Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
People complaining about something like smiling? I cant even say in surprised

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jose Ramirez might hit 40 bombs this year. That lil pudgey man is straight roasting goats this year

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad the Tigers don't go to Cincinnati very often. That ballpark is a joke. So many cheap home runs.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Red Sox losing to the Twins, a team with a minor league roster. Absolutely stupid. Ruining the chances of winning the division.

catman

Reaction score
The Twins may have a "minor-league" roster, but they have beaten the Red Sox twice in a row (beating Sale and Price) and the Indians 2/3.  They were clearly the better team in both of these games.
For the Red Sox to only get an unearned run off a "minor-league" roster is embarrassing.  Perhaps you should reconsider which team has the minor league roster.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
The Twins may have a "minor-league" roster, but they have beaten the Red Sox twice in a row (beating Sale and Price) and the Indians 2/3.  They were clearly the better team in both of these games.
For the Red Sox to only get an unearned run off a "minor-league" roster is embarrassing.  Perhaps you should reconsider which team has the minor league roster.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

catman

Reaction score
Nor am I sure what point you're trying to make, other than to make an ass out of yourself again.  Ask Sale, Price, Kluber and Carasco if the Twins have a minor league roster.  They clearly outplayed the Indians and the Red Sox in 4 of 5 games.  To lose to a minor league team is embarrassing, but that is nothing new for the Red Sox this year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
catman said:
Nor am I sure what point you're trying to make, other than to make an ass out of yourself again.  Ask Sale, Price, Kluber and Carasco if the Twins have a minor league roster.  They clearly outplayed the Indians and the Red Sox in 4 of 5 games.  To lose to a minor league team is embarrassing, but that is nothing new for the Red Sox this year.
dang, came with the heat.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
Sarcasm or seriousness?

Point is, Twins are not that great and we should be winning 2 out of 3.

Yankees know how to win against everyone. I know Sox have beaten up good teams, but we lose to lesser teams like ChiSox and Twins or anyone in the Central who is mediocre or less. Meanwhile, Yankees beat both good and bad teams.

Twins two of the best projected position players aren't even on the roster (Buxton and Sano). They sit these guys for their failures and they still win games.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Yankees lost a series to the orioles at one point

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Point is, outside of Mauer and Rosario, Twins are hitting .250 or less with many of the position players hitting .220 or less. They get lucky every year because they field a mediocre team, make the playoffs on a good lucky year, then get swept out of the playoffs.

The only reason they get that far is because the Central is such a bad division.

They don't win by fielding a good roster.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The Yankees lost a series to the orioles at one point
I think Marlins too, but that was about it. They've been crushing every other team and can't wait to play us again to take the division.

Of course, there are several pissed off Red Sox fans who want to call me a Yankees fan, but they should face the facts. Yankees aren't going to hand us the division if we flop over mediocre teams.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I think Marlins too, but that was about it. They've been crushing every other team and can't wait to play us again to take the division.
The biggest Yankees fan on the board, ladies and gentlemen

catman

Reaction score
You are right.  The Twins do not have a lot of marquee names on their roster.  They play as a team, however.  Eduardo Escobar leads the AL in extra base hits (32 doubles).  Dozier is not hitting yet, but he will.  Mauer is on the downhill side of his career.  Rosario is having a breakout season.  Their team batting average is lower than league average, but their pitching is coming along nicely.  The Twins have a young, improving team and I do expect them to finish with 85 wins this season.  
The Red Sox should not lose games to the Twins, but that is why they play games.  The Twins clearly outplayed the Red Sox the past 2 games and had the better team in those games.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The biggest Yankees fan on the board, ladies and gentlemen
Yeah, I'm sure you got that one right.

(Sarcasm if you didn't get it by now).

And that's when immature Sox fans come to change my favorite team in my profile as a joke because they can't cope with it. They should grow a pair and be a man, not an immature twelve year old.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
You are right.  The Twins do not have a lot of marquee names on their roster.  They play as a team, however.  Eduardo Escobar leads the AL in extra base hits (32 doubles).  Dozier is not hitting yet, but he will.  Mauer is on the downhill side of his career.  Rosario is having a breakout season.  Their team batting average is lower than league average, but their pitching is coming along nicely.  The Twins have a young, improving team and I do expect them to finish with 85 wins this season.  
The Red Sox should not lose games to the Twins, but that is why they play games.  The Twins clearly outplayed the Red Sox the past 2 games and had the better team in those games.
Not denying that fact, but they're an easy sweep out of the postseason.

catman

Reaction score
The Yankees have always had the Twins number, but the Twins have made the post season a lot of times.  You don't get to the post season by being lucky or having a minor league roster.  You get there by playing as a team and not pointing fingers at each other when errors happen.  You get to the post season by picking each other up when you are down.  
As I said, I expect the Twins to win 85 games and be better next year, and the following year, and the following year.  They have some really good talent in their minor leagues that just needs more playing time to show it.

catman

Reaction score
Until such time as there is a hard salary cap in baseball, teams like Minnesota, Kansas City, the Reds, and the other "small" market teams will not be able to maintain excellence for the duration.  Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc can go out and buy talent when they need it.  If the Red Sox need a 1B, they will buy one at the trade deadline.  They have enough talent in their minor leagues to make an attractive offer to any team for nearly any player they want.  They have the payroll flexibility to go up to $200MM if they wish.  Teams like the Twins can't do that.  They have to draft and develop their players well.  They dabble in the free agent market and usually pick up a pitcher or 2.  Sometimes they pick up a winner (Phil Hughes in 2014, Ervin Santana in 2017) and missed on a lot (Ricky Nolasco).  

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I used to be against the idea of a hard cap, but in coming around to it. The Mets would benefit from it, but do they really deserve it?

Seriously though, I think even big market teams would be for it. They dont want to go in to the luxury tax, and as this past winter proved teams aren't going to give in to the ridiculous demands of most of these players. Institute a cap, and agents need to be realistic with their demands. Question is: What should the cap be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%