Fantasy Baseball League?

brett05

Reaction score
There is a board.  I proposed this when it was just us two.  Having to cary injured players on an active roster because of two DL slots causes people to stop making moves.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
There is a board.  I proposed this when it was just us two.  Having to cary injured players on an active roster because of two DL slots causes people to stop making moves.
I agree, I like it, but if I change the rules now people may not like it.

That being said, I think I will make this chance as the date approaches.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I've thought about it.  3 DL slots is plenty, I wouldn't want more than that.  Takes the strategy out of the game.  People would then have to make moves if there too many players injured.

Need one more for an even ten, then I'm probably closing the league, unless I can guarantee 12 teams total.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm actually at 8 teams.  Someone joined twice by mistake.  We can either add 2 or 4 teams or keep it as is.  I'd like to see 10 teams but it's getting closer to the season.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I've thought about it.  3 DL slots is plenty, I wouldn't want more than that.  Takes the strategy out of the game.  People would then have to make moves if there too many players injured.

Need one more for an even ten, then I'm probably closing the league, unless I can guarantee 12 teams total.
Capping DL slots is silly, they don't do that in the baseball.
Three is not enough.  You get an injured team the strategy is to quit the league since you have to drop a guy hurt for a month.

Put it to a vote.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Capping DL slots is silly, they don't do that in the baseball.
Three is not enough.  You get an injured team the strategy is to quit the league since you have to drop a guy hurt for a month.

Put it to a vote.
You don't think it's a strategy to drop guys on the DL?  I've seen it in leagues all the time, but I will put a vote to it in the forums.  I honestly don't care either way, just throwing my two cents.  

catman

Reaction score
I've been in leagues with 2 DL slots and 5 DL slots.  I've seldom used more than 3.  3 is plenty.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
I've been in leagues with 2 DL slots and 5 DL slots.  I've seldom used more than 3.  3 is plenty.
Exactly my point, please post this to the message board of the draft.

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
And i've been in leagues where two teams were decimated by injury and had to stop playing because there was not enough DL slots.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
And i've been in leagues where two teams were decimated by injury and had to stop playing because there was not enough DL slots.
Isn't that when you add or drop players? Injuries are a normal part of the game. They default two, I made it three.

catman

Reaction score
brett05 said:
I'm genuinely sorry that someone can't find players on the waiver-wire to fill spots on their roster.  Major leaguers are all pretty good and there are plenty of players out there.  I just lost Madison Bumgarner for however long he is out on one of my teams.  I'll put him on my DL (we have 2 spots in that league) and make it work from there.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
I'm genuinely sorry that someone can't find players on the waiver-wire to fill spots on their roster.  Major leaguers are all pretty good and there are plenty of players out there.  I just lost Madison Bumgarner for however long he is out on one of my teams.  I'll put him on my DL (we have 2 spots in that league) and make it work from there.
I can honestly see the need for three spots, but any more than that just spreads us thin.

catman

Reaction score
Just got home from work.  I like my team at least a little bit.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
Just got home from work.  I like my team at least a little bit.
LOL, I forgot my own draft time and missed it, but I like my team.  Will be active.

catman

Reaction score
This is really comic.  Missing your own team's draft is a classic.  

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
This is really comic.  Missing your own team's draft is a classic.  
Actually, I'm glad I did.  I would've chosen the wrong pieces.  I like starting off on a slate with players that are pre-drafted.  I'm better at making moves from there.

I got so busy with something yesterday that I just completely lost track of time.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I can honestly see the need for three spots, but any more than that just spreads us thin.
No it doesn't, but it is what it is.  I've done way too many leagues so I let the vote win which it seems to have settled on three.  The voters have spoken.  Even if they are wrong.  No more complaints from me on that front

Mudge

Reaction score
I'm getting no stats on Yahoo's site -- no idea how my players did yesterday (Thursday) vis a vis my opponent.

Anyone else having that problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%