UFC 125: Resolution

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes! Thank you Dana. I was just wondering if people were saying Maynard or Edgar got screwed by the judges.
Maynard b/c he fucked Edgar up during Round 1 but the judges scored it 10-8. It should've been scored 10-7...which would have gave Maynard the win.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ah dang. My guess is Maynard will try to be more conditioned for next time. So he won't punch himself out in the 1st.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ah dang. My guess is Maynard will try to be more conditioned for next time. So he won't punch himself out in the 1st.
I think most guys would have been in the same position. Can you get in any better shape than Maynard is in? Maynard did the right thing & its really an amazing testament that Edgar did enough to keep the fight from being stopped. Maynard punch himself out but he went in for the kill...as every fight not named Thiago Silva would have. He paid for it in the later rounds but that's just a tough break. Frankie Edgar gained a ton of respect last night and despite the draw, his performance has me finally comfortable with him being the Lightweight Champion.

Still say Gilbert Melendez is the best Lightweight in the world tho.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Melendez? Where is he? Never heard of him. But then again i've been gone for the last 2 years.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frankie has a heart of a champion I thought for sure that Edgar was knocked out. Maynard gassed out after the first round though. I really wanna see pettis fight again. He looked pretty choked when he was interviewed by Ariel Helwani after the Edgar vs Maynard fight.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Melendez? Where is he? Never heard of him. But then again i've been gone for the last 2 years.
Strikeforce if I'm not mistaken.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Current Strikeforce Lightweight Champion.

Frankie has a heart of a champion I thought for sure that Edgar was knocked out. Maynard gassed out after the first round though. I really wanna see pettis fight again. He looked pretty choked when he was interviewed by Ariel Helwani after the Edgar vs Maynard fight.
Maynard threw 97 punches in that fight...a majority of which came in the first round. ANY fighter would have been totally gassed after that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man and so many people were calling this a boring fight. It sounded awesome. Edgar surviving the 1st. And Maynard survivng the rest after being exhausted. Incredible fighters.

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
Gosh dang it. Another draw for Maynard. At least he's still undefeated. I really wish he would of gotten the victory. Anybody watch the fight? Was it a total draw or what?
I'm not upset with the draw. That was a ridiculously close fight and major props to Edgar for regaining composure after the rape that went down in the first round.

That being said, my major issue is even tho they may have gotten the decision correct, the way they got there was ridiculous. There is no way in my mind you can defend 48-46 Edgar. I really want to see the judges scorecards and see how that guy came to that conclusion. Rnd 1 was 10-8 Maynard. That means that judge gave the next 4 rounds to Edgar and it was clear to me that Maynard took Rnd 3.

Maybe I need to watch it again, and I'll probably peep it tomorrow, but as of right now 48-46 Edgar is all sorts of wrong. /rant

Also I really wish I could hear what Dana was telling Couture and the rest of Maynard's corner when Rogan was talking to Edgar. Dana didn't even put the belt on Edgar like he normally does to the champ. Even when he thought Shogun beat Machida in the first fight he still strapped up the Dragon after the decision was announced

Cant wait for Edgar-Maynard III. This fight was fucking classic.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also I really wish I could hear what Dana was telling Couture and the rest of Maynard's corner when Rogan was talking to Edgar. Dana didn't even put the belt on Edgar like he normally does to the champ. Even when he thought Shogun beat Machida in the first fight he still strapped up the Dragon after the decision was announced

Cant wait for Edgar-Maynard III. This fight was fucking classic.
Yea, Dana basically said to Edgar, "...well you want your belt?", and then handed it to him. I really, really don't think Dana likes Edgar carrying around the belt for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%