Dynamite!! 2010

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Official Card:

.: DREAM Heavyweight Bout :.
Alistair Overeem vs. Todd Duffee

.: IGF Special Rules Heavyweight Bout :.
Shinichi Suzukawa vs. Bob Sapp

.: DREAM Featherweight Championship Bout :.
Bibiano Fernandes (c) vs. Hiroyuki Takaya

.: K-1 MAX Bout :.
Tetsuya Yamato vs. Akiyo Nishiura

.: DREAM Featherweight Bout :.
Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Caol Uno

.: DREAM Lightweight Bout :.
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Josh Thompson

.: DREAM/K-1 Special Rules Bout :.
Shinya Aoki vs. Yuichiro Nagashima

.: DREAM Welterweight Championship Bout :.
Marius Žaromskis (c) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

.: K-1 Bout :.
Gegard Mousasi vs. Kyotaro

.: DREAM Featherweight Bout :.
Hideo Tokoro vs. Kazuhisa Watanabe

.: DREAM Welterweight Bout :.
Hayato Sakurai vs. Jason High

.: DREAM vs. SRC Openweight Bout :.
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Hiroshi Izumi

Tatsuya Mizuno vs. Sergei Kharitonov

Satoshi Ishii vs. Jérôme Le Banner​

Notes:

- Event will air on HDNet in North America.

- Sengoku Raiden Championship opted against another installment of DREAM vs. SRC format, in favor of hosting their own New Year's Eve event: World Victory Road Presents: Sould of Fight.

- The event will be shortened to around 3 hours and the annual K-1 Koshien tournament will not take place at this event

- The title fight between Bibiano Fernandes and Hiroyuki Takaya will be the last in the 63 kg. (139 lbs) weight class before it gets broken into the standard MMA bantamweight and featherweight divisions.

- Melvin Manhoef is slated to compete at this event. His opponent is not confirmed

- Alistair Overeem has expressed interest in fighting at this event and Bobby Lashley is a possible opponent

Mooche

Reaction score
I haven't heard a lot of these fighters. I might have to study this and take a closer look at some of these guys.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't heard a lot of these fighters. I might have to study this and take a closer look at some of these guys.
This is Japanese MMA and Dynamite!! is the Super Bowl of Japanese MMA. Put it this way, FEG owns and operates DREAM...which is pretty much the same group who ran PRIDE. I was a huge fan of PRIDE, (more than UFC), so I naturally got hooked on DREAM and some of Sengoku.

Japan's MMA lacks the highlight knockouts but for us BJJ and kickboxing connoisseurs....this is the shiznit. At the same time, watching a Japanese MMA show is insanity. The fighter entrances often outdo the WWE, the crowd is bizarre, and its more about showmanship than actual skills. Look up Akihiro Gono on YouTube and you'll know exactly what I mean. Gono spent a few fights in the UFC and let's just say that he's so outrageous...he gave himself an alter-ego.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I might watch this. Thank god I have HDNet.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh That's good for me then because I live in the west coast, hah.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sakuraba is my favorite fighter of all time & he's got a crack at the Zaromskis & the DREAM Welterweight title. Only in Japan, would a guy coming off 2 straight losses get a title shot. Sakuraba is a legend, he's always a big draw, and going back to that whole "showmanship" thing......explain how this fight happened.

Very curious to see my boy Aoki and this "Special Rules" bout. Not exactly sure what those rules are. Also haven't seen Mousasi fight a K-1 bout, so I am intrigued.

That rumored 'Overeem vs. Lashley' bout had better stay just a rumor. I am sure FEG will get Overeem on the card somehow...but Lashley would be straight up destroyed by Alistair.

Mooche

Reaction score
Ahhh. Thanks for clearing that up for me AE.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alistair Overeem vs. Todd Duffee has been added to this card.

Overeem is the reigning Strikeforce HW Champion & Duffee owns the UFC's record for fastest KO ever. Duffee was released by the UFC earlier in the year, following a pair of shitty losses.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What happened to Duffee? Wasn't he the top HW prospect of the UFC not that long ago?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What happened to Duffee? Wasn't he the top HW prospect of the UFC not that long ago?
Flash in the pan, was vastly overrated after that 8 second knockout (that his opponent basically walked into). Duffee's very next fight...he pistol whipped Mike Russow for 2 and 1/2 rounds & then Russow ends up knocking him out in the final minute of the 3rd round.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow I watched the opening ceremony and I was mind blown. It's amazing they even introduce all the fighters before the fights. Their stadium was amazingly huge as well. Unfortunately I only got to watch the first fight because I was tired. I'm gonna have to watch the rest later.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Replay tonite, 9pm et, HDNet

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alistair Overeem is the baddest heavyweight in the world. I would put money on this guy fucking up any heavyweight Strikeforce OR the UFC could throw at him. Yes, Fedor & Cain included. Overeem needed about 15 seconds to KO Todd Duffee...and you can add DREAM Heavyweight Champion to his list.

Shinya Aoki was pummeled too. :( Never a good idea to shoot in, on a kickboxer, with your head up.

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
I really want to see Overeem focus on MMA this coming year. The things he is capable of are astounding. Easily the best HW striker, possibly the best striker regardless of weight class in all of MMA. Beast is an understatement.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really liked the card overall. Lots of nice finishes. There was this one dude who attempted like 100 arm bars it finally worked in the 3rd round lol. And yeah, Overeem is a bad dude. The power in his strikes are just devastating.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you guys see Sakuraba's cauliflower ear fall off his head? I have a pretty strong stomach but seeing that hunk of cartilage hang from his head made me want to puke.

Not as many wacky entrances this year but some pretty solid bouts. I'm a BJJ enthusiast so a lot of this back and forth on the ground is exactly what I like to watch. I'm getting closer to seeing Bibiano's return to the cage...about all I want to see that's left on this card.

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
I really liked the card overall. Lots of nice finishes. There was this one dude who attempted like 100 arm bars it finally worked in the 3rd round lol. And yeah, Overeem is a bad dude. The power in his strikes are just devastating.
That dude was intense. That choke that he threw on ol' boy with his legs was nuts!

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ye I'm surprised he didn't tap. He had an arm bar and a chin choke at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%