Mad Bum in the Home Run Derby?

catman

Reaction score
As silly as it sounds, he actually has the ability to do well in it.  He has 12 homers in less than 200 ABs in the past few years.
What does everyone think?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why not right

If he ever won itd be insane

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be entertaining
Just not sure the giants would let him

brett05

Reaction score
Same homers as Babe Ruth in just 30 more innings pitched if you only count Ruth as a pitcher.

Same number of homers in his last 190 PA as the last 190 PA of Trout and Harper.  Let that one sink in.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Might gain interest. Something unique was what really worked for the NHL all star game this past season

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Same homers as Babe Ruth in just 30 more innings pitched if you only count Ruth as a pitcher.

Same number of homers in his last 190 PA as the last 190 PA of Trout and Harper.  Let that one sink in.
I think it would be great if he did it. Adds something to the game.

But comparing him to Babe Ruth? His homeruns could be all but an anomaly. Like JJ Hardy from years ago.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

But comparing him to Babe Ruth? His homeruns could be all but an anomaly. Like JJ Hardy from years ago.
I'm not saying he is the next Babe.  Just saying that over quite a good bit period of time he is comparable to Babe doing the same thing...being a pitcher.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
I'm not saying he is the next Babe.  Just saying that over quite a good bit period of time he is comparable to Babe doing the same thing...being a pitcher.
Babe evolved into an everyday hitter.  Bumgarner will never be that.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
And no one is saying he will.  You really need to relax.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
And no one is saying he will.  You really need to relax.
Relax about what?  I'm just stating the obvious from a statement that was highly unnecessary.  Putting those two in the same sentence wasn't a logical idea.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't want my ace to be swinging in this, no matter what the entertainment is.

I dont want any Sox positional players in it either

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
You need to take a few days off the net or something.  No one is saying that.  Next thing you are going to say that grass isn't pink.  Yeah we know.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Relax about what?  I'm just stating the obvious from a statement that was highly unnecessary.  Putting those two in the same sentence wasn't a logical idea.
It's logical.  Your response should have been, I don't see the correlation, could you explain it to me so I could understand?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
You need to take a few days off the net or something.  No one is saying that.  Next thing you are going to say that grass isn't pink.  Yeah we know.
I was actually off the internet for more than three days when I posted this.  I do have a life you know.

Not my fault people don't agree.  There's nothing to understand. I don't see what the big deal is, I just don't see any correlation between the two at all.  It's like apples and oranges.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I was actually off the internet for more than three days when I posted this.  I do have a life you know.

Not my fault people don't agree.  There's nothing to understand. I don't see what the big deal is, I just don't see any correlation between the two at all.  It's like apples and oranges.
The correlation is that MadBum has the same amount of taters as Babe did when they were doing the same defensive position - pitching.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
The correlation is that MadBum has the same amount of taters as Babe did when they were doing the same defensive position - pitching.
Did you mean it as a joke or serious?  

A correlation occurs when two things happen symbolically of each other.  A mere coincidence such as this isn't the same as correlation.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Did you mean it as a joke or serious?  

A correlation occurs when two things happen symbolically of each other.  A mere coincidence such as this isn't the same as correlation.
You need to learn the definition of correlation.  In the words of Hannity, "Let me educate you..."

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=define+correlation

Yes, it meets the definition. 

But hey, rage on all you wish.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

I think its fair to compare, if you consider it seriously, he is one of the greatest two-way players since Ruth. I cant think of many great hitting pitchers except for Mike Hampton and Rick Ankiel. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%