Just bought AllDayFS.com..

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Fuck vB and Xenforo

Not talking vB.  What don't you like about XF?

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
May end up just going with IPB4, just wanted opinions on XF.  I like it but want to keep the peace here.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Definitely in favor of increased traffic

My fav part of this site is how close we all are

Iceman

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
All this change has me scared to death.

No need to be scared.  We are wanting to get all the members ideas of what can help get SI more traffic.  All the input has been great so far and we don't plan on changing anything til we run it all by you guys

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want $10,000 and a free pony

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My sister had pony, my cousin had pony. So, what's wrong with that?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
What about the members who will want to join the sim leagues in they are full?

Unless they are restarted from scratch

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Sports Insonmia works very well

Maybe Sports Insomnia Forums?

ThomasTomasz

Reaction score
I will be the first to say that I thought a merge between their primary community and the one that I ran/owned at the time would work.  However, due to many factors it did not, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt to them.  I've posted with many of the core guys for years, and want nothing but for them to find a stable forum and sit with it. 

My big thing is that it is being phrased as a merge on their site, but over here, it is being phrased as you buying them out.  Which is it?  Buying the site and a merger are fundamentally different, and while my merge didn't work out, those are good guys at the site who need some place stable and not being brought to yet another site.  If this is a buyout, I do not anticipate it working at all and you will have wasted your money and time here, and you will have wasted the time of everyone else at All-Day and then have to make them find another forum to post it.  

Anywho, I hope that my post isn't deleted, but it's your choice.  I doubt I will log back in, so go ahead and do what you want to with it, but just know that you guys should have the integrity to phrase this purchase as what it is now, instead of the merge they think it's going to be.  Those guys deserve that.  

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm not sure how things are run at some forums, but the staff here doesn't delete posts because someone asked questions.

Your question is reasonable and I'm sure Shaggy will explain it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or they're buying the site, and then merging it, which is literally what the first sentence says. Both of those things can happen, it doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also the SI owners made the post first, then Scott made a post at ADFS. Scott is well aware of what the plan is, so don't just assume we're playing them or something.

We worded it as a purchase, they worded it as a merge. Not sure how we're at fault. It's also pretty cowardly to make an accusation like that and not log back in to see the response. So I hope you log back in and read that.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
ThomasTomasz said:
I will be the first to say that I thought a merge between their primary community and the one that I ran/owned at the time would work.  However, due to many factors it did not, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt to them.  I've posted with many of the core guys for years, and want nothing but for them to find a stable forum and sit with it. 

My big thing is that it is being phrased as a merge on their site, but over here, it is being phrased as you buying them out.  Which is it?  Buying the site and a merger are fundamentally different, and while my merge didn't work out, those are good guys at the site who need some place stable and not being brought to yet another site.  If this is a buyout, I do not anticipate it working at all and you will have wasted your money and time here, and you will have wasted the time of everyone else at All-Day and then have to make them find another forum to post it.  

Anywho, I hope that my post isn't deleted, but it's your choice.  I doubt I will log back in, so go ahead and do what you want to with it, but just know that you guys should have the integrity to phrase this purchase as what it is now, instead of the merge they think it's going to be.  Those guys deserve that.  

Sup TT? 

What happened was Scott and I were talking about ways to get involved with SI, and than we got GMF involved and we proposed that we come up with a new software/domain and then merge SI and ADFS together. We were not going to merge into SI, but we wanted a fresh name, and a different software, and we knew SI was thinking of changing their name etc. We then got into a chat with Shaggy and we told him about our idea, and he told us about his idea that he was thinking about (which is going to be awesome) and ultimately Scott and Shaggy worked out a deal. I don't know if it's a "sale" or a "merge" but the end result is going to be the same. SI and ADFS will combine under a new name (which was Scott's and I ideal situation) and we will be involved in the new project that Shaggy will be starting and which will help the overall forum.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Idk if it's just me or not, but this merger seems hella-forced on our side.

We were told randomly out of the blue that we had new owners. Didn't even know SI was available for purchase, until we had two new members introducing themselves as owners. Then they start to tell us that we are merging to other sites, and renaming the site altogether, and this is without the input from the entire board. I understand both GMF and Nola really want new members here, and the rebrand helps that, but what about everybody else? Sal, CC, Dez, cheato, etc? Nobody was asked for input on whether they wanted a new site. Sure we're fading but that easily could have been rebuilt with a strong sim league and advertising for new members. That's why we perceive it as a buyout -- because all SI needs is more activity to regain its status as a popular forum, and we need the other site far less than they need us. I don't know how many of us want a merge, nor how many are willing to continue posting.

I know the board here is thinking of just renaming it to Sports Insomnia, but according to BrewCrew that isn't what's happening? I wanna build SI back up to its popularity, not become some new site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%