Preliminary Card:
.: Lightweight Bout :.
Paul Taylor vs. Gabe Ruediger

.: Light Heavyweight Bout :.
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero

.: Welterweight Bout :.
Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson

Notes:
- Silva vs. Belfort was originally scheduled for January 2nd 2010, moved to February 6, 2010 after Silva suffered a hand injury, and then moved a 3rd time to April 10, 2010...only to be canceled.
- Jon Fitch pulled out of his bout in order to fight BJ Penn at UFC 127.

Next Up:
- UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch, Bisping vs. Rivera, Sotiropoulos vs. Siver
- UFC Live on Versus: Sanchez vs. Kampmann, Dollaway vs. Mark Muñoz, Sakara vs. Natal
- UFC 128: Shogun vs. Evans, Faber vs. Windeland, Akiyama vs. Marquardt

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm fucking pumped for this card.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What happened to all the Forrest Griffin homers this site used to have?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still love Forrest.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
never liked forrest.
I can see how Forrest appeals to the "Joe Schmos" of America but as a fight fan, his ability to take an ass-beating doesn't impress me enough b/c guys like that are a dime-a-dozen. Forrest made a name for himself during the TUF series and I really felt that he was handed the 205-pound title. How in the hell do you get KO'd by Jardine, beat a scrub, beat a struggling Shogun, and then get a title shot? Not to mention, that title fight decision was utter bullshit and the strap should have never left Rampage's waist.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
I can see how Forrest appeals to the "Joe Schmos" of America but as a fight fan, his ability to take an ass-beating doesn't impress me enough b/c guys like that are a dime-a-dozen. Forrest made a name for himself during the TUF series and I really felt that he was handed the 205-pound title. How in the hell do you get KO'd by Jardine, beat a scrub, beat a struggling Shogun, and then get a title shot? Not to mention, that title fight decision was utter bullshit and the strap should have never left Rampage's waist.
truth^

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love forrest, but he isnt a great fighter. i pretty much just like his attitude.

i cant wait for this card.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really, really hope I am wrong on this...but I have this feeling that Vitor is going to stun "The Spider" and end the longest running UFC title reign. Vitor looked really, really good the last time he was in the octagon, but then again, he's coming off a long layoff. Anderson pulled out a miracle win against (a roided up) Chael and if opponents can take anything from that fight, it's the fact that Spider can be taken out of his gameplan by straight up bullying him and coming at him, right out of the gate. This a tough fight to call, the smart move is to say "Silva" but I have a gut feeling that it will be Vitor.

Rich Franklin still looks good but he's definitely over the hill. I have a feeling that this is another one of those fights that Forrest pulls out and prolongs his career in the UFC. Victories over old UFC talent, thus attracting more ridiculous attention, seems to be the story of Forrest's career.

Jones versus Bader is the fight of the card to watch. Both unbeaten, a pair of the most promising, young UFC fighters today, I am so anxious to see this one go down. I am really curious to see what Bader's gameplan is but whatever that may be...Jonny Bones just does too many things well inside the octagon. Whether it be boxing, takedowns, grappling, Jon Jones is a jack of all trades.

My other intriguing bout is that Facebook Stream. Very pumped to see Kid Yamamoto come over the UFC, curious to see how he adjusts to American MMA & if anything, I can appreciate the WEC merger in creating more opportunity for the lighter, Japanese fighters to make their way over.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really like Forrest, Silva is also an amazing fighter.

Isn't Gabe Reudiger that punk from TUF who couldn't cut weight???

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I can't wait for this. Jones, Torres and Franklin/Silva in the same card ? Am I dreaming ?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jon Jones just raped Ryan Bader, round and a half, guillotine choke to finish it off.

Afterwards, Joe Rogan announced that Rashad Evans blew out his knee and Jones will be taking in spot in the next Light Heavyweight Championship bout. Pretty fucking amazing for our hometown boy....and trust me, he's going to give Shogun a hard time in that fight.

Jones' performance tonight shows that his is a younger, longer, GSP-type of fighter. Does so many things so well.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Omg I was pumped when they announced that. Would the fight still be in march though?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Omg I was pumped when they announced that. Would the fight still be in march though?
They keep saying that it will be in Newark...which is March 19th, so I don't know. I mean but I also find it hard to believe that the UFC would put Jones right back into the octagon. Then again...they can't go into 128 with a different main event & it doesn't appear than anyone else at 205 is considered deserving of the shot. It's already been too long to let that title go undefended.

All I know is that I am glad as shit I bought tickets for this. I was almost not going to go, getting to Newark is a pain in the ass for me, hotel, etc...but now I am completely amped up for it.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I wish I could watch this but the government shut down Channel Surfing and ATDHE.net lmao.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.ustream.tv/ufclive

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just spend the $19.99 on Sopcast, one time fee, and you can watch any MMA PPV. I bought SopCast over a year year ago and I haven't missed a UFC of Strikeforce PPV since. Even the PPV's I refuse to have a party for, I still watch. That $20 has long paid off.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you cheato. Meh, I would rather search for a stream and watch for free AE lol.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you cheato. Meh, I would rather search for a stream and watch for free AE lol.
Then your always going to be looking for a stream that government hasn't shut down, which is a huge waste of time.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL, Steven Segal in Anderson Silva's corner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%