Paul and Dwight will make more money if traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The financial implications of the new CBA for Dwight Howard and Chris Paul could be significant, depending on where each player wants to spend his future.

Howard can play the entire 11-12 season with the Magic, opt out of his deal and end up elsewhere (by signing outright or sign-and-trade) for $80.5 million over four seasons. If he gets traded before the deadline, opts out and then re-signs with the team that acquired him, he can sign for $110.8 million over five seasons.

If Paul plays the entire season with the Hornets and ends up elsewhere, he can receive up to $75.8 million over four seasons. If he gets traded to another team, opts out and then re-signs with that team, he can receive up to $100.2 million over five seasons.

In other words, Howard and Paul would be able to preserve their Bird rights if they're moved before the trade deadline -- the acquiring teams would hold these rights and could therefore exceed the soft cap to offer them maximum-salary contracts. But under the new rules, Bird rights can no longer be transferred in any sign-and-trade deal.

Read more: http://basketball.re...e#ixzz1fQEZXK1Z

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they aren't traded before the 31st the team that trades for them won't have their bird rights and they won't be able to sign them to max deals.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So if they stayed on their respective teams they can also make that bigger max...

I'm already hating this CBA deal. Seems to push guys into not re-signing.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
which is the exact opposite of what the Owners wanted.

Now that I think of it, maybe they're right. Maybe the Players did win that CBA battle after all....

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they aren't traded before the 31st the team that trades for them won't have their bird rights and they won't be able to sign them to max deals.
theyd still get max deals just a year shorter than if they stayed on their teams. so its not as much money but its still a shit ton lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah but NBA players are greedy as shit.

"Your only offering me 400 million when I can get 402 million over there? WTF MAN!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%