2016 Trade Rumors

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Leading off...

The Braves actively shopping Julio Teheran & are said to want an MLB-hitter of the same age and quality. The Red Sox are one of the teams said to be interested and JBJ compares to Teheran. I can't imagine DD wants to deal away JBJ considering the season he's having. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Braves are going to want a lot for Teheran. I have no interest in sending over a package that the Braves want. JBJ is off the table.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't care who the player we're getting back in return -- I don't want to see any trade that involves JBJ, Betts, or Xander. Unless I see the return being Harper or Trout, it's not worth it. 

And it still might not be worth it

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
If it's all three, probably not worth it. Look how shit the Angels are with all their holes. Now we're searching for a SS and RF.

Bogaerts has been just as good as Trout this season.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't imagine Boston parting with JBJ considering the hole they're looking to fill in LF. They've got plenty on the farm to unload. I think DD is willing to part with anyone but Moncada and Benintendi. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah Moncada and Andrew aren't going anywhere unless we are getting Jose Fernandez or something. Doubt we move Espinoza as well. We lack pitching depth in our pool after him and Kopech (becomes a different situation if we sign Groome).

Devers is most likely of our big 4 to be on the move. I'd rather it not be for Teheran though.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Blake Swihart has got to go.  Pretty good quaity player in the making, but he just has no future here.  It's time we trade him for some pitching.  Easily the best MLB ready trade piece we have.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE. said:
Leading off...

The Braves actively shopping Julio Teheran & are said to want an MLB-hitter of the same age and quality. The Red Sox are one of the teams said to be interested and JBJ compares to Teheran. I can't imagine DD wants to deal away JBJ considering the season he's having.
puiiiiiiiiiiiig lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Giants have engaged the Brewers on a potential Ryan Braun deal. Braun is mashing this season but still owed over $100M.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk what they can even give for him

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Lucroy to the Red Sox with a package centered around Moncada makes a lot of sense for both teams imo.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Lucroy is by far the best ava player on the trade market (at least from the offensive side of things)

He's signed this year and next year to a very team friendly contract. He's hitting .310 with 9 HR's this season and has been the best C in the MLB by far this year. He's been a beast at throwing out runners and is above average in terms of framing. 

You're gonna have to give up value to get him. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's also 30 years old and in one/two years wont even be able to play catcher. Then, statistically, he'll just be an average-to-above average 1B

That's not worth giving up the #7 prospect in baseball for.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Red Sox love Vazquez' defense and don't need Lucroy's bat. DD will look to strengthen the roto and possibly add a veteran LF. Then again, Chris Young has been pretty damn good in the full time role. 

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Yeah...no way we give up Yoan for Lucroy. Benintendi is way more likely, and still probably won't happen. We need a solid 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%