NHL 2014/15 Game Day Thread

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be mean here so don't take it the wrong way, but I'm doubting that you have watched a Wings game this season. They haven't been nationally televised yet, and maybe you have the league package, but even so, I'm doubting you've dedicated 3 hours of you life in the past couple weeks to watch early October Detroit hockey.

Alls I'm saying is watch the Wings when you can. Watch Nyquist with the puck.

What you're applying right now is NHL 2K15 logic. A list of guys who are 90+ overalls and have a track record of being something in the NHL. We're fresh into a new season and I'm a fan of "what have you done for me lately" and Nyquist has done quite a bit.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Firstly, My roommate is a Red Wings fan, so yes I have. Plus they are division rivals so I stay up to date on all that shit.

Secondly, NHL 2k15 isn't a game. Plus I hate on NHL video games and their poor ranking systems. In no way is Bozak an 87 in NHL 15. (I don't even own the game either)

All the players I have mentioned have track records plus are are point per game players this year too. 3 games is far too small of a sample size too call someone a top ten talent, when they broke into the league just last year and didn't even play a full season.. Look at Victor Hedman so far this season, 7 points in four games. Can we call him a better offensive defenseman than Karlsson or Subban? Hell no.

And to use your argument against you, I doubt you've watched much outside of the Red Wings.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I haven't. I'm not an NHL connoisseur and don't know many players on other rosters although I hope to be more enlightened after this season. What I do know is who every player on that list you made is because that seems like a popularity contest list. What I also know is that in the 3 Wings games so far this season, I've watched Nyquist do shit with the puck that is on par with shit I watched Datsyuk do with the puck. If there's 20 or 30 or whatever more players who are better offensively than Nyquist, I can't wait to watch them. I'm sure we'll revisit this in several weeks but I feel certain Nyquist is going to become an established superstar as we progress through this season.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKTupGayV4w&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20JSON%20Parse%20error%3A%20Unexpected%20EOF%20(url%3A%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvKTupGayV4w)

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In the interest of fairness, outside of the games they play against Boston, I don't watch a ton of Wings games, but Nyquist isn't even the best offensive player on his team, let alone a top 10 guy in the league.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who would you say is better than him?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On your team or in the league?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nyqvist is nearly there but I'd still say Zetterberg is tops until Nyqvist goes a full season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk. Hank doesn't seem nearly as quick or sharp as he used to be. That's what I've gathered while watching him play this far this year.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right, Zetterberg and Datsyuk aren't as great as they used to be. I'm not saying that by the end of the season, even mid-way through, that Nyqvist will have proven he is the top guy on the team (though don't sleep on Tatar). I'm just saying let's give him a full season, with consistent production, before we anoint him anything other than a good player.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah but what he did last year was quite impressive itself. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another goal from Nyquist on Zetterberg's 3rd assist tonight. 

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Good to see Zetterberg have a great game. He didn't play well at all against Boston the other night.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
God Vrbata is freaking awesome.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
Good to see Zetterberg have a great game. He didn't play well at all against Boston the other night.
Yeah I think I heard them saying that he said it was his worst game of his career lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%