~ ANNOUNCEMENT ~

Username

Reaction score
Ive been playing with these sim leagues for about 10 years now and Ive seen one creation draft make it through the draft its self, but it died because it took 1-2 weeks for everyone to make their picks and by then nobody was interested.

Just saying, might want to at least cut out the creation draft aspect if you want the best chance of it working out. 10 day sims are also super boring and tiny sample size to gauge your players value. People gonna have 3 game sims lmfao. If you do 10 day sims you should probably sim every day

RunSoHard

Reaction score
DJT said:

Broski. He said a new "new FBB league" is in creation, aka this. FBB's last update was 2013. So chill yourself.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Just look at it this way. 24 days for just the regular season, toss in another week at least for the off-season, that's a month per season. Say someone wants to do a three year tank, that's 3 months of IRL time. Who wants to go through that? I've been running leagues for close to a decade, I just don't want to see someone's efforts wasted because I've been there done that. Keep arguing that "this is how SI used to be." You can't run a league with 10 GMs.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Username said:
Ive been playing with these sim leagues for about 10 years now and Ive seen one creation draft make it through the draft its self, but it died because it took 1-2 weeks for everyone to make their picks and by then nobody was interested.

Just saying, might want to at least cut out the creation draft aspect if you want the best chance of it working out. 10 day sims are also super boring and tiny sample size to gauge your players value. People gonna have 3 game sims lmfao. If you do 10 day sims you should probably sim every day
Weve never not done a creation draft on SI and every single one has made it

Username

Reaction score
RSH said:
Just look at it this way. 24 days for just the regular season, toss in another week at least for the off-season, that's a month per season. Say someone wants to do a three year tank, that's 3 months of IRL time. Who wants to go through that? I've been running leagues for close to a decade, I just don't want to see someone's efforts wasted because I've been there done that. Keep arguing that "this is how SI used to be." You can't run a league with 10 GMs.
Yo even this guy gets it

Jk rsh you know we go way back

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Username said:
how long?
Our shortest league was a retro league that was abandoned because people lost interest in players theyd never heard about. I think that lasted 3-4 years. The creation draft is never the problem.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everyone who has done their own sim leagues and not the SI one, thats great. But Bosox and CC have ran successful ones here. Let them do them. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i believe we have had a creation draft last 12 seasons, but that was when the site was active all around the site

MIKEAIRS

Reaction score
I don't see the problem. After the lockout we ran for three seasons in a quite site.
I feel like it'll be fine so long as we stay active in discussion, like right now. What's 48hrs to those of us who work/school.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
All we're doing as people who have been running and doing sim leagues more recently is offer our suggestions and help. Yet, you all aren't taking it. So There's that. You have maybe 10 of your "old school SI" people and will need 19 other GMs, who won't like it and will lose interest. 

MIKEAIRS

Reaction score
Username said:
I thought it was happening cause this MIKEAIRS guy demanded a third league lmao

Also its a creation draft? Yeah this league doomed before it even starts
I didn't demand.lol and it's three leagues going. What a time to be alive.lol

P.S. Sim Life

MIKEAIRS

Reaction score
Oh also, if you're in one of the other leagues can you allow for coaching two teams? That'll cover vacancy and I wanna be able to ensure a spot in case the league sinks.

aTinyPanda

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Reaction score
MIKEAIRS said:
Oh also, if you're in one of the other leagues can you allow for coaching two teams? That'll cover vacancy and I wanna be able to ensure a spot in case the league sinks.

You mean like being in two leagues at once?  You can do that now, well over half of this waitlist is current BS and Nomad GMs. This is part of the reason I believe it will be tough to keep a full active roster w the slow sim. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
RSH said:
All we're doing as people who have been running and doing sim leagues more recently is offer our suggestions and help. Yet, you all aren't taking it. So There's that. You have maybe 10 of your "old school SI" people and will need 19 other GMs, who won't like it and will lose interest. 
But you also need to understand that we arent trying to run a sim that is the same as the others currently going. That would lose the interest of all the SI people

MIKEAIRS

Reaction score
PNDA said:

You mean like being in two leagues at once?  You can do that now, well over half of this waitlist is current BS and Nomad GMs. This is part of the reason I believe it will be tough to keep a full active roster w the slow sim. 
I see but wouldn't that help them (the other two leagues) stay at the forefront?

Also: you should talk 7 other GMs into joining the dark side.lol

aTinyPanda

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Reaction score
MIKEAIRS said:
I see but wouldn't that help them (the other two leagues) stay at the forefront?

Also: you should talk 7 other GMs into joining the dark side.lol

the other two leagues aren't worried about losing ground to this league or anything, hence why a few of the GMs signed up for it.  But I'm saying if you expect any more than 50% of them to stick around long term it's unlikely, speaking from experience of commishing for leagues these same dudes have signed up for and then dipped from.  It's just what tends to happen with people's 2nd and 3rd leagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%