2017 NFL Offseason Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/839941412787478530

This is incredible. 

So proud of my team right now.
lot to be proud of, but your #2 team might take the best WR in the NFL from your #1 team

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd like to believe that the Redskins fired their GM while he was meeting with Pryor, cause that'd be funny 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They fired their GM because Bruce Allen is an egotistical piece of shit that couldn't stand the fact that Mccloughan was getting the praise for helping build the Redskins into a relevant franchise over himself.

Scotty Mac was the best thing that has happened to the Redskins since shithead Snyder bought the team.  They finally had a real football mind controlling the personnel decisions, and it was clearly working... now he's gone and they're left with the same cesspool of nepotism that plagued them throughout the Vinny Cerrato years.

I think it's safe for me to say that I'm finally done being a Redskins fan.  I know I say stupid shit like this all the time, but I just can't blindly support this incompetence anymore.  I know I'll likely never be able to cheer for any team with the same genuine passion that I used to do with the Redskins, so I'll likely just not follow football much at all anymore.  

I'm kinda drunk right now, so I doubt I accurately conveyed my thoughts as well as I'd like to, but fuck it.  Fuck the Redskins.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
They fired their GM because Bruce Allen is an egotistical piece of shit that couldn't stand the fact that Mccloughan was getting the praise for helping build the Redskins into a relevant franchise over himself.

Scotty Mac was the best thing that has happened to the Redskins since shithead Snyder bought the team.  They finally had a real football mind controlling the personnel decisions, and it was clearly working... now he's gone and they're left with the same cesspool of nepotism that plagued them throughout the Vinny Cerrato years.

I think it's safe for me to say that I'm finally done being a Redskins fan.  I know I say stupid shit like this all the time, but I just can't blindly support this incompetence anymore.  I know I'll likely never be able to cheer for any team with the same genuine passion that I used to do with the Redskins, so I'll likely just not follow football much anymore.  

I'm kinda drunk right now, so I doubt I accurately conveyed my thoughts as well as I'd like to, but fuck it.  Fuck the Redskins.
prior to svg coming to detroit, i was the same way. i had hope with svg but now my fandom for the pistons is nowhere near the level it used to be. i dont even follow the nba as tight as i used to because of this shit team. so i know your feeling.

KGR

Reaction score
The irony of him being fired after Cousins wanting out haha

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840303100137209856

#KONY2017

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Moved down from #64 to #72 and got a great pass rusher in return

what is carolina doing? smh

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Geno Smith visiting the Giants today.

No.....no...... Get him away!!!!!

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather have Geno for the little amount of money that he's gonna get, than paying Mike Glennon 15 Mil a year.

D

Dannyboy77

My Bears struck out on gilmore and bouye but have recovered nicely since. More good signings today. I like it.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But also signed Mike Glennon to a horrible deal. Easily the worst deal of free agency

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think it was a horrible deal at all.  $15 mil for a starting QB is pretty cheap.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a young guy with some upside.

He was actually pretty solid during his rookie year, he was just never given a shot once Lovie took over because he wasn't his guy.

It's a low risk, high reward signing for a team with a young roster and a significant amount of cap space.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It's still a lot of money. It makes sense for them because of their low salary. And I agree he has some upside but how much? I hope it works out for him because I've heard good things and it sucks he got stuck behind Winston. 

We see this all the time. Unproven QB gets a big salary and it blows up in the team's face. 

EDIT: I shouldn't say it always "blows up in the team's face". Sometimes it's not that much money - like Matt Flynn's contract. But it still ends up being a lot of $$ for a backup. Osweiller, Kolb and Flynn are a few examples off the top of my head but I'm sure there are a few others in recent years. It's quite a bit of money for someone unproven. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Yeah, but unlike Osweiler, Kolb, and Flynn, Glennon actually has things you look for in a starting QB

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Yeah, but unlike Osweiler, Kolb, and Flynn, Glennon actually has things you look for in a starting QB
That is such an asinine statement

PLEASE enlighten me the qualities and traits that Glennon shows, that were not present in DEN Osweiler, PHI Kolb, or GB Flynn

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Although as I look at his contract, unless Spotrac is wrong it's a fantastic contract

He only accounts for $4.5M in dead cap if cut after 1 year, and $1M in dead cap if cut after 2 years. It's very frontloaded in terms of cap charge

If he's good for Chicago, he'll have a cap hit ~18th among QBs, which is good for a starter. And if he's not starting, they save $11.5M by cutting him

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess it's not horrible looking at it that way but off face value it looks horrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%