* Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek

Spike TV Card

* Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham
* Welterweight bout: Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I will be making the trip to Newark on Saturday...FINALLY attending an event in person. Thanks to my wife for the sweet $600 ticket to this. Look for me on the tele peoples.

Winners:
GSP
Frank Mir
Ben Saunders
Thiago Alves
Jim Miller
Nate Diaz
Matt Brown

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lucky dawg - though I did attend a couple amateur fights here in Houston, I have never experienced a true UFC event..

mafiamike

Reaction score
I will be making the trip to Newark on Saturday...FINALLY attending an event in person. Thanks to my wife for the sweet $600 ticket to this. Look for me on the tele peoples.

Winners:
GSP
Frank Mir
Ben Saunders
Thiago Alves
Jim Miller
Nate Diaz
Matt Brown
Wow thats awesome! That should be a blast it is a great card, upload some pics for us if u r gonna take some.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea I think this card has a lot of potential, cant wait to watch this one.

Leggster

Reaction score
As much as i want to see Dan Hardy beat GSP i just can't see it happening unfortunately.

And nice one AE should be a great event, have fun and tell us all about it :)

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
As much as I like GSP to win, I think GSP will win.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GSP will shut Dan Hardy's big mouth when he gets his ass kicked on saturday.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wow, have fun AE.
I'll probably be at the bar watching and getting tanked :p

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea Im prolly just gonna watch this online, the last one I saw had sick quality. Hopefully I will get the same again.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NEWARK, N.J. – Thiago Alves, one of the top welterweights in mixed martial arts, failed three medical tests ordered by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board and was forced to pull out of his highly anticipated fight set for Saturday at the Prudential Center against Jon Fitch on the pay-per-view portion of UFC 111.

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White confirmed the news Thursday.

Alves said he did two MRIs and one CAT scan at home in Florida. He said doctors said they saw something they initially thought was a bleed on the brain, but later thought it was something with which he was born.

Alves said the New Jersey commission “is particular” and was not comfortable clearing him to fight.

“I was really upset and I’m not even concerned about my health,” Alves said. “I know I’m fine. I’m just sad I can’t fight.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=ArFvj7gSRjFLM0wffCiIIp89Eo14?slug=ki-alvesout032510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously bummed out about Alves being taken off this card however it worked out that Ben Saunders was stuck without an opponent at last minute as well. Rather than not see either on the card, Ben Saunders vs. Jon Fitch is a very intriguing match-up.

Now that SI has upgraded to ipb 3.0, I will be able to blog about this event while watching it live. I'll keep everyone up to date via my blackberry.

Mooche

Reaction score
Dan Hardy needs to be shut up. That's all I will say. GSP will do just that tonight, and we'll truly see what kind of ground game Hardy possesses.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This is going to be my first time seeing GSP live, I hope its worth the wait. The guy seems like a very cool guy.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So I finally arrive, spend my 40 to park, get frisked at the door, grab 2 beers and find my seat. It was a biotch to get here, I nailed the biggest pothole ever while traveling on I-9 and my wheel was obliterated. Just my luck, I let somebody borrow my lugnut wrench the other day...AAA took an hour to get to me.

Came in to see Palhares win his bout via heel lock in a matter of seconds.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So I finally arrive, spend my 40 to park, get frisked at the door, grab 2 beers and find my seat. It was a biotch to get here, I nailed the biggest pothole ever while traveling on I-9 and my wheel was obliterated. Just my luck, I let somebody borrow my lugnut wrench the other day...AAA took an hour to get to me.

Came in to see Palhares win his bout via heel lock in a matter of seconds.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So the cameras for Spike prelims are rolling. Damn, Prudential has a damn good burger. Too much dead space between fights.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So the cameras for Spike prelims are rolling. Damn, Prudential has a damn good burger. Too much dead space between fights.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was awesome to see rthe diaz bros in person. Chuck liddell just appeared with some broad...got a huge ovation. Main card time.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar walked in with Paul Heyman , of all people, and he gets a mixed reaction. I got to shake Frank Edgar's hand, pretty sweet. This Miller-Bochek fight sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%