Week 1 Reaction

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Post Your Reactions to week 1

My team:
Holy shit this Vikings defense has the potential to be good, especially against QBs that are more prone to interceptions. I love the combination of Rhodes and Waynes and expect Waynes to only get better with starter snaps. Newman, Alexander, and Brock at CBs 3, 4, and 5? Goddammit, do we have depth. Also, we have an awesome pairing at DE in Griffin and Hunter. And I haven't even talked about Kendricks and Barr, yet. Anthony Barr sealed the game with a huge stop on 3rd and 2 in the second half.

Bradford is awesome with decent protection and real weapons. Stefon Diggs is a stud and Adam Theilen might be even better on an every down basis. Diggs is more likely to make a crazy play, but Theilen is open 24/7. 4.45 speed and good size, great routes, and a midwestern work ethic? Fuck yeah. This team also gets Michael Floyd back in week 5, and I fully expect Laquon Treadwell to get more targets as the season goes along. Kyle Rudolph and Bradford have great chemistry, and the passing game with Cook and McKinnon at RB is only going to get batter. I was very happy to see McKinnon get snaps over Murray. I think Murray deserves carries here and there but McKinnon is a better player as far as versatility is concerned. 

Other Teams/Players:
Obviously the North Dakotan has to talk about Carson Wentz. I'm still leery about his decision making from time to time but in today's quarterback-driven NFL, we often forget that even the established elite QBs throw interceptions and make mistakes. We need to expect Carson to make fewer mistakes down the road, but we should be wary of overreacting to the mistakes he's making now. He's the best QB from his class and will show as much this season with real WRs. I only worry about Pederson's playcalling when it comes to the Eagles offense. Pederson tends to overthink and makes terrible play calls at the worst of times. 

That Cowboys defense played much better than expected by the national media. I didn't know that they'd have that good of an initial performance but I'm not surprised that the secondary played extremely well.

Anybody else? You don't have to write books like I do. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not only is Pederson an awful play caller, he has no idea how to manage a game either. I always thought they hired him to stabilize the franchise after the crazy Chip years, not because they thought he'd get them to a Super Bowl. Like they were just trying to get on base, not hit a home run.

I think they'll dump him for a better option when the time comes. Like when Denver dropped Fox in favor of Kubiak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%