2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Post it here everyone. Free Agency here we come!

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So glad Freddy took a paycut to stay in SF for 2 more years

Now lets get Penny and get Lincecum his arbitration money

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the Mets try to fill all those holes we have on our team with some Type A Free Agents! lol

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the Mets try to fill all those holes we have on our team with some Type A Free Agents! lol
Is there like a list of potential free agents floating around? I can't find one

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hudson close to re-signing

ATLANTA - Pitcher Tim Hudson and the Atlanta Braves are nearing agreement on a three-year contract.

Atlanta holds a US$12 million option on the 34-year-old right-hander, who was 2-1 with a 3.61 ERA in seven starts this season after his return from elbow ligament-replacement surgery.

Hudson's agent, Paul Cohen, said the sides are getting closer to a deal but that no agreement has been finalized.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone have a list of potential FA's?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Lincecum was caught with pot!
Tim Lincecum, star pitcher for the San Francisco Giants, is facing charges of misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia use after being stopped for speeding on I-5 last week.

At 8:23 a.m. Oct. 30, Washington State Patrol trooper and spokesman Steve Schatzel said, a motorcycle trooper working with a laser device timed a 2006 Mercedes Benz doing 74 mph northbound in Hazel Dell near Northeast 78th Street — where the speed limit is 60 mph.

The trooper pulled the Mercedes over. When the driver, Lincecum, rolled down his window, the trooper smelled marijuana. He asked Lincecum to hand it over, and Lincecum reached into his dashboard console and produced a small pouch and a pipe, Schatzel said.

The amount was 3.3 grams, Schatzel said, which is considered only enough for personal use. Lincecum did not appear to be impaired behind the wheel and is not being charged with a felony crime, Schatzel said.

"Not unless there's something else going on," Schatzel said. "With this amount of marijuana, that's normally the way we deal with it."

He said 3.3 grams is about the size of a human thumb.

Lincecum "was cited and released," Schatzel said. The speeding citation was for $122. He is expected to be arraigned on Nov. 23 in Clark County District Court.

Schatzel said the motorcycle officer was joined by another officer in a marked patrol car; one didn't know who Lincecum was but the other recognized the name of the 2008 National League Cy Young Award winner.

He said the troopers didn't do anything that wasn't routine.

Lincecum, 25, is a native of Bellevue. He attended Liberty High School in Renton, where was the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Washington. He later starred for the University of Washington, winning in the Golden Spikes award in 2006 as the nation's top amateur baseball player.

He was selected as the 10th overall player in the 2006 MLB Draft by the San Francisco Giants. He won the 2008 National League Cy Young Award after going 18-5 with a 2.62 earned-run average and 265 strikeouts.

He is again among the leading contenders for the 2009 Cy Young Award after going 15-7 with a 2.47 ERA and 261 strikeouts. He was the starting pitcher for the National League in the 2009 All-Star Game in St. Louis. Last month, he was selected the National League pitcher of the year by The Sporting News for a second consecutive season.

Lincecum signed for a $2.025 million signing bonus with the Giants in 2006. He is arbitration eligible for the first time this offseason, and he is expected to earn a pay raise to more than $10 million for 2010.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO!

Anyways, long off-season ahead of us in Detroit.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I knew he smoked weed...you can just tell lol

Too bad he wasn't in California when he got caught

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, that most likely will hurt his chance of CY, though.. what a DUMBASS

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^arent the votes already in?

he wasnt winning anyways
Carpenter is

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah even I thought Carpenter would win

He will though haha

Anyways, this probably wouldn't have hurt his Cy Young chances anyways...IMO at least

Benny21

Reaction score
So glad Freddy took a paycut to stay in SF for 2 more years

Now lets get Penny and get Lincecum his arbitration money
+1 to that
I'm on the Beltre/Bay bandwagon

I also want Pineiro if we can't work something out to keep JSanch/Penny this year.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
+1 to that
I'm on the Beltre/Bay bandwagon

I also want Pineiro if we can't work something out to keep JSanch/Penny this year.
I'm fine with letting Sanchez go but thats just me

Lincecum
Cain
Penny
Zito
Bumgarner

Thats the rotation I want but thats just a fantasy

I say they should trade Sanchez for a good young bat while he still has trade value. I don't know if he'll ever be able to tap that amazing potential he has. Maybe he needs time but come on, Bumgarner is just too good to pass up ;)

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha attaboy Lincy.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just hope the Indians can find some Starting pitching and a little bullpen help.. Lineup should be pretty formidable.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if there is anyone shocked by lincy than you're pretty oblivious

he's my boy though now haha

Benny21

Reaction score
I'm fine with letting Sanchez go but thats just me

Lincecum
Cain
Penny
Zito
Bumgarner

Thats the rotation I want but thats just a fantasy

I say they should trade Sanchez for a good young bat while he still has trade value. I don't know if he'll ever be able to tap that amazing potential he has. Maybe he needs time but come on, Bumgarner is just too good to pass up ;)
The thing that gets me away from trading him is just HOW much untapped potential he has. TONS of K's, TONS of walks. If he can limit the walks, it's easy to see him in a sub 3 ERA. I wouldn't rush MadBum into a starting role, I'd use him in long relief. Maybe it's just me but I like a R/L/R/L/R staff.

So:

Timmy
Zito
Cain
Sanchez
Penny

OR

Timmy
Cain
Zito
Penny
Pineiro

cuz we'd have 4 righties i'd just toss zito in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%