Cavs sign Nichols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RealGM Staff Report -
The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed guard/forward Demetris Nichols to a contract, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced Monday. Per team and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Nichols, 23, played in five preseason games for the New York Knicks and averaged 4.8 points on .571 (8-14) shooting including .667 (4-6) from three-point range in 7.8 minutes per game. He was originally selected by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 53rd overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was then traded to the Knicks on draft day in exchange for a 2008 second round selection. He was waived by the Knicks on October 25.

The 6-foot-8, 216-pounder led the Big East in scoring last season when he averaged 18.9 points per game and was named to the All-Big East First Team. During his four-year career with the Orange, he played in 123 games (93 starts) and averaged 10.9 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This should make people happy lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"That signing don't help.
Because according to some people they only need LeBron to play games for them".

I'm gald to see him get signed though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ummmm who cares?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm...Say goodbye to Pavlovic coming back. Nichols will be nasty this year and could easily that that role Pavlovic had last year.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I care to...check the sig! Nichols is awesome and hopefully he'll be able to get some PT this season. He was voted 2nd best shooter by this years Rookie class, right behind Morris Almond.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
This guy is so overrated. I've only seen him play once in summer league. All the NYK fans boasted about him and until I see him play during the season and actually do good, he is overrated. Cavs needed this due to the ridiculous holdouts by Pavlovic and Varejao.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He scored 10 points in his last pre-season game, and only played like 9 minutes, he drained 2 threes, and got to the foul line a couple of times. This guy won't be bad if he gets time.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This guy is so overrated. I've only seen him play once in summer league. All the NYK fans boasted about him and until I see him play during the season and actually do good, he is overrated. Cavs needed this due to the ridiculous holdouts by Pavlovic and Varejao.
He's not overrated at all. He did exactly what we boasted about. His main "thing" is shooting and thats what he did for us in preseason, and he did it well.

As for replacing Pavlovic, he will when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, but he cant play defense as well as Pavlovic.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's not going to replac Pavlovic, that's actually what they signed Devin Brown for...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea but Nichols is just as good as a shooter as Pavlovic, and Nichols is a better shooter than Brown.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm...Say goodbye to Pavlovic coming back. Nichols will be nasty this year and could easily that that role Pavlovic had last year.
You can't be serious, can you? This is almost as ridiculous as your prediction for the NBA Championship...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nichols is a better shooter then Pavlovic and Brown.

Pavlovic is a better defender then Nichols and Brown.

Devin Brown, IMO, is a waste of a roster space. Have you seen him in preseason.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually Brown played very well last season in New Orleans...averaged almost 13 a game.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see Damon Jones stepping up this year and filling the role of a shooter. They also have Daniel Gibson in the backcourt, so it's not like they will be forced to use Nichols if they need a shooter in the game.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who cares about the backcourt, Nichols is a SF mainly, but James will probably be in almost the whole game so Nichols might play some SG.

And we all know Damon Jones is ice cold way to often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%