Penn OUT of 199; admits to IV use

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"I voluntarily disclosed to USADA that during a non-fight period that I had an IV administered under the care of a doctor.

The rule for IV usage had changed since my last fight in the UFC and was unaware of the change and voluntarily disclosed the information to USADA. I had no idea that IV use was banned 365 days a year.

At no time in my career in martial arts have I ever doped and anticipate all test results from USADA will come back clean and will be working with the UFC to get the matter cleared up and return to fight as soon as possible."

-----

i dont get this. hes with JacksonWink. if penn himself didnt know about whatever the iv ban is, someone at his camp would have told him. i dont think hes doping but this is strange.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Former "Ultimate Fighter" stand out Alex Caceres has stepped in to replace BJ Penn at UFC 199 and he will now face Cole Miller on the card on June 4 from Inglewood, Calif.

UFC officials confirmed the fight to FOX Sports on Wednesday.

Caceres accepts the fight after Penn was pulled from the card just days ago following a potential anti-doping infraction where the UFC Hall of Famer admitted to using an IV ahead of a drug test back in March.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Whats wrong with using an IV to recover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
during the weight cut process, it allows fighters to cut mass amounts or weight too close to the fight and then they just rehydrate after weigh-ins and gain all of the weight back. this is healthier for the fighters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%