- Shane Carwin pulled out of fight with Roy Nelson due to back surgery
- Cole MIller vs. Matt Wiman was moved to UFC: Fight for the Troops

Next Up:
- Fight For Troops 2: Florian vs. Dunham, Mitrione vs. Hague, Hominick vs. Roop
- UFC 126: Silva vs. Belfort, Franklin vs. Griffin, Bader vs. Jones
- UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch, Bisping vs. Rivera, Condit vs. Lytle

Mooche

Reaction score
Clay Guida and Leben always make for a fun card! I'll get some stream to watch this hopefully.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This card doesn't look like the greatest on paper; however, I see it going down as action-packed. Even though they're preliminary bouts, I am very intrigued at seeing the first pair of featherweight bouts in UFC history. Look at a guy like Mike Brown, who was a featherweight stud in the WEC. I see this merge being bad news for a guy like Brown. A lot of these lighter weight bouts are going to make up the prelims and a guy who's at Brown's age is bound to get lost in the mix. I'll bet Mike Brown is cut by the UFC before mid-2011, if that.

This also has to suck for Nate Diaz. Diaz continues to bitch and moan that he won the Gray Maynard fight...when if fact he didn't. Now Diaz gets a front row seat to Maynard's crack at the Lightweight strap.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
God I hope Frankie beats Gray Maynard. Just simply not a fan of his style. The fight between Vera and Silva hasn't been getting enough attention imo. This could be Vera's last fight in the UFC if he doesn't put his shit together and it's not going to be easy against such a powerful puncher in Thiago Silva.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is Brock ever gonna fight again?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gray Maynard is one of my favorite fighters. I really hope he can pull this one out.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is Brock ever gonna fight again?
Yes he will. Going off the typical fighter's schedule...he's at least 4-5 cards away from being back in the octagon, keep in mind the average UFC fighter fights about 4 times a year. I was really hoping we'd see a Lesnar vs. Mir trilogy...but that doesn't appear to be the case. Looks like Mir is going to fight Brandon Schaub in May, Lesnar will most likely be pitted against a formidable heavyweight that gives him the opportunity to rebound. I'd really like to see him in Cheick Kongo bout.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I just find it weird that he wasn't on the next 2 cards after this, and in your notes it said that Cain was going to be in this one but had to pull out.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I just find it weird that he wasn't on the next 2 cards after this, and in your notes it said that Cain was going to be in this one but had to pull out.
Carwin was supposed to fight on this card, not Cain. Cain isn't scheduled to fight JDS until April. Also keep in mind that Lesnar was medically suspended for 6 mos, due to injuries sustained during the fight.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh wow lol, i read that wrong then. Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i like mma but i dont really know much about the smaller name fighters so this card doesnt grab my attention.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't wait for this. I hope Gray can finish Edgar before the bell.

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
i like mma but i dont really know much about the smaller name fighters so this card doesnt grab my attention.
I actually really like this card, the UFC did a good job supplementing a potential lackluster Main Event (which I disagree with anyway) with a lot of exciting matches that just lack a big name. Gomi/Guida has FOTN written all over it. Diaz/Stun Gun should be a battle, Leben always brings it, and even the undercard has good matches with Marcus Davis, Mike Brown, Josh Grispi,Baroni and even McKee if he decides to finish a fight.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gray Maynard came out & beat the living shit out of Frankie Edgar in the first round...almost ended that fight. Edgar mounted one of the best comebacks I've ever seen in a fight....and they fight to a draw. Questionable scoring by the judges...Frankie looks like he got gang-raped right now, Maynard is tore up too. An awesome brawl.

Check out Clay Guida's disgusting guillotine choke out on Takinori Gomi...and Thiago Silva literally made Vera's nose look like Roethelisberger's did a couple weeks ago.

Just as I thought...lackluster card on paper but amazing action made up for it.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everyone thought that the main event was gonna be lame but u know what they say, you can't judge a book by it's cover. I though it was a pretty good fight but those 2 must be really disappointed by the draw. I know I would too. That guillotine choke by guida was sick. Didn't really expect him to win tbh.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I was mainly interested in Guida's fight since he's one of my favorites but I missed it, glad to hear he won.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm happy as all hell Clay won that fight. Gomi is no walk in the park, he was unbeaten in the UFC, and that win catapults Guida in the lightweight rankings. Another main card win and Guida is in title discussion.

How about Nate Diaz taking a huge shit against Dong Hyun Kim? I love Nick Diaz but that camp continues to overrate Nate & I'm tired of hearing about how the Gray Maynard fight was the wrong decision by the judges.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gosh dang it. Another draw for Maynard. At least he's still undefeated. I really wish he would of gotten the victory. Anybody watch the fight? Was it a total draw or what?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gosh dang it. Another draw for Maynard. At least he's still undefeated. I really wish he would of gotten the victory. Anybody watch the fight? Was it a total draw or what?
Dana has already said that it will be Edgar vs. Maynard III, as soon as possible.

Anthony Pettis is gonna have to wait for that unification bout.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes! Thank you Dana. I was just wondering if people were saying Maynard or Edgar got screwed by the judges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%