Reaction score
no its not

Valverde post all-star sucked and benoit had 1 good year

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jose will be fine lol.
And Benoit's one good season established him as the best set-up man in baseball.
I doubt he's due for a dropoff lol.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Benoit is a one year wonder and Valverde has never been reliable. Not to mention Mo and Soriano are thest duo in the league, no questions asked.

I don't expect 4 .300 hitters in your infield, but Will Rhymes and Peralta suck. Inge is good defensively but that's about it. I said who knows with Mags because he could get hurt or revert back to 09 form. I can't name your starting LF and if Phil Coke didn't used to be a Yankee (a shitty one at that), id have no idea who he was. He was a shitty starter and a shitty reliever.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's a chance of snow for the Indians home opener lol. I remember a few years ago when the entire home opening series was snowed out and we had to to play in Milwaukee against Seattle. Paul Byrd had a perfect game through 4 2/3 innings and they called the home opener cause of the snow smh.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers sign Billingsley to a 4/41M deal
nice

he's very very good. great stuff. perfect #2 behind Kershaw.

speaking of Kershaw, he's next. sign him now before he gets more expensive >.<

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
very bold
he reminds me of Adam LaRoche

and that hitch in his swing is going to give him problems soon
We will see, he had a very good rookie year without much protection in the lineup in a pitchers friendly ballpark. He is a great defender so he can really focus on that swing of his which will get better.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he still has no protection and is in a pitcher friendly park

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
he still has no protection and is in a pitcher friendly park
Beltran and Reyes will be better this year, as will Jason Bay. All of them will finally be healthy for opening day and thats going to do wonders for him. He also wont be batting cleanup, which he did once he got to the majors. Thats a lot more protection than last year. Last year he saw 4th most breaking pitches in the entire league and not too many fastballs, so you can see that he wont digress his sophmore year. He also has amazing raw power which will improve with more plate discipline. Check out the first homer in the video, not many players have hit it that far in our park.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FAIPFY53LZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i still see adam laroche(which isnt bad. dont mean it as a dis) and that hitch in his swing screams sophomore slump
and bay is on the DL i thought, Beltran played like 1 or 2 spring games

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
i still see adam laroche(which isnt bad. dont mean it as a dis) and that hitch in his swing screams sophomore slump
and bay is on the DL i thought, Beltran played like 1 or 2 spring games
I dont usually rant and rave about our prospects, but this kid is legit. Bay has bruised ribs or something, Beltran has returned and will be playing opening day. I know another guy who used to have a hitch like that, Willie Stargell. I think its not that big of a deal as you think it will be.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
The day before opening day tends to take forever. I'm glad we're playing early. First game of the season, and on ESPN.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Benoit is a one year wonder and Valverde has never been reliable. Not to mention Mo and Soriano are thest duo in the league, no questions asked.

I don't expect 4 .300 hitters in your infield, but Will Rhymes and Peralta suck. Inge is good defensively but that's about it. I said who knows with Mags because he could get hurt or revert back to 09 form. I can't name your starting LF and if Phil Coke didn't used to be a Yankee (a shitty one at that), id have no idea who he was. He was a shitty starter and a shitty reliever.
I don't see how you can call someone a one year wonder before he even gets the chance to bitch the next year? lmao.
If ST has any indication on the type of season he will have, Benoit will be just as good as last year. And Valverde was incredible in the first half of the season. When he began dropping off, we were already pretty much out of the race.

Care to explain how both Peralta and Rhymes suck? Peralta had 81 RBI's last season. For a bottom of the lineup hitter, I will take that ALL day. And Rhymes only played a limited amount of time last season for us, but 54 games and a .301 average, I will certainly take that.

Raburn will be starting in left. Who, check the stats, actually played pretty well last season. This will be the first time he is an everyday player, and a lot of experts say he is certainly poised to break out. Dude can hit the longball. As for Magglio, could get hurt is quite the lacking debate lol. It was a freak injury.

And that's cool that Coke sucked for you, but he was one of our better relievers last season. He also had a great spring, and I have no worries about him going into the season. Out of all our starters, Scherzer has by far been the worse. He is the only one I am worried about.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hope the tigers vs. yankees game isnt rained out. If it isnt im gonna miss the first 2 or 3 inning due to class but oh well lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3-3 in the bottom of the 6th.
Just got home from school.

Verlander looks like he has been good despite that 3 run shot from Tex.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't understand why Leyland is even using him as a reviler.
So dumb.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why the fuck is Boesch not in RF, Victor at C, and Maggs at DH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%