A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate Brock Lesnar for the following reasons:

1. He's a former "professional" Wrestler crossed over into MMA

2. His @sshole gimmick that he brought with him

3. He was a complete tool during his short stint with the Minnesota Vikings

4. He was f'ing handed, HANDED, a shot at the UFC HW crown...didn't have to do dick to earn it. Lesnar's spike to the top of the rankings is a slap in the face to any and every lifelong fighter. There's guys that are/have/were living f'ing hand-to-mouth to make a career as a fighter, moving their families all over the place, leaving their families, and working 2nd jobs just to pay the bills. All these guys are working their @sses off to be somebody in MMA and what about Brock? He says, "I want to be a fighter", and that's it...straight into a (extremely favorable) heavyweight title match, video game cover, you name it.

Lesnar is a f'ing a-hole and doesn't appreciate or even attempt to appreciate what he's involved in. Literally no respect for the sport, fellow competitors, and/or tradition. I hope Shane Carwin knocks Brock's teeth...no...I hope Shane Carwin splits Lesnar's head down the middle & it leaves him too jacked up to ever fight again.

Brock may win and we UFC fans have to continue to watch our favorite sport be headlined by somebody discovered by Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman, a terrible reality. All of Brock's fans (pro wrestling fans, UFC bandwagons, know-nothing casual fans) will continue to flaunt and the rest of us (legit MMA fans) will continue to count down the days where somebody bigger, faster, stronger finally takes his @ss out.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
I hate Brock Lesnar for the following reasons:

1. He's a former "professional" Wrestler crossed over into MMA

2. His @sshole gimmick that he brought with him

3. He was a complete tool during his short stint with the Minnesota Vikings

4. He was f'ing handed, HANDED, a shot at the UFC HW crown...didn't have to do dick to earn it. Lesnar's spike to the top of the rankings is a slap in the face to any and every lifelong fighter. There's guys that are/have/were living f'ing hand-to-mouth to make a career as a fighter, moving their families all over the place, leaving their families, and working 2nd jobs just to pay the bills. All these guys are working their @sses off to be somebody in MMA and what about Brock? He says, "I want to be a fighter", and that's it...straight into a (extremely favorable) heavyweight title match, video game cover, you name it.

Lesnar is a f'ing a-hole and doesn't appreciate or even attempt to appreciate what he's involved in. Literally no respect for the sport, fellow competitors, and/or tradition. I hope Shane Carwin knocks Brock's teeth...no...I hope Shane Carwin splits Lesnar's head down the middle & it leaves him too jacked up to ever fight again.

Brock may win and we UFC fans have to continue to watch our favorite sport be headlined by somebody discovered by Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman, a terrible reality. All of Brock's fans (pro wrestling fans, UFC bandwagons, know-nothing casual fans) will continue to flaunt and the rest of us (legit MMA fans) will continue to count down the days where somebody bigger, faster, stronger finally takes his @ss out.

--1)What is wrong with being a pro wrestler, I hope u mean Amateur wrestling where Brock's career record is 106-5 (56-3 at BJC, 50-2 at Minnesota). He was the NCAA Division I runner-up (1999)and NCAA Division I Champion(2000), a two time Big Ten Conference Champion(1999, 2000), Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference (2000),North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament Heavyweight Championship(1997–1999), National Junior College Athletic Association NJCAA All-American (1997, 1998)and Junior College National Championship (1998). There are many MMA fighters who started in wrestling. -http://retro4.tripod.com/lesnar.html

--4) Handed a shot? -Nogueira and Mir had already signed contracts to be coaches on The Ultimate Fighter season 8 and were booked to fight for the interim title at UFC 92. The division was thin at the time and most of the fighters were coming off of loses. Carwin was undefeated but was already fighting against Neil Wain at UFC 89 in October. Velasquez was undefeated but was not well known at the time. Arlovski had contract issues and went to Affliction. Werdum would have been a logical choice to contend but Randy requested to fight Brock. Lesnar was the most marketable opponent for the PPV and his future in fighting had a lot of potential. With Randy's experience he was the favorite, but Brock beat him for the championship which proves that he deserved the shot. Besides, Mir won the interim championship against Nogueira after beating Brock, what makes Mir so worthy and deserving of a championship fight if Brock isnt, Mir got a shot immediately after beating Brock. Also, A true champion must defend the belt, which Brock did in convincing fashion while revenging his controversial loss to Mir.

