• Mike Trout

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not that good dude. I'm not even going to look at any of his other offensive statistics but since he's a career 280 hitter, I'm just going to assume that his mind isn't 100 percent on baseball.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Amazing how good Harper is when he only cares about fighting and commercials and isn't actually committed to baseball. Stunning really
Is this sarcasm? Can't tell.

Harper likes to pick fights. Seems kind of immature to me. Trout I feel is not only better athletically, but also a more sophisticated player.

Bottom line is Trout is the better player.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is arguing who the better player is between him and Trout though. Like others have said, if trout were to hit free agency in 2018 with Harper, Manny, etc. There's no doubt he's get 400 mil because he's the best player in baseball.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:
I don't think anyone is arguing who the better player is between him and Trout though. Like others have said, if trout were to hit free agency in 2018 with Harper, Manny, etc. There's no doubt he's get 400 mil because he's the best player in baseball.
yes. id give it to him first. hes only gonna make you money from his game, though. that is a BIG difference

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Trout will be what, 28, 29 when he hits FA? He may not get as much total, but take whatever per year value Harper or Machado gets and Trout should beat it. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
The difference is Harper will seemingly only be entering his prime when he hits FA when Trout will already be 3-5 years into it

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
The difference is Harper will seemingly only be entering his prime when he hits FA when Trout will already be 3-5 years into it
Funny how you say Harper is entering his prime and Trout is three years out of his prime when Trout is only one year older than Harper.  Excellent math skills there.

Honestly, people are trying to find reasons to say Harper is better than Trout, and so far every one that's been said has been a failure.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, I'm just sick of this Bryce Harper bias.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Exactly. And trout has been much more consistent. If he's healthy and playing st this level in 3 years he's getting more per year. I doubt he'll get 10 years unless it turns in to a bidding war and someone just says fuck it and overpays.

Look, they're both going to get f u money. I'm more curious who gets more per year.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Exactly. And trout has been much more consistent. If he's healthy and playing st this level in 3 years he's getting more per year. I doubt he'll get 10 years unless it turns in to a bidding war and someone just says fuck it and overpays.

Look, they're both going to get f u money. I'm more curious who gets more per year.
A lot depends on the team who signs the player, but in all circumstances, Trout deserves more.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Funny how you say Harper is entering his prime and Trout is three years out of his prime when Trout is only one year older than Harper.  Excellent math skills there.

Honestly, people are trying to find reasons to say Harper is better than Trout, and so far every one that's been said has been a failure.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, I'm just sick of this Bryce Harper bias.
You are way off base. Trout is obviously a better player, that is not what we are debating in here. Look at their current contracts. Trout hits FA in 2021, when he will be 29. Harper hits FA in 2019 when he will be 26. That's a massive difference. You are paying 3 additional years for a top 3 player in the game. That's worth $100 million alone.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
As a result of the massive Harper deal, Trout will get a higher AAV in 2021 but the overall size of the contract will be smaller.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
You are way off base. Trout is obviously a better player, that is not what we are debating in here. Look at their current contracts. Trout hits FA in 2021, when he will be 29. Harper hits FA in 2019 when he will be 26. That's a massive difference. You are paying 3 additional years for a top 3 player in the game. That's worth $100 million alone.
If you look at it that way, you have a point.  And I apologize for my different understanding and vantage point.

I'm just looking at the player, their age, and overall value.  For example, if they were both free agents next year, how would you determine their value?  That's how I understood and interpreted the topic, otherwise the whole topic is flawed because the players aren't all available on the same FA year.  

That being said, the topic is flawed to begin with because I don't see anyone getting $400 million.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It'll happen. Someone will take 4 years of a declining player for 6 years of making a run at the world series.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
If you look at it that way, you have a point.  And I apologize for my different understanding and vantage point.

I'm just looking at the player, their age, and overall value.  For example, if they were both free agents next year, how would you determine their value?  That's how I understood and interpreted the topic, otherwise the whole topic is flawed because the players aren't all available on the same FA year.  

That being said, the topic is flawed to begin with because I don't see anyone getting $400 million.
It could happen in 2 years with Harper. If Stanton can get $325 million, Harper has a shot. Especially when you look at a team like the Yankees that will have all the money in the world to spend.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
It could happen in 2 years with Harper. If Stanton can get $325 million, Harper has a shot. Especially when you look at a team like the Yankees that will have all the money in the world to spend.
Personally, I think it's stupid. Player will decline by the second or third year of the contract.

I still don't see it happening until it does.

brett05

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Amazing how good Harper is when he only cares about fighting and commercials and isn't actually committed to baseball. Stunning really
Amazing that no one said that, but scarecrow, you keep working at it.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I still don't see Harper getting $400 million, or anyone else for that matter.  If he did, it would be the biggest joke in sports history.  Watch him get injured one year in and see how that investment was.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
What do you mean? I'm lost here.
teams put insurance on high dollar players so they can get some money back should they get hurt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%