2017 NFL Draft Thread

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
He has potential, but more than likely a team is going to try to throw him into the starting role way too early and he's gonna piss his pants. Has a Geno Smith type feel to him.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You could have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have a feel for the pocket after 32 games, I'm not sure you'll ever really get it.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He really is Gabbert-esque in the pocket.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jabrill Peppers has got to be one of the most overrated prospects in a long time. He's gonna get drafted to be a hybrid linebacker but I think he's best suited to play offense in the NFL.

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
I think he's going to be one of the best safeties in the NFL in a couple years

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just have a hard time seeing him fitting in on an NFL defense. He obviously has elite speed for a LB but I don't see him being able to take on Offensive Linemen and get into run fits, and his coverage ability leaves a lot to be desired, both at LB and in the slot. You could put him at FS and let him attack downhill, which he's obviously good at, but I have questions about his ability to stay disciplined and not let people get behind him. I think it also says a lot that the coaches at UM rarely drop him into coverage.

If you have a guy who's that good with the ball in his hands, wouldn't you want to get him the ball as much as possible? I'd like to see him play more on offense and see if he's got the skills to play RB or WR full time.

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
I think Peppers IS ready for the NFL. He has great speed for a linebacker but I don't think he will play linebacker in the NFL. He has great reflexes/reaction which is good for a safety which is another position he could play. If you actually watched Peppers play or train, he is already making NFL type plays.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's definitely going to play LB in the NFL, but its going to be like Shaq Thompson, Su'a Cravens, and Deone Buchanon in the hybrid role

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I stand by what I said a couple posts up. If he ends up on defense his best spot is safety. Not every DB who can hit and is spotty in coverage is a Linebacker.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is going to be mediocre as hell

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ahmmon Richards will be a first round pick when he comes out.

He's only a freshman tho, so we've got a while.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
This thread is super fun to look back on now lol. Well with the end of the season upon us it should be getting a lot more attention.

A few things:

- Browns are 'enamored' with both Garrett and Trubisky. In a perfect world, they're able to land both. Obviously the only shot at this is if they take Garrett #1 and take Trubisky with the Eagles pick which is currently slotted at 9. Do they just say fuck it and take Trubisky #1? Do they try to snag him at #9? If the Browns pass on Mitch with the first pick, will Trubisky even make it to 9? Will the Browns go a completely different direction and take Allen from Alabama? A lot of differing opinions out there. Personally I would take Garrett #1 and add to a very young defense. Shelton, Nassib, Ogbah, Garrett, Kirksey, Taylor, Kindred, and Boddy-Calhoun are all very young and have made some nice plays this year on the defensive side of the ball. I'm actually very optimistic on that side moving forward, especially with the acquisition of Jamie Collins, assuming they can resign him.

- Why is Peppers being placed into either a hybrid linebacker role or FS? He isn't a very good pass defender and too small to play linebacker... I see him as more of a SS. Able to stop the run and fill in the gaps while still making plays with his athletic ability. I think this fits him extremely well. Similar to a TJ Ward type of player that is primarily responsible for stopping the run and being a big hitter but can still make athletic plays in the secondary. That being said, I still think that he is pretty overrated from how he is ranked by "experts". 

- Who are some of the big names that you're looking forward to with the combine/draft process? Obviously a lot changes by the time we get to the combine and the draft itself, but I'm curious who some of the guys are that "nobody is talking about" that will be shooting up draft boards into the 1st round.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's considered a sleeper anymore, but Cooper Kupp doesn't get nearly enough coverage.  He's gonna be a legit player at the next level.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Donnel Pumphrey is my favorite RB in this class. He's not gonna go high or be a featured back but he is fucking electric.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Titans are gonna have 2 first rounders this year, a top 5-7 as of now thanks to the Rams. Ideally I'd love Peppers just to develop him as a NFL player in general. He'll find his position in the NFL if it's a LB like Bucanaon in Arizona or at safety. Otherwise, I'm going with a CB with the early pick and possibly looking at Mike Williams in the later rounds.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I haven't done tons of scouting, but I'd be very surprised if Peppers went that early. Its like when Shaq Thompson was a Top 5 pick at this time 2 years ago too... and he went late 1st. I'd expect the same for Jabrill. He's a very good athlete but hes not dominant enough at LB or S to be a Top 10

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is no way he falls late 1st with the hype that is consistently surrounding him. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%