Mets Sign Tim Tebow to Minor League Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
The weakness of the Sale/Sox relationship is serverly overblown by folks that hate the White Sox and/or want Sale on the cheap.  Won't be happening.  No one will give what it would take or have what it would take.  The Cubs have no pitching to offer so they are out.  The Red Sox or Dodgers or perhaps the Yankees could make an offer, but I doubt they are willing to pay.  The value for Sale and Q is always high.  Not likely to change either. 

The Cubs still have some pieces for sure in the minors, but not at the level to land the quality TOR guys like Sale, Q, Fernandez, etc.  They'd have to include guys from the 25 which they aren't likely to be doing IMO.
I would say it's fair to say the Sale/Sox relationship is strained. He has been very critical of the team this season. Over the way they handled the LaRoche situation, about wanting to contend, and then the whole jersey fiasco. Sale is one of the most valuable assets in all of baseball, and let's face it, the Sox don't have a lot of talent coming up. They need to reload. Sale has 3 years left on his deal I believe, the Sox won't be in the playoffs the next 3 years. 

Sale wouldn't work now for the Cubs anyways. The value of the players they would have to give up (Probably ask for Russell or Soler/Baez,a pitcher, and prospects) would be way higher than the value of adding Sale to what is already the best rotation in baseball. 

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I would say it's fair to say the Sale/Sox relationship is strained. He has been very critical of the team this season. Over the way they handled the LaRoche situation, about wanting to contend, and then the whole jersey fiasco. Sale is one of the most valuable assets in all of baseball, and let's face it, the Sox don't have a lot of talent coming up. They need to reload. Sale has 3 years left on his deal I believe, the Sox won't be in the playoffs the next 3 years. 

Sale wouldn't work now for the Cubs anyways. The value of the players they would have to give up (Probably ask for Russell or Soler/Baez,a pitcher, and prospects) would be way higher than the value of adding Sale to what is already the best rotation in baseball. 
With the pitching staff and guys like Abreu, Cabrera, Eaton, and Frazier, they really only need a CF and an average catcher and they are right in the playoff hunt.  You stating that they are three years away is a bit off.  They also continue to have some interesting pitchers coming up and just drafted their starting catcher albeit it will be a couple of years before he is up.  The issue is if Salandino and Anderson can handle the MI.  If they improve and there is no indication that they won't, the team is pretty good.  Injuries have put them just under .500.  If thye were healthy they would be just over .500.  Normal progression and the emergence of Rodon might put them in the playoff hunt right now.

The Cubs have a good staff.  Not sure it's the best, but it's very. very good this year.  Sale would immediately become their #1 pitcher and by quite a lot.  But I agree, he may not be a need this season.

brett05

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Why would Boston not pay for Sale?
I think they are in the play, I just doubt they'll pony up the value needed to get him.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This definitely isnt a Tebow thread anymore lol

catman

Reaction score
I will make one comment, then close the thread.  If the Mets think Tebow can be a baseball player, it is their right to sign him to a contract.  If he makes it, good.  If not, fine.  They are willing to take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%