@[member="Mexi"] @[member="snipezo"]

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mets fans trying to defend this title irks me a little

• Joc hit more than Alonso did in one less round
• Vlad Jr has a 30HR lead over second place for most in a single tournament

Pete only won due to arbitrary bracketing. He was 6/8 in the first round, and 3/4 in the 2nd round. 
If the rules were just Top 4 and then Top 2 advance, Alonso wouldnt have even made it out of the 1st

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Mets fans trying to defend this title irks me a little

Joc hit more than Alonso did in one less round
Vlad Jr has a 30HR lead over second place for most in a single tournament

Pete only won due to arbitrary bracketing. He was 6/8 in the first round, and 3/4 in the 2nd round. 
If the rules were just Top 4 and then Top 2 advance, Alonso wouldnt have even made it out of the 1st
The only point where you're off is that the bracketing isn't arbitrary, at least to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure they're sorted by home runs hit. Yelich was replaced by Chapman, and they didn't re-seed after that, but Vlad Jr. would've been the #8 seed regardless because of his home run total. It really doesn't matter that Pete Alonso won. People will remember this home run derby because of Vlad Jr. Who actually won it will be a random trivia point.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Let me re-specify:

the need* to have bracketing

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah, that's fair. I think we can all agree that the new format has been a breath of fresh air for an event that was surely dying. I don't love the head-to-head potentially screwing over the guy who hits the second most homers in a round, but I'd rather have it this way than not have it at all. I'd imagine the MLB will at least field questions about changing the format based on this result though.

If anything, we're lucky as viewers that Vlad Jr. didn't win, because so many players win it once and then don't do it again these days. Vlad Jr. has to come back now.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yankees/Twins last night was the game of the season. Holy shit.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Yankees are gonna need a lot to break right for them to even make it to the WS...Cashman not getting a starter by the deadline was wild but then you throw in Houston getting Greinke fuck

Already assuming Sevy isnt going to be available as a starter...if German cant be either and we have to go Happ game 3 with an opener kind of thing game 4 forget it.

This team has had such a special season when you consider all the injuries its like they think theyre playing with house money at this point..

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Don't look now but the Mets are on a roll and only 2.5 back in the wild card.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
For the first time this season I actually want to go to a game

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Pete has been a godsend for them, on and off the field. Him alone brings so much more excitement

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers lineup today:

1. Jacoby Jones - CF
2. Harold Castro - 2B
3. Brandon Dixon - DH
4. Niko Goodrum - SS
5. Dawel Lugo - 3B
6. John Hicks - 1B
7. Travis Demeritte - RF
8. Jake Rogers - C
9. Victor Reyes - LF

That should be illegal. Idk if they even get to 43 wins this year lmao

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Orioles not being the worst team in the league has been a pleasant surprise, so I thank you for that.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
The Tigers never recovered from that 2014 series smh

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pete has been a godsend for them, on and off the field. Him alone brings so much more excitement
He really has. It's a shame he's been slumping but I think he's gonna turn it around, and he seems to have lit a fire for the whole team.

I do think it's weird he's not really being talked about much considering the kind of year he is having.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
He really has. It's a shame he's been slumping but I think he's gonna turn it around, and he seems to have lit a fire for the whole team.

I do think it's weird he's not really being talked about much considering the kind of year he is having.
On a national scale you’re saying? Because I feel like in NY he still gets talked about plenty.

Probably just the nature of how the years gone until recently for the Mets, his struggles after the ASB, and the fact that the NL has a bunch of great stories like Yelich and Belly battling all year for MVP.

A lot of good rookies in the NL this year too, highlighted by Tatis of course who seems to get most of the national spotlight. Soroka is another one that doesn’t seem to get talked about a lot even though he’s had a crazy year on a good Atlanta team.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dbacks are all over the place. Up and down all year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%