WWE Extreme Rules 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There's never been a more protected superstar in WWE history. It's not just his booking; muting the crowd, Photoshopping signs, commentators trying to apologize for people booing him.... it's gone way too far. At some point they have to realize the crowd doesn't accept him

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We already have a Cena, and it took me 11 years to come around on him (and Reigns is one of the reasons i did), so Reigns an fuck right off. 

YABADOO 

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Unneccessary? The dude never loses, and he once again made Styles' finisher look like trash. He kicks out of EVERYTHING
So does Cena. So did The Rock. So did Stone Cold. So did Hulk Hogan. People don't understand, they want to make Roman Reigns to be like the people above. Will he get to that point? Not as a face, but he could. He has been improving every part of his game over the past few months, hell even is bringing in some new moves. He was green as all hell when he arrived, and now he is a legitimate main event contender like they want. Now he needs to somehow get the fans back (WWE screwed that up) or completely turn heel.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you just summed it up with hulk hogan. thats the only comparison. cena was the new hulk, roman will be the new and better cena.

rock and stone cold took loses.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Papi said:
So does Cena. So did The Rock. So did Stone Cold. So did Hulk Hogan. People don't understand, they want to make Roman Reigns to be like the people above. Will he get to that point? Not as a face, but he could. He has been improving every part of his game over the past few months, hell even is bringing in some new moves. He was green as all hell when he arrived, and now he is a legitimate main event contender like they want. Now he needs to somehow get the fans back (WWE screwed that up) or completely turn heel.
Okay, but Roman Reigns is not Cena, he is not the Rock, and he is 100% not Stone Cold. Those guys all got over on their own, the crowd got behind them and then they became "the face of the company" or whatever the hell you want to call it. The WWE is trying to make Reigns that (already has) without him actually getting the crowd behind him. I don't know what to tell you if you can't see the difference there. He has improved somewhat in the ring, sure, but he is still a charisma vacuum, can't cut a good promo to save his life, nor does he know how to react to crowds on the spot. Just looking at Cena, yea he was shoved down the fans throats a ton, got booed a lot, but he at least knows how to react to the crowd without a script. He can keep them engaged for an entire 10-15 minute promo/segment. Reigns cannot speak for more then a minute without getting flustered, and when he does speak he basically just recaps what happened the week prior. Seriously, how can you put a guy at the top of your company who can't actually advertise it on screen properly? 

This never losing thing is magnified because he is not nearly as good as the top faces before him, and he is not even close to being the best talent on the roster. 

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Okay, but Roman Reigns is not Cena, he is not the Rock, and he is 100% not Stone Cold. Those guys all got over on their own, the crowd got behind them and then they became "the face of the company" or whatever the hell you want to call it. The WWE is trying to make Reigns that (already has) without him actually getting the crowd behind him. I don't know what to tell you if you can't see the difference there. He has improved somewhat in the ring, sure, but he is still a charisma vacuum, can't cut a good promo to save his life, nor does he know how to react to crowds on the spot. Just looking at Cena, yea he was shoved down the fans throats a ton, got booed a lot, but he at least knows how to react to the crowd without a script. He can keep them engaged for an entire 10-15 minute promo/segment. Reigns cannot speak for more then a minute without getting flustered, and when he does speak he basically just recaps what happened the week prior. Seriously, how can you put a guy at the top of your company who can't actually advertise it on screen properly? 

This never losing thing is magnified because he is not nearly as good as the top faces before him, and he is not even close to being the best talent on the roster. 
Like I said. He isn't a face and they want him to be. It is honestly the WWE's own fault with Roman. When he has done the bad ass and heel things the crowd ate it up. Once they had him try to become Cena he was a big ole fat meh. His little bit of work down in FCW and NXT his mic skills actually weren't too shabby as a heel.

Overall him as a performer we will agree to disagree because I am a fan of his in the ring, mic skills are still improving, and guy does what the higher ups tell him to do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Papi said:
Like I said. He isn't a face and they want him to be. It is honestly the WWE's own fault with Roman. When he has done the bad ass and heel things the crowd ate it up. Once they had him try to become Cena he was a big ole fat meh. His little bit of work down in FCW and NXT his mic skills actually weren't too shabby as a heel.

