USA Soccer.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't cheer for Italy because they have a better soccer reputation. I cheer for Italy because I'm Italian, my parents were born there. I was born here but it doesn't make me any less Italian because of it.

RB!

Reaction score
I don't cheer for Italy because they have a better soccer reputation. I cheer for Italy because I'm Italian, my parents were born there. I was born here but it doesn't make me any less Italian because of it.
I guess I understand, but my loyalty will always remain with the U.S, no matter good or bad their national team is. If the U.S. was a world power in soccer, than there would be much less fans of European nations in America. Should have been a penalty in the box there in the 81st minute. Ref probably figured he'd piss off two many Italians if he would've given a second PK, but that collision definitely warranted a PK. Typical soccer BS. That's why soccer will not be huge in America, ever.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my support isn't based on how good or bad the team is but I understand what you mean you.

What people here have to understand that things like that happen to both teams not just theirs. Gilardino got clipped in the box before too, you just gotta go with the game.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
First of all that was NOT a red card. Second USA played pretty well for being a man down, but idk the defense didnt come up as I thought they would. Sloppy gameplay from both sides. Jozy played really well imo.

That prick Rossi was born in New Jersey at he decides to play for Italy....... bs right there.... I would never play for colombia even though my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents are from colombia.

RB!

Reaction score
my support isn't based on how good or bad the team is but I understand what you mean you.

What people here have to understand that things like that happen to both teams not just theirs. Gilardino got clipped in the box before too, you just gotta go with the game.
Yeah, I'm not saying the U.S. get's screwed over every time. I realize it's usually 50/50, but American's won't put up with the fact that call/no calls on penalties is largely due to the referees discretion. "We" want to watch sports that are ruled black and white. (No pun intended with referee outfits.)

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Next up is Brazil. Should be very fun to watch that one on thursday.

RB!

Reaction score
Next up is Brazil. Should be very fun to watch that one on thursday.
Yes, indeed. Although that may be all she wrote as far as America is concerned in the Confederations Cup. Is it a 2:25ET start on Thursday as well?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That prick Rossi was born in New Jersey at he decides to play for Italy....... bs right there.... I would never play for colombia even though my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents are from colombia.
How exactly is he a prick? His parents are Italian immigrants, he spoke the language, was brought up with their customs. Other than being born here, what makes him more American than Italian?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
He grew up in New Jersey, he speaks English more fluently than Italian.

"For me, the U.S. is home," he said. "I was born there and I have my family there, but when I lived in Italy for five or six years I grew as a man and a player, so Italy is a big part of me, too."
If the U.S. was his home he would play for us. What makes him want to play for Italy more? Because he wants to win......

"The move was very, very tough for my family, my mom, my sister. I was only 12," Rossi said. "It was a big step for me to go to Italy, but I needed to in order to develop as a player. The soccer in Italy is the best in the world. I grew tremendously in those five years."
If Italy is soooo great why doesnt he just stay there? He wants the best of both worlds.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you know for a fact that he speaks English more fluently than Italian? I've heard interviews where he speaks both and he doesn't really seem to speak one incredibly better than the other. And he did stay there...he moved there when he was 13. He's played with the Italian youth national teams his entire life. He only got called in 2006 by Bruce Arena for an invitation to join the USA summer camp, no other time before then. I honestly don't see how they both can't be home and a big part of his life. They are to me. We had a similar discussion during the WBC, you're blurring the line between representing a country in a sport and representing a country in other aspects.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I just dont understand it, I guess I love USA too much to understand.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Egpyt beat Italy 1-0 so technically USA still has a shot at making it to the next round. After losing to Brazil 3-0, USA needs to play well this last match to leave with something positive.

RB!

Reaction score
Unbelievable and the United States is into the next round! What an epic turn of events leaving both the Italians and the Egyptians out of the semi-finals!

HTF

Reaction score
UN<Censored>ING BELIEVABLE!!!! USA ADVANCES!!!!!

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Italians layed a HUGE egg...but have only themselves to blame. Poor play added in with poor coaching proved to be their downfall.

I'm glad that it is the US and not Egypt advancing. Though Bob Bradley has to be a little more aware of his team now, after the win, if he hopes to continue on; which I hope they can.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I still cant get over USA making it to the semis. They were on the verge of being eliminated, and the odds were against them. All Italy had to do was beat or tie Egypt, and Egypt beat Italy 1-0, so that kept both of them alive. Than, US beats Egypt 3-0, and Italy lost 3-0. So, Italy & Egypt are out, and US is in the semis!!

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Italy played very poorly against Egypt and Brazil. Nothing but themselves to blame.

RB!

Reaction score
Italy played very poorly against Egypt and Brazil. Nothing but themselves to blame.
The same should be said to Egypt who very easily could have advanced today.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All Egypt or Italy needed was a goal in their respective games to advance

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Wow this was so unbelievable, this is the kind of momentum we need before going into World Cup. Much needed confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%