2018 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Why are the Vikings so hellbent on featuring Dalvin Cook when he has a fumbling issue so far? Murray doesn't swing the game to 11-0 like that.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I had no idea Gus Edwards was in the league.  Happy for that guy.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
I had no idea Gus Edwards was in the league.  Happy for that guy.
Ive liked him since the preseason. Was really happy he made the team (or practice squad at first)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was always Gus the Bus at Miami, but I can't imagine the "Bus" nickname would stick in Baltimore.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chiefs getting stomped.

Shoutout my guy Josh Reynolds too.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I thought you couldn't challenge a penalty?
I didn't see the play in question, so I don't know what happened. You can't challenge a penalty straight up, but say a DPI is called. The defensive team can challenge that the pass was tipped at the LoS. That's just one example.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I didn't see the play in question, so I don't know what happened. You can't challenge a penalty straight up, but say a DPI is called. The defensive team can challenge that the pass was tipped at the LoS. That's just one example.
that was the play

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Mahomes leading candidate for MVP talk was pretty silly before, atleast you wont hear as much about that after tonight.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
that was the play
Nice. I've seen it before, but I missed this one because of a meeting.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
For the record, I fully support penalty challenges. I wish the league would allow it.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe, but saying Mahomes leading was "silly" is just ridiculous.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saying there was a leading candidate for MVP was silly.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Drew Brees is in the drivers seat
Dude stop being so biased

Brees is in the lead, but its hardly by some ridiculous amount. The Saints have a significantly better OL than the Chiefs do, and Aaron Donald had a DPOY/MVP game last night against that poor OL. If KC won last night, I'd vote for Mahomes for the MVP spot. He's not the reason they lost yesterday (only by 3 I must add, they scored 51pts), and he completed 72% of his throws for 478 yards and 6 touchdowns. 

You speak of Mahomes like he's a flash in the pan. Dude's a legitimate MVP candidate this year, and tbh he'd still get my vote today. But if your entire logic is that New Orleans beat the Rams bc they could block Donald better and were more disciplined in regards to penalties, so Brees deserves MVP over Mahomes, then you're just not someone to discuss the topic with.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The turnovers, or lack thereof, are what puts Brees ahead at the moment, but he's on a historic TD/INT pace.  IDK if that will last.

I also don't think that game last night hurt Mahomes MVP chances at all.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Dude stop being so biased

Brees is in the lead, but its hardly by some ridiculous amount. The Saints have a significantly better OL than the Chiefs do, and Aaron Donald had a DPOY/MVP game last night against that poor OL. If KC won last night, I'd vote for Mahomes for the MVP spot. He's not the reason they lost yesterday (only by 3 I must add, they scored 51pts), and he completed 72% of his throws for 478 yards and 6 touchdowns. 

You speak of Mahomes like he's a flash in the pan. Dude's a legitimate MVP candidate this year, and tbh he'd still get my vote today. But if your entire logic is that New Orleans beat the Rams bc they could block Donald better and were more disciplined in regards to penalties, so Brees deserves MVP over Mahomes, then you're just not someone to discuss the topic with.
Lol Im not being biased, youre just being over reactive.

You just typed all that out, but I havent said anything about Mahomes, I just said Brees is in the drivers seat now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%