We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't think any of the QBs are special. Feels like 2014 a bit

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barkley doesn't have the vision of any of the other top RB prospects from the last few years and that worries me. He's gonna be outstanding in the passing game, but idk if he'll ever be a bell cow type back.

For the QB's, I think Rosen, Lamar, and Mayfield are worth drafting in the 1st. It's weird to me that Darnold is considered QB1 by default for a lot of these media guys. His turnovers are a real problem. I think if he starts from day 1 he probably throws 20+ interceptions his rookie year. I thought he could have used another year in school. I wouldn't even think about drafting Allen with any meaningful draft pick. His arm strength means jack shit when you have as many flaws as he has.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barkley ain't a generational talent. He's got the measurables of those big and fast generational runningbacks, but he's not a powerful runner. He'll probably be good but not close to worth being number one.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be dumb to take Barkley in the 1st, considering what teams are finding at RB in the much later rounds. I’m actually starting to think Barkley is the big Draft day plummet this year because of that fact. Alvin Kamara’s and Jordan Howard’s can be found in rounds 4 & 5.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
It would be dumb to take Barkley in the 1st, considering what teams are finding at RB in the much later rounds. I’m actually starting to think Barkley is the big Draft day plummet this year because of that fact. Alvin Kamara’s and Jordan Howard’s can be found in rounds 4 & 5.
wut

barkley might not go first overall. he's not falling out the top 5 picks, let alone the first freaking round lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
wut

barkley might not go first overall. he's not falling out the top 5 picks, let alone the first freaking round lol
I wouldn’t buy into the media hype. It’s not that Barkley isn’t a top 5 talent, it’s that teams have a lot of needs and guys like Kamara are being plucked in the later rounds.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
I wouldn’t buy into the media hype. It’s not that Barkley isn’t a top 5 talent, it’s that teams have a lot of needs and guys like Kamara are being plucked in the later rounds.
last year's draft was really deep in backs. it hardly means that every year a RB in the 3rd/4th is equivalent to a top back.

do you pass on zeke in '16 so you can get tyler ervin or paul perkins?
do you pass on gurley in '15 for matt jones or jeremy langford?

like you can find draft steals and value in every draft. but you're using a ton of recency bias -- like to you the Jags last year should have taken Corey Davis #4 and then taken Semaje Perine in the fourth round rather than taking Fournette and then Dede Westbrook. Just take the best guys available, and thats definitely Saquon

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kamara was criminally underutilized at Tennessee.  That dude probably goes top 25 last year if he got the 200+ touches he deserved in college.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
...but he was still a 3rd round pick.

Yes Kamara played like a first round pick last year. That doesn't mean that you take Akrum Wadley over Saquon Barkley

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you and I are on the same page.

I was just pointing out that a talent like Kamara being available in the third round isn't all that common.  His situation in particular is somewhat different in that him slipping in the draft was due to circumstances that were kind of out of his control.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Shaquem Griffin would be a first round pick if he had two hands

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
last year's draft was really deep in backs. it hardly means that every year a RB in the 3rd/4th is equivalent to a top back.

do you pass on zeke in '16 so you can get tyler ervin or paul perkins?
do you pass on gurley in '15 for matt jones or jeremy langford?

like you can find draft steals and value in every draft. but you're using a ton of recency bias -- like to you the Jags last year should have taken Corey Davis #4 and then taken Semaje Perine in the fourth round rather than taking Fournette and then Dede Westbrook. Just take the best guys available, and thats definitely Saquon

Except a majority of teams don't and won't approach the first 2 rounds with "take best player available". Hindsight is 20/20 and for every Fournette and Gurley, there's a Trent Richardson and Beanie Wells. I'll say again, Saquon is an elite football player but I don't think he's any kind of generational talent that a team like the Giants or Colts absolutely have to draft while ignoring other pressing needs.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Shaquem Griffin would be a first round pick if he had two hands
I don't think that's a hot take at all. Dude ran a 4.38 today.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh, Shaq is quick but his coverage skills aren’t great. He’s definitely built to play special teams in the NFL.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is it me, or is it weird to see players spitting on the turf in an indoor stadium?

It's kind of like spitting on the carpet.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Is it me, or is it weird to see players spitting on the turf in an indoor stadium?

It's kind of like spitting on the carpet.
basketball players spit on the court a lot too.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Him going to the Jets is going to be so funny. A match made in hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%