Report: Rubio to sign six year deal in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Spanish media is reporting that point guard Ricky Rubio is set to sign a 6-year deal with Regal Barcelona that will include a buyout clause that would potentially bring him to the NBA and the Timberwolves in 2011.
If this deal actually happens, Rubio’s move from DKV Joventut to Barcelona will be the most expensive buyout ($5.3 million) in European basketball history. No comment has been received from the Timberwolves, and Yahoo! Sports reports that this deal is not yet done. But any way you slice it, it looks like Rubio is not going to play in the NBA this season, making Jonny Flynn look like the opening night starter at point guard. Aug. 26 - 1:15 pm et
PER ROTOWORLD

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wow- Twolves probably kicking themselves now. if he sucks in Barcelona, ouch

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
ouch. this whole situations retarded.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rubio shouldn't even have come out this year... I guess looking at mock drafts was enough for him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I think he came out since his draft stock might never reach that level again, other then that he should have stayed until he could come over here right away.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ricky Rubio may not have officially signed with Regal Barcelona yet.

Rubio could still play in Spain rather than the NBA next season, but reports out of the country on Wednesday may have been overstated, according to league sources.

"Ricky Rubio hasn't signed anything. Joventut hasn't accepted anything. It's not over yet," the source told ESPN.com.

The Spanish newspaper Marca said Regal FC Barcelona had agreed to pay Rubio's former team, DKV Joventut, $5.28 million U.S., for the rights to Rubio, who the Timberwolves took with the fifth overall pick in June's NBA Draft.

"Based on the information I have attained today, no team in any league has reached a deal with DKV Joventut concerning Ricky's buyout, which must be accomplished before Ricky is released from his contract with DKV Joventut," Minnesota general manager David Kahn said in a statement released by the team on Wednesday afternoon.

Via ESPN

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i knew it

dont listen to these Spanish sites. they always lie about everything.
lol last year they had the Lakers signing Garbajosa(remember him?)
and there's just so much more examples.

i only believe it when it comes from somewhere legit like a Minny paper, or ESPN or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%