2010 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikesfan

Reaction score
I do not understand the calls made at the end of the game. I have no biases towards either team, anyone can attest to that, but I think the Vikings got robbed hard. Granted, they screwed themselves over at the end of the game -- I was yelling "don't do this Brett" at the TV -- but three straight completely blown calls finished them off. What baffled me was that two of the calls were reviewed yet the officiating crew could still not get it right. I also believe that when the place of the ball was reviewed after 3rd that the ball actually should have been moved back a few more feet and the refs gave the Saints a generous spot. The play after that they got the first when it was clear that the ball was behind the marker. Forward progress should not have mattered because the ball was knocked loose for a split second. Next play, a pass interference where it was painfully obvious the receiver was untouched by the defender. The ref didn't even throw the flag until after the play which is even more confusing. And then theres the next review where the ref for some odd reason gave the Saints the catch. Hopefully we'll never see this crew ref another playoff game again because they f/cked up bigtime.
Thank you, I'm glad others noticed this as well. I'm sure other teams get screwed over by the refs constantly, but it seems like we always get the worst of it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm glad others noticed this as well. I'm sure other teams get screwed over by the refs constantly, but it seems like we always get the worst of it.
Football is played on the ground...so all this mid-air forward progress sh*t needs to stop.

Bad calls all game long towards both sides but the Vikings got the worst of 'em when it really, really mattered.

Mooche

Reaction score
Again, this is what I am sure any fan of a NFL team can say.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They were horrendous calls in OT, I was yelling at the TV and I didn't want one team to win more than the other...

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Even though you rave about Brett Favre all the time..
I guess if you consider raving about Brett Favre for the past few weeks... I figured it would be his last year and best chance of going out with a Superbowl... Didn't happen.. I like Brees just as much anyways. Like I said it was a win win situation either way but it sucked ending like it did...

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Football is played on the ground...so all this mid-air forward progress sh*t needs to stop.

Bad calls all game long towards both sides but the Vikings got the worst of 'em when it really, really mattered.
That's what I'm saying. I wouldn't be so disgusted if these calls weren't a direct influence on the outcome of the game. This is a prime example also of how the overtime rules should be changed at least for the playoffs.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. I wouldn't be so disgusted if these calls weren't a direct influence on the outcome of the game. This is a prime example also of how the overtime rules should be changed at least for the playoffs.
I'd definitely be in favor of that... I wish they would do it but I'm sure they won't...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The calls were horrible all game long and again, both sides were subject to those calls but it royally pisses me off that even in overtime, those referees didn't have a clue. I won't sit here and blame the calls for why the Vikings lost because as far as I am concerned...we gave the Saints the ball right back, way too many times.

It just sucks for Favre, I really felt bad for this guy. You can't blame him for the loss...nor can you blame his bad throws or interceptions. The guy played the entire game with his a-hole clinched, knowing that every time he dropped back...it was only a matter of seconds before another bodyslam from a 250+ defensive player. The guy was not protected, got his face beat in, and I give him all the credit in the world for continuing to get back up. This guy is a competitor and one of the most gutty performances I have ever seen. This guy looked like he just climbed out of the octagon after that game. I was so opposed to this guy as Viking in the beginning and strangely enough, in the end, I wanted that Super Bowl more for him than anything. What he did for the progress of Rice, Shiancoe, and Harvin alone...he deserved it. Part of me wishes he'd retire and we can plan for the future at the position...while part of me is hoping that we can get this point all over again in 2010 and hopefully leap that final hurdle.

I'd be very nervous if I were a Saints fan right now. The Saints have won so many games, not from takeaways but from here-you-go's. The Vikings couldn't of given the ball to the Saints any easier and if you think Peyton & Co. are gonna turn the ball over that easy...think again. The Saints put up 76-yards of offense in the entire 2nd half, couldn't convert on 3rd downs all game, and even with all the Vikings' turnovers...the game still goes into OT. Had it not been for that horrible interference call on Leber, I seriously doubt the Saints would of converted on that first OT drive...and the way the game was going for them, I would of probably been right about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%