Hall of Fame Inductees

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chipper Jones, Vladimir Guerrero, Jim Thome and Trevor Hoffman were elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame, it was announced Wednesday.

Jones and Thome were both elected in their first year of eligibility. This is the fourth time that the Baseball Writers' Association of America has elected four players in a year (1947, 1955, 2015).

NAME VOTES PCT.
Chipper Jones 410 97.2%
Vladimir Guerrero 392 92.9%
Jim Thome 379 89.8%
Trevor Hoffman 337 79.9%
Edgar Martinez 297 70.4%
Mike Mussina 268 63.5%
Roger Clemens 242 57.3%
Barry Bonds 238 56.4%
Curt Schilling 216 51.2%
Omar Vizquel 156 37.0%
Larry Walker 144 34.1%
Fred McGriff 98 23.2%
Manny Ramirez 93 22.0%
Jeff Kent 61 14.5%
Gary Sheffield 47 11.1%
Billy Wagner 47 11.1%
Scott Rolen 43 10.2%
Sammy Sosa 33 7.8%
Andruw Jones 31 7.3%
Jamie Moyer 10 2.4%
Johann Santana 10 2.4%
Johnny Damon 8 1.9%
Hideki Matsui 4 0.9%
Chris Carpenter 2 0.5%
Kerry Wood 2 0.5%
Livan Hernandez 1 0.2%
Carlos Lee 1 0.2%
Orlando Hudson 0 0
Aubrey Huff 0 0
Jason Isringhausen 0 0
Brad Lidge 0 0
Kevin Millwood 0 0
Carlos Zambrano 0 0

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Congrats to those 4. Always loved Chipper growing up.

Does anybody know what Bonds and Clemens got last year? I already know I'm going to lose my shit when they don't make it but David Ortiz does.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
vlad always got me going. chipper was great to watch too.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Does anybody know what Bonds and Clemens got last year? I already know I'm going to lose my shit when they don't make it but David Ortiz does.
Both got about the same percentage as last year. Not looking good. Many expected there to be a bigger push.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
You're an idiot if you choose Trevorr Hoffman over Curt Schilling.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

Sosa at 7.8% is a disgrace

brett05

Reaction score
I am for Rolen too.  You look at his numbers and he's right there in the discussion of the best 3b of all time

CoachAF

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
This.

What the fuck did Scott Rolen do other than play longer?

Good joke. I almost responded, but realized it must be sarcasm.

brett05 said:
Johan being one and done is wrong

I agree, but I dont think it matters much. He is in the Hall of he Very Good in the end. 

PWNdroia said:
You're an idiot if you choose Trevorr Hoffman over Curt Schilling.

Curt Schilling is paying for being an A-hole. I'm fine with it. People can whine about all the bad people in the Hall all they want, but that's in the past. Right now, voters have their voice, and they are being heard. He will be a VC pick if nothing else. He's just gonna have to wait.

AE. said:
Both got about the same percentage as last year. Not looking good. Many expected there to be a bigger push.

I dont think they get in. Again, they are definitely being punished by the voters. It will be interesting to see what the VC does with them. They belong. I would vote for them, but I'm just a school teacher. What do I know?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
brett05 said:
I am for Rolen too.  You look at his numbers and he's right there in the discussion of the best 3b of all time
Fucking stop it

CoachAF

Reaction score
To me, the most interesting thing in this vote is Hoffman getting 80%. So is this indicative of how voters will be treating RP's in the future, or is it just a tip of the cpa for the # of saves he got? He's only the second RP, after Sutter, to make it in. Mo's coming up, and will likely be a first ballot guy. But where does that leave Billy Wagner? Billy has an easy case that he was a better pitcher than both Hoffman and Sutter, and it's not really even close. Look at their numbers side by side, and Wagner was the most dominant of he three (not including Mo here - he's the best ever). 

So then why is Wagner only at 11%? He only pitched in 100 less innings than Hoffman (still with more K's by the way). He had more saves than Sutter. I just don't get it. I do believe that he won't get in, but I just don't get why. The logic of Sutter in and Wagner out makes no sense to me 

brett05

Reaction score
Coach said:

I agree, but I dont think it matters much. He is in the Hall of he Very Good in the end. 
Johan compares very favorably with Koufax

CoachAF

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Johan compares very favorably with Koufax

If you look at the overall career numbers, yes. But once Koufax became Koufax, there might not be another pitcher in the history of the game as dominant. Koufax was voted in based on that. I do agree that Johan should have gotten a lot more love than he did. I'm just not convinced it's enough. Once you let him in, the bar gets lowered IMO

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nobodys gonna talk how jim thome got 90% in his first ballot??

brett05

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
nobodys gonna talk how jim thome got 90% in his first ballot??
Class act, great to all facets of the game and a tremendous player.  You think he deserved more?

brett05

Reaction score
Coach said:

If you look at the overall career numbers, yes. But once Koufax became Koufax, there might not be another pitcher in the history of the game as dominant. Koufax was voted in based on that. I do agree that Johan should have gotten a lot more love than he did. I'm just not convinced it's enough. Once you let him in, the bar gets lowered IMO
Johan thru arguably a hard era had a similar run is all I am saying.  Is he Koufax?  Debatable.  Certainly should get more consideration than he did with the writers.

brett05

Reaction score
Coach said:
To me, the most interesting thing in this vote is Hoffman getting 80%. So is this indicative of how voters will be treating RP's in the future, or is it just a tip of the cpa for the # of saves he got? He's only the second RP, after Sutter, to make it in. Mo's coming up, and will likely be a first ballot guy. But where does that leave Billy Wagner? Billy has an easy case that he was a better pitcher than both Hoffman and Sutter, and it's not really even close. Look at their numbers side by side, and Wagner was the most dominant of he three (not including Mo here - he's the best ever). 

So then why is Wagner only at 11%? He only pitched in 100 less innings than Hoffman (still with more K's by the way). He had more saves than Sutter. I just don't get it. I do believe that he won't get in, but I just don't get why. The logic of Sutter in and Wagner out makes no sense to me 
you are way off on number of relievers in the Hall.  Hoffman is #6

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
brett05 said:
you're entitled to be ignorant.  I'll fight for you
Let's compare him to a guy most people consider one of the best (if not the best) third basemen of all time, Mike Schmidt.

.281 BA, .855 OPS, 316 HR, 1287 RBI, 0 MVP, 8 GG, 1 SS, 70.0 WAR*
.267 BA, .908 OPS, 548 HR, 1595 RBI, 3 MVP, 12 GG, 6 SS, 106.5 WAR*

* from baseball-ref so sketchy. But still, there's no comparison there. He's not on that level, not even close. He might be a top 10 third basemen of all time, but he's not in the discussion for #1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%