• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

Vottomatic

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

Jay Bruce gets a sweet, 3-year deal worth $39 million. Jay got off to a slow start after his trade to the Mets in 2016, but he raked in NY before being flipped to Cleveland in 2017.

#2 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,013 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Idk how I feel about this.

We don't need another corner of, we need a CF. I don't like Conforto in CF but I guess I'll have to live with it.

We really need upgrades at catcher, 2b and 3b and they got a corner outfielder instead.

On the other hand, I like Bruce. So I don't necessarily hate the move. And when Yoenis inevitably gets hurt and is out for 4-6 weeks well at least have two good corner outfielders and probably Lagares in Center.

P.S. I wonder if anyone else was offering him more than 2 years.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,013 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

And while his price is low and Free Agency is kinda moving slow, they should go after Lucroy. Can probably get him on 3 years, I would think.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   catman

catman

• 699 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

This move really doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either.  The Mets do need offense, but (as was previously said) the Mets need a CF much more than a corner OF.  He could have done a bit better signing with a few other teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)

snipezo, The Guid, AE., Big Bid'Ness, Teagz, catman, brett05, elcheato, Mexi

Social Media

Site Info