Dungy era.

Yes - Raheem was a problem.

Mark Dominick is more of a problem. They will not succeed unless he either gets fired or takes a back seat to Gregg. Something worth firing a man for anyways haha.
Actually, Price was a pretty good player all around.

The problem with that entire draft class has and was always health. I saw plays in pre-season and or training camp where Price was just mauling past the starting line with ease. The other issue was consistency. Price also would get man-handled like a child at times -- which can't happen at that position. As a tackle your main job is to not get blown up, which he did half the time. Price was either a stud or a dud.

Raheem wasn't the only problem, though. It took Greg Olsen 13 weeks to score a first quarter touchdown. Against the Panthers it took ONE drive.

Raheem should have and never was head coach material. Defensive coordinator was even a stretch for Raheem.

Price was good but didn't have the consistency to make it in the NFL in Tampa. Not being leaned on so young to fill in for McCoy playing the three and Price had always played the zero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%