IMPORTANT: Question Regarding The Whole Forum

Should We Merge With Center Stage Sports?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No.

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright guys, basically the poll question sums it all up.
As most of you know, the board has been slowly dying in activity and is probably at an all time low right now. And it kills me honestly to even think about doing this, but I also would hate to just watch the site become a complete ghost town.

We would be merging onto their website.

A lot of us have grown up on this site, and I'm aware not everyone would make the switch over which is completely understandable.

But basically if you vote no, I'd really like to know why you voted no. I'm ultimately leaving this up entirely to the board. If the majority votes no, then we wont do it. Completely up to you guys, as you are one of the most loyal bunches of members a forum could ask for.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.centerstagesports.com/forums/forum.php

theyve also said they are willing to switch to an IPB; rather vBulletin. all of our members will keep their post counts, we can get an SI skin and if they did switch to IPB we could keep the skins we have. we would get member titles just for all of our SI members.

guys, really think about this. if we dont do something for SI, thisll probably be our last year. we cant continue at this pace..

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Would we be moving there or them here?

If SI moves I'd probably be done with forums tbh. It's had a nice run.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would we be moving there or them here?

If SI moves I'd probably be done with forums tbh. It's had a nice run.
us there. we pretty much have no leverage to try and have them merge here.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
yeah im basically with guru here lol. not that it really matters much whether I go or not lol.

Steez

Reaction score
I'll go wherever honestly. I don't have shit else to do with myself.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, certainly does matter. Hate to lose any members.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
im just saying im 1/thousands here and I don't even post outside of the community thread lol

id say though, that the reasons that you could give to have them merge here is that this site probably has a larger rep since its been around longer. theres alotta guys here that pop in every once in a while now, that you would lose along the way.

MikeVickPwns

Reaction score
Hey guys im a owner at CenterStageSports and just wanted to make some things clear to you.

If this does go through, ALL information will be transfered to CenterStageSports. You guys wont lose anything including any threads you have created or posts. All the work you have done wont be lost. For example RipCity has 75,000 posts on here, he will have 75,000 posts on CenterStageSports.

We will also have a skin available to commerate Sportz Insomnia. I understand losing the identity is a big thing to some people. If you want to you can sport a SI skin to remember the old site. The history of the site does not need to be thrown away.

And btw we will carry over some staff members on here to CenterStageSports. Your community will have a say on CSS, you wont just be thrown into the community.

Well if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks for considering this guys.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dislike CSS.
its not just that anymore. we have members here that are banned there. thatll change. we just do not have the activity we need here anymore.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its not just that anymore. we have members here that are banned there. thatll change. we just do not have the activity we need here anymore.
You don't have the activity you need for what, exactly? The activity seems fine to me. It's nowhere near the level of PSD or Footballs Future, or some other super forum, but that level of activity is ultimately a detriment to the quality of any message board. SI has a tight-knit "family," if you will, and everyone here gets along, for the most part. Most of the members respect one another for their sports knowledge as well.

Do you need to reach a post quota in order to receive ad revenue? Because if it has nothing to do with advertising, I don't see why you "need" to reach a certain level of activity.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No for me because I wouldn't be able to show my face there after all the shit i talked about SI being better than CSS.

Could we maybe look into merging with a different affiliate? Preferably one that would be willing to move here.

Steez

Reaction score
Literally been listening to Whoomp! There It Is all day.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All that being said, I'd be fine with a move. It doesn't really bother me that much. I just don't understand why it is a necessary move.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You don't have the activity you need for what, exactly? The activity seems fine to me. It's nowhere near the level of PSD or Footballs Future, or some other super forum, but that level of activity is ultimately a detriment to the quality of any message board. SI has a tight-knit "family," if you will, and everyone here gets along, for the most part. Most of the members respect one another for their sports knowledge as well.

Do you need to reach a post quota in order to receive ad revenue? Because if it has nothing to do with advertising, I don't see why you "need" to reach a certain level of activity.
thats actually why we dont really want to do it. but from what SI used to be to now is quite sad. we have active members, but how many? 8? thats not a whole lot at all. we have the same members posting, we have no new members. we cant even run an active sim league anymore. we have sections that go untouched for months.

Steez

Reaction score
My ideal site would just be a shoutbox. That's it. Just a shoutbox.

The BSX shoutbox when it was active was the most fun I've ever had on the internet.

Off topic I know, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%