UFC and Amazon reach deal to stream PPVs

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
UFC and Amazon have reportedly reached an agreement to stream pay-per-views beginning with Saturday's UFC 222 card.

According to John Ourand of SportsBusiness Daily, the events will stream on Amazon Prime Video, although viewers do not have to be Prime members to access it.

UFC 222 can reportedly be watched on Amazon Prime Video at a price point of $64.99.

Ourand added that while the terms and value of the UFC's deal with Amazon isn't yet clear, it is a non-exclusive pact, which means the UFC's pay-per-views can still air on other platforms.

Further, Ourand reported the UFC is shopping its overall media rights, which Fox Sports currently own. In an effort to keep the rights, Fox Sports has reportedly made a $200 million offer.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So do I have access to this for free if I already have prime?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that would be dope

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I decided to do some independent research, and it does not appear to be the case

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is pretty shitty of a deal but im guessing they go the stream route for the current deal they are looking for and thats probably when amazon swings in and they get something hammered out.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aint as bad as when you try to go to the actual even and they try to tack on the UFC Access with it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like it as an Amazon Primer but the UFC just isn't half as compelling as it was in the first decade of the 2000s. I'm afraid overexposure and failure to develop and maintain a wider array of stars has diluted the fuck out of the product. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%