-other examples: Randy was not deserving of a shot when he lost at LHW, retired, came out of retirement and then got an immediate shot against Tim Sylvia. -BJ Penn got a title shot 4 fights in -Anderson Silva made his UFC debut against Leben and received a title shot in his next fight against Franklin - GSP made his UFC debut against Parisyan and had an unsuccessful title shot against Hughes in his 3rd UFC fight - Nogueira beat Herring in his UFC debut and got a title shot in his next fight against Sylvia.

-How does he not appreciate it, he has invested and made beaucoup money for the UFC. No respect? yea thats why he brought in Randy Couture to train with, one of the most decorated veteran champion fighters in MMA history who Brock beat for the championship.

-"“He taught me a lot of things,” Lesnar said. “There are a lot of tricks of the trade he passed along. He came in and said, ‘These are the things you do great,’ and ‘These are the things you can do better at.’ When Randy Couture comes into your gym, you have to raise the intensity level. I got to take my hat off to the guy. I was very impressed with him. At the end of the day, we complement each other and degrade each other. The biggest compliment is honesty. I know what I am good at. Tell me what I am not good at.”

It’s that attitude – Tell me what I’m not good at – that makes Lesnar unique. Too many athletes work on their strengths and ignore their weaknesses. The reason Lesnar may become great is because he’s the type of guy who is determined to turn weaknesses into strengths."
-article- http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-lesnar-062810

-If the whole disrespect thing is coming from his UFC 100 behavior here is the post fight interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnK1gEMt9jk

--As far as respect for MMA and for human life in general,"I hope Shane Carwin knocks Brock's teeth...no...I hope Shane Carwin splits Lesnar's head down the middle & it leaves him too jacked up to ever fight again." speaks for itself....This statement shows your immaturity and suggests that you are no older than 16.

--" us(legit MMA fans) will continue to count down the days where somebody bigger, faster, stronger finally takes his @ss out." First of all, Brock was not discovered by WWE he is a real athlete, and u obviously are not a legit MMA fan since you know nothing, size physique and strength have almost absolutely nothing to do with being a better MMA fighter, besides there are weight divisions every fighter faces an opponent of the exact or around the same weight. Fighting experience, technique,skill, and stratigies are more important.
--Examples: Uhh ever heard of Royce Gracie??? Couture beat Sylvia, Fedor destroyed giant Hong Man Choi, Roy Nelson is fat and unhealthy but wins etc. But according to you, Mariusz Pudzianowski would be the best MMA fighter...

:eek:wned:

--Lesnar videos- http://www.youtube.com/user/DCBrockLesnar#p/u

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
actually he meant wwe wrestling.. so that whole wrestling statement you made should be tossed out. brock talks too much shit to have my respect. in the world of mma and the ufc, he hasnt done enough to make me repect him.

and before you come in and insult his age and maturity you should try to lurk around the site a little more and find out who certain members are.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
carwin is the exact same size, but hes more muscle/lean and less girth. and thats something brock never faced, other than an never in shape heath herring..
Brock trains with Cole Konrad who is 6'5'' 266 lbs. Konrad won a gold medal at the 2005 Pan-American Championships.He won the NCAA wrestling championships in 2006 and 2007 at 285 pounds and finished third at the 2006 World University Championships and is undefeated in MMA.

-Chris Tuchscherer who is 6'1'' 258 lbs. He is a two-time NCAA Division II All-American and is 18-2 in MMA.

-Jon Madsen 6'0'' 252 lbs. Won a national wrestling title and 5-0 in MMA.

Tuchscherer and Madsen are both fighting at UFC 116.

- In all your posts you downgrade/ talk down about things to make your opinion sound correct in your favor. Herring was coming off a win over Cheick Kongo before he fought Brock.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brock trains with Cole Konrad who is 6'5'' 266 lbs. Konrad won a gold medal at the 2005 Pan-American Championships.He won the NCAA wrestling championships in 2006 and 2007 at 285 pounds and finished third at the 2006 World University Championships and is undefeated in MMA.

-Chris Tuchscherer who is 6'1'' 258 lbs. He is a two-time NCAA Division II All-American and is 18-2 in MMA.

-Jon Madsen 6'0'' 252 lbs. Won a national wrestling title and 5-0 in MMA.

Tuchscherer and Madsen are both fighting at UFC 116.

- In all your posts you downgrade/ talk down about things to make your opinion sound correct in your favor. Herring was coming off a win over Cheick Kongo before he fought Brock.
kongo also wasnt no where near the level his is/was now. you can say how good a wrestler is all you want. shane is just as/if not better.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
because hes an ass. he thinks because he fought an old washed up ramdy couture and frank ir hes done something. he hasnt really had a major test. but if you listen to him talk, hes the best ever.

hes 4-1. fedor is still the best.
Old and washed up Randy huh? He won the championship from Sylvia and defended it against Gonzaga before fighting Brock. Also has a ton of experience over Brock.

