Photo

NL: DH or no DH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: DH or no DH (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the NL have...

1. DH (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. No DH (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   BrewCrewFan

BrewCrewFan

All Second Team

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

I was looking back and couldnt find a thread on this in the last year

Do you prefer the NL with DH or without?

#2 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

SportZ Insomnia

• Hall of Fame
  • 13,843 posts
  • Retro Sim League:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

I used to love how the DH significantly altered the way baseball is managed in the NL vs the AL, but with interleague play and the need to make the game more interesting, I say adopt the DH in both leagues. Watching most pitchers try to hit is almost embarrassing. 

#3 OFFLINE   BrewCrewFan

BrewCrewFan

All Second Team

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

I used to love how the DH significantly altered the way baseball is managed in the NL vs the AL, but with interleague play and the need to make the game more interesting, I say adopt the DH in both leagues. Watching most pitchers try to hit is almost embarrassing.

How does adding the DH make the league more interesting? I would think the opposite because there’s a lot less strategic moves a manager has to make.

#4 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 46,739 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

I love that the leagues have a major difference in them. I also love the added layer of strategy that comes with the pitcher being in the lineup.

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#5 OFFLINE   Mexi

Mexi

"What a guy. Wow. Amazing. Beautiful."

• Hall of Fame
  • 51,532 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:52 AM

Im so pro DH
So often rallies are killed because a pitcher comes up with 2 or 3 men on base and 2 outs. Im so sick of it
lel

#6 OFFLINE   brett05

brett05

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

One of the biggest myths is the extra strategy that the NL has because of the lack of a DH.  LaRussa blew that off.

The Rules need to be standard especially with interleague play.  Just need to end giving the NL teams an advantage all the time in those games.

#7 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 46,739 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:04 AM

One of the biggest myths is the extra strategy that the NL has because of the lack of a DH.  LaRussa blew that off.

The Rules need to be standard especially with interleague play.  Just need to end giving the NL teams an advantage all the time in those games.

It's not a myth at all

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#8 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

SportZ Insomnia

• Hall of Fame
  • 13,843 posts
  • Retro Sim League:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

How does adding the DH make the league more interesting? I would think the opposite because there’s a lot less strategic moves a manager has to make.

I should clarify, more interesting to the casual fan. The current NL strategics just aren't interesting to non-baseball hardcores. As this postseason further proves, people love the long ball. Nobody wants to watch a pitcher's duel with manufactured runs. 

As much as I hate caving to casual fans and even people who only tune into the postseason, MLB needs the ratings and the attention. 

#9 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

SportZ Insomnia

• Hall of Fame
  • 13,843 posts
  • Retro Sim League:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:44 AM

You're not a fan of Joe Maddon, but watch him manage a game and he double-switches about 3-4 times per game. Even on a simpler scale, deciding whether or not to bunt your pitcher or have 'em swing away is a strategy/decision that doesn't exist in the AL. SPs also average more IP in the AL b/c they don't come up in the lineup in the NL.

#10 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

I've ridden in 1000s of Cadillacs

• Head Administrator
  • 33,356 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Keep them separate. No dh in the nl

"Always be First" Career advice from some guy in a bar.

"Crazy like a Fox, who's Bionic"

#11 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

This.

My team is in the AL and I prefer the traditional rules of having pitchers hit.  As much as I love David Ortiz, the DH is just a wasted spot.

#12 OFFLINE   brett05

brett05

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

It's not a myth at all

Absolutely a myth.

#13 OFFLINE   brett05

brett05

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

You're not a fan of Joe Maddon, but watch him manage a game and he double-switches about 3-4 times per game. Even on a simpler scale, deciding whether or not to bunt your pitcher or have 'em swing away is a strategy/decision that doesn't exist in the AL. SPs also average more IP in the AL b/c they don't come up in the lineup in the NL.

And it's not hard to come up with the calls at all.  Again, Myth

#14 OFFLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 31,412 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

the pure concept of double switching shows its not a myth

that and determining how long you leave in the starter depending on their spot in the order, it can affect a pitchers innings significantly

1. Cavs
2. Chicago
3. Knicks
4. Toronto
5. Pacers
6. Boston
7. Bucks
8. Magic

^^lmfao

#15 OFFLINE   brett05

brett05

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Keep them separate. No dh in the nl

You either have it or not, but enough with this split and giving the NL advantages in head to head match-ups with the American League.

#16 OFFLINE   .ptt81

.ptt81

Legend

• 12,288 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

Throw in decisions of when to intentionally walk guys too just to get to a pitcher. That shit drives me insane during interleague.

JBJ-12.03.13-PM.gif?b22247

WIN. DANCE. REPEAT.

#17 OFFLINE   brett05

brett05

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Man, only the best managers know to walk the 8th hitter to get to the pitcher.

#18 OFFLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 31,412 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

i just wish interleague was during the middle of the year and not spread out the season

it was so much better years ago

1. Cavs
2. Chicago
3. Knicks
4. Toronto
5. Pacers
6. Boston
7. Bucks
8. Magic

^^lmfao

#19 OFFLINE   brett05

brett05

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:58 PM

i just wish interleague was during the middle of the year and not spread out the season

I agree, better fan interest

#20 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 46,739 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Impossible now with 15 teams in both leagues

1502213674-U10.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 17 user(s)

bosoxlover12, AE., brett05, catman, Teagz, .ptt81, GMF1991, BrewCrewFan, PWNdroia, elcheato, CameronCrazy06, lilbravesfan22, snipezo, The Guid, Big Bid'Ness, Rios, Mexi

Social Media

Site Info