• Tebow

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Not saying I agree with it, that's just the way it is.

Peyton has won a SB, Peterson has been to a NFCCG. They have both played on very good teams. Like I said, I don't agree with it, but they get the "benefit of the doubt" I guess.

Then you have MJD, who is a hell of a back, but what has his teams really ever done? He's been on one winning team and Fred Taylor had more rushes and rushing yards than MJD that year.
So now we're saying that its MJD's fault that one of the best RB's of all time started above him? MJD has always been plagued by bad QB play or horrible coaching.. Not his fault.. MJD is a top 2 back in the NFL and record, or winning teams, etc dont have nothing to do with it.. Hes one of the best at what he does..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So now we're saying that its MJD's fault that one of the best RB's of all time started above him? MJD has always been plagued by bad QB play or horrible coaching.. Not his fault.. MJD is a top 2 back in the NFL and record, or winning teams, etc dont have nothing to do with it.. Hes one of the best at what he does..
lol

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I went with Eli and AP. But if we are taking into account Peyton and his past success then I wouldve gone with Peyton at a higher rating.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You do know that MJD leads the NFL with rushing yards since like 2008 right?
I'd bet someone like Drew Brees leads the NFL in passing yards also, does that make him better than Rodgers and Brady? No it does not.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You do know that MJD leads the NFL with rushing yards since like 2008 right?

while I disagree that MJD is #1, because he doesnt have the most rushing yards in the league this year, kam brings up a good point.

MJD has been #1 in yards rushed in the league since 2009, but isn't #1 this season. Lesean McCoy leads the league in yards.

So if Lesean is better than MJD for production this year, and people think Shady McCoy is a better RB than MJD, then how can anyone put Peterson? MJD since 2009 is better than Peterson, and McCoy too.

Peterson should not be #1. Period. He isn't better than Maurice, at all. Both RBs face stacked front lines, so that is irrelevant. MJD has more yards than Peterson since he became a full time RB.

People put AP28 because of his 2008 season, putting up over 1700 yards. He has yet to eclipse 1400 since. And CJ28 had over 2K yards a year later. Why is nobody talking about him? Because he's inconsistent. And as I've said, the most consistent RB has been Maurice Jones-Drew.

I voted McCoy, but thats because I'm voting on this season, not years past. I voted Ben as well, and wont vote for Peyton at all. But if Peyton wins this, I see no logic to how Peterson should too.

(note, I write whats on my mind, so the flow of this probably isnt well constructed.)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't get why you keep thinking these polls are about JUST THIS SEASON. When people ask who the best are, they take into account the recent years. because 1 year of stats can be extremely flawed. I want people to look outside the box and not just look at this year.

Use past years in reference to this year. I mean, when AP had 1700 yards that year he averaged 4.8 yards per carry. Averaged 110 yards per game. This year he averages 4.7 yards per carry but only 87 yards per game. And the reason is simple: less touches. Is it his fault he gets less touches? It's the lack of talent around him.

08 he got almost almost 23 carries per game. This year he gets 18.6 Factor in 4.7 y/c and thats around 20 ypg he loses. Again, not his fault. His team sucks and they can't keep drives going, and they don't have leads, so they don't utilize him and his abilities to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. That hurts him as well.

10 games, 11 rushing TDs. Thats pretty damn good too if you ask me.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I don't get why you keep thinking these polls are about JUST THIS SEASON. When people ask who the best are, they take into account the recent years. because 1 year of stats can be extremely flawed. I want people to look outside the box and not just look at this year.

Use past years in reference to this year. I mean, when AP had 1700 yards that year he averaged 4.8 yards per carry. Averaged 110 yards per game. This year he averages 4.7 yards per carry but only 87 yards per game. And the reason is simple: less touches. Is it his fault he gets less touches? It's the lack of talent around him.

08 he got almost almost 23 carries per game. This year he gets 18.6 Factor in 4.7 y/c and thats around 20 ypg he loses. Again, not his fault. His team sucks and they can't keep drives going, and they don't have leads, so they don't utilize him and his abilities to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. That hurts him as well.

You kinda have to factor in this year.. NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.. if it wasn't based on this year and how they're doing currently.. LT would be ranked as the best RB in the NFL.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

If they were, then MJD should be winning this, and not Peterson

Your going against your own statement. geez.

MJD>Peterson.

Im with ya now kam.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

MJD>Peterson.

Im with ya now kam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKK6d3-h2U

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score

MJD>Peterson.

Im with ya now kam.
Um, no
If they took into account recent years AP would be #1 and Turner would be #2

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
How in the blue hell do you figure.
AP= 5,313 rushing yards, 4.64 yards per carry, and 51 TD since 2008
Turner= 4,889 rushing yards, 4.42 yards per carry, and 47 TD since 2008
MJD= 4,579 rushing yards, 4.41 yards per carry, and 37 since 2008
So since 2008, AP and Turner> MJD

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
MJD has been #1 in yards rushed in the league since 2009,

AP= 5,313 rushing yards, 4.64 yards per carry, and 51 TD since 2008
Turner= 4,889 rushing yards, 4.42 yards per carry, and 47 TD since 2008
MJD= 4,579 rushing yards, 4.41 yards per carry, and 37 since 2008
So since 2008, AP and Turner> MJD
MJD didn't start till 2009. Soooooooo...

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
You kinda have to factor in this year.. NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.. if it wasn't based on this year and how they're doing currently.. LT would be ranked as the best RB in the NFL.
Im not saying to just forget about this year, but people are trying to act like this poll is based ONLY on this year. It's not. You should still factor in other years.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Im not saying to just forget about this year, but people are trying to act like this poll is based ONLY on this year. It's not. You should still factor in other years.
We have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%