-Mir was coming off a win over Antoni Hardonk before Brock fought him, after that Mir went on to knock out Nogueira for the championship before Brock got the rematch. Mir was also a champion beforehand.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
Watch the fight. Fedor made a mistake but he almost knocked him out.
Don't make an excuse, almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Not my fault he rushed into the guard of one of the top BJJ fighters.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he did show skill against mir the second time, he had a plan and stuck to it. if he tried to let mir control the ground he would have been submitted. and as for randy, he was washed up. that was the start of his decline. and the way you throw around past fights, they have such a long break yo train. so telling me who randy beat before brock beat him doesnt mean jack.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how so? IMO he was in every fight, even in his loss.
just hasn't really made me say wow in all of his fights. If he beats and dominates Carwin then sure, I'd say sure he could be very well the best heavyweight in the ufc, not iverall though.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
I hate him because he's an arrogant asshole Sheed. Really, dominate? He's not. He hasn't shown me ANY skill in his wins.... sitting on a guy, punching him in the head, and doing <Censored> all the entire fight is not skill. Fedor (yeah, talk about his recent loss) is a guy who punishes his opponents. He can stand-up, he can take them down, he can submit them. He can do it all. Brock is so one dimensional it isn't even funny.
I don't think u have watched any of his fights if this is your opinion. Brock has shown muay thai knees and clinch work, catch/greco-roman/ and freestyle wrestling skills, control, knockdown punches while standing, killer instinct, submission defense ( vs Mir2), kept composure after Mir's flying knee and after Couture opened up a cut and Brock was bleeding...

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
just hasn't really made me say wow in all of his fights. If he beats and dominates Carwin then sure, I'd say sure he could be very well the best heavyweight in the ufc, not iverall though.
okay well said, I agree.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ok, im not saying he isnt the best heavyweight in the ufc. but he is NOT the best in the world.

if you thiunk brock would beat fedor and is indeed the best in the world then you need to remove the dick from your mouth and open your eyes.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't make an excuse, almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Not my fault he rushed into the guard of one of the top BJJ fighters.
Not making an excuse, just sayin fedor is still the best. Just made a costly mistake.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
carwin stands the best chance right now. im not saying its going to be easy for either of them, but i do want carwin to win. either way, the heavyweight division is weak in my opinion and dana needs to try and get some better fighters there..then again he has a crush on brock and doesnt want him to ever lose.
Weak? I agree Dana should try harder to get some more top level HW fighters but I also think that the UFC HW division is stronger than it has been in a while. A lot of young talent with a lot of potential, Dos Santos, Duffee , Barry, Velasquez.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they do have the potential to be part of a good division. but dana needs to go out and find the top talent to put in there. thats part of the reason i dislike brock. with each win he gets more and more cocky, i know that the division is so weak he may not lose for years, and ill be stuck listening to his bullshit.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
Not making an excuse, just sayin fedor is still the best. Just made a costly mistake.
IMO his record seems better than it is but if he ever fights and beats Overeem or any current top level fighters than it would be hard to argue

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank god for wikipedia zoo, right? If it wasn't for wiki and all your freetime...you'd have nothing to say in this thread. People who go to bat THIS MUCH for the Brock, fall under that "really big WWE fan" category I already mentioned. I really find it funny u call out Pugz for not watching any of Brock's what....5 pro fights!?! He's displayed Muay Thai knees? Clinch work? When? All of Brock's wins most certainly come from his knocking down opponents down, smothering, and pounding away with the fists. Brock doesn't even have a fight long enough to fully evaluate how much skill he does have....and no, skull-f*cking Heath Herring doesn't really count. I mean Heath Herring? Really?

Brock's a great wrestler, no denying that. He's fast, strong, and hits pretty hard...nobody here said he doesn't. It's all about attitude, where he comes from, and what he's got that he hasn't earned. I don't give a sh*t how "thin" the UFC's HW division was back then, Lesnar didn't deserve a crack at the title that fast. I would rather call Tank Abbott back into action before justifying a guy getting a shot with 1 consecutive win and only 3 fights to his credit.

Lesnar only is where he is in the UFC today b/c of his name-brand recognition. Not saying he wouldn't be a good fighter with his natrual ability..but he certainly wouldn't of been given a f'ing title shot yet. Dana has sold out by whoring out Brock for the media attention. Something I don't agree with from a personal opinion....but a wise business decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%