Overall him as a performer we will agree to disagree because I am a fan of his in the ring, mic skills are still improving, and guy does what the higher ups tell him to do.
It's not exactly difficult to work as a heel on the mic, which is why any face who can't get over is usually made a heel. You just insult wrestlers and the crowd. Some do it better than others, but it's obviously much easier to do than to cut an entertaining face promo. 

I don't have a huge problem with his ring work, as I stated he is improving there, but I value charisma and mic skills more than ring work. You may think he is improving, but I don't see it that way. They legitimately just don't let him speak that long anymore, and in the long run that probably won't help him, it's just being used so "boring" chants don't flood the arena for 10 minutes.

Reigns as a performer is not terrible. He does have a legitimate good look and is a good power wrestler, but his current skill set is no where near where it needs to be the top guy. Now you can say he is improving and he "might" get there (I will disagree on this regardless), but you shouldn't still be in your "improving" stage and already be the top guy (which he has clearly been for over a year now). 

The booking and the management is to blame, yes, but if you don't boo and complain about the performer, that booking will not change. What are the fans going to do, go to corporate headquarters and heckle a staff meeting? 

It's amazing to me that they haven't realized Seth should be at the top if they insist on needing a sole superstar (they shouldn't be going with this mindset anyway, because it makes everything predictable. You need multiple top guys, not just one who dominates everyone). He has everything, and WWE shills can't use the normal rhetoric that they use against indy guys of being "too small" with him. But that is exactly why he won't be their top guy, because they didn't create him. 

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Won't quote for length reasons.

I agree, but a heel is needed to compliment a face. Reigns could do that because he is a guy for the face to overcome and defeat. Reigns skill set screams heel to me, not once in my following of him (in FCW) has he made me think he would be a main event face. He is a mid card face, main event heel in my opinion.

See and to me he oozes charisma, his facial expressions, he subtle brush offs (see when Zayn and Styles came out on Raw that one night), the guy has IT to me. I will agree his mic skills are not on par, but never were Batista's.

You should always be improving. They just pushed Reigns too soon so he is trying to get there still. Again, not his fault.

Yeah...that's not working. They will always do what they want if they see money in it. Roman sells a lot of merchandise.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Big Papi said:
Won't quote for length reasons.

I agree, but a heel is needed to compliment a face. Reigns could do that because he is a guy for the face to overcome and defeat. Reigns skill set screams heel to me, not once in my following of him (in FCW) has he made me think he would be a main event face. He is a mid card face, main event heel in my opinion.

See and to me he oozes charisma, his facial expressions, he subtle brush offs (see when Zayn and Styles came out on Raw that one night), the guy has IT to me. I will agree his mic skills are not on par, but never were Batista's.

You should always be improving. They just pushed Reigns too soon so he is trying to get there still. Again, not his fault.

Yeah...that's not working. They will always do what they want if they see money in it. Roman sells a lot of merchandise.
But where you're wrong is that nobody is booing roman reigns just because he's Roman reigns. He wasn't getting booed in the shield, he wasn't getting booed initially as a singles competitor.

He's getting booed because since the royal rumble of 2015, he's been shoved down everyone's throat despite clearly not being ready to handle being the guy. Have you noticed that JBL rips every face EXCEPT him? They're trying so hard to make the crowd like him, and it's not working, but they refuse to listen to the fans. And what's even worse is with the recent muting of boos, they're acting like the fans don't even have a voice, which is obviously going to make fans boo even louder.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he is a mid-card face in your mind, why are you defending his current post as unstoppable main event face? 

And I think his facial expressions are incredibly forced and over-dramatic. What exactly is "it"? A nice face? Batista was never the top face of the company, he never elevated above Cena and was running the secondary show for years. 

Yes, you should always be improving, but that doesn't justify putting a guy in the spot he is in despite not being close to ready. It is not his fault they pushed him too soon, but again, what do you want fans to do? Just accept it? You put a guy in a position that the fans don't want, they are going to lash out at him. 

By all accounts, Roman is not the top merchandise seller in the company. The New Day, AJ Styles, and even Nakamura now sell a shit down of merchandise. Why aren't any of them the top face in the company? If you put anyone in the position that Roman has been in, they will sell a lot of merchandise. If they want a better indication, maybe they should look at their record low and declining TV ratings. 

And it's important to say, I do think Reigns has talent, and I imagine I have gone overboard before criticizing him, but his current position is absurd, and I can't support the character or the booking if it remains. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lets debate this in the wrestling thread d00dz. good debate thus far.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
take this to the discussion thread now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%