Simmons or Ingram?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the class is shitty. It's not great but I think there a numerous guys at the top who should be really good players and some intriguing prospects and college veterans that are expected to go late.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
This draft is definitely weak. Marginally better than 2013, but worse than almost all the others in the past 10 years imo

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think this draft is MUCH better than that 2013 draft. Better at the top and better at the bottom. This draft lacks that guy that's a 100% star like a Davis or Towns but it's got good quality players that could be quasi-All Stars at the top.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Maybe its just me thats this low, but I really don't like many of the prospects

just my rankings of the 2013 + 2016 prospects (so not factoring the success of the players from 2013)

1a. Brandon Ingram
1b. Ben Simmons
3. Victor Oladipo
4. Nerlens Noel
5. Otto Porter 
6. Jamal Murray
7a. Buddy Hield
7b. Ben McLemore
9. Kris Dunn
10. Alex Len
11. Anthony Bennett
12. Dragan Bender
13. Jaylen Brown
14. Cody Zeller
15. Trey Burke

2016 is better, but not by much. 

D

Dannyboy77

bosoxlover12 said:
Maybe its just me thats this low, but I really don't like many of the prospects

just my rankings of the 2013 + 2016 prospects (so not factoring the success of the players from 2013)

1a. Brandon Ingram
1b. Ben Simmons
3. Victor Oladipo
4. Nerlens Noel
5. Otto Porter 
6. Jamal Murray
7a. Buddy Hield
7b. Ben McLemore
9. Kris Dunn
10. Alex Len
11. Anthony Bennett
12. Dragan Bender
13. Jaylen Brown
14. Cody Zeller
15. Trey Burke

2016 is better, but not by much. 
How is Bender below Bennett? The dude will be much better. And Bennett wasn't as highly touted as Bender currently is. Can say the same about Len. The rest looks decent tho.

D

Dannyboy77

nolafan33 said:
I think this draft is MUCH better than that 2013 draft. Better at the top and better at the bottom. This draft lacks that guy that's a 100% star like a Davis or Towns but it's got good quality players that could be quasi-All Stars at the top.
Agreed.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
How is Bender below Bennett? The dude will be much better. And Bennett wasn't as highly touted as Bender currently is. Can say the same about Len. The rest looks decent tho.
I dont think bender is good. 

he's getting by because he's young and because porzingis did well. there is nothing to say that bender will have any offensive game in the nba. he shows shooting promise, but that's just it -- promise. he's not strong at all, and he can't really add too much weight, because his game is suited as a wing, not a front court player. he's a really solid perimeter defender, as he stays with a low center of gravity to avoid getting broken on a dribble move, but he probably isn't quick enough to stay with NBA wings. and then he is definitely not strong enough to play low post defense yet.

he's a ridiculous project who is really not ready to play right now. sure, boston can stash him. they dont have to buyout his Euro contract yet (3 more years left on the deal). boston has one of the best developmental tracks with the Maine Red Claws and they use the DLeague more than any other team in the entire nba. but why are you drafting a player who won't contribute for 2-3 more years, with the THIRD overall pick? 

D

Dannyboy77

bosoxlover12 said:

he's getting by because he's young and because porzingis did well. there is nothing to say that bender will have any offensive game in the nba. he shows shooting promise, but that's just it -- promise. he's not strong at all, and he can't really add too much weight, because his game is suited as a wing, not a front court player. he's a really solid perimeter defender, as he stays with a low center of gravity to avoid getting broken on a dribble move, but he probably isn't quick enough to stay with NBA wings. and then he is definitely not strong enough to play low post defense yet.

he's a ridiculous project who is really not ready to play right now. sure, boston can stash him. they dont have to buyout his Euro contract yet (3 more years left on the deal). boston has one of the best developmental tracks with the Maine Red Claws and they use the DLeague more than any other team in the entire nba. but why are you drafting a player who won't contribute for 2-3 more years, with the THIRD overall pick? 
I see. I am very high on him. I dunno man. Hard to say. He isn't a huge project in my eyes. I like him more than Porzingis actually. But really it's hard to judge until he plays some games. I luh you. Btw please trade us the 3rd pick and avery bradley for jimmy butler. thanks.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
I see. I am very high on him. I dunno man. Hard to say. He isn't a huge project in my eyes. I like him more than Porzingis actually. 
how? people (esp me) were low on porzingis because it wasnt apparent whether hed be able to translate his scoring success in Europe to the pros -- and when he did it was evident he'd be a player in the league. how is he not a project player, and how can you like him more than porzingis? i'm one to love defensive wings a ton, but i dont just see bender reaching this ceiling that everyone points to.

Dannyboy77 said:
Btw please trade us the 3rd pick and avery bradley for jimmy butler. thanks.
lmfao. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Didn't you say this exact same stuff about Porzingis?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Didn't you say this exact same stuff about Porzingis?
different but yea

i questioned whether porzingis could translate his attacking skill in the league. i was wrong about that for sure. but i knew he could always shoot the ball well off P&P, and he'd be a solid low post player. I just didnt like how most of his offensive game that we saw was through driving and overpowering slighted-built euros. he proved me wrong.

but if porzingis didnt do well this past year, bender wouldn't even be getting hype like this. porzingis's offensive game was miles ahead of bender's. dragan is a definitely better defensive prospect, as both are similar rim protectors, with bender showing perimeter defensive skills. But i truly question bender's offensive output

Jaxon

Jaxon gonna jax
Reaction score
Ingram should go #1 so Simmons goes to laland baybeeh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%