2017 NFL Draft Thread

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I imagine he's gonna test out really well.

I can see the hype keeping him in the first. I wouldn't do it, but someone will.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pumphrey has the potential to be a hell of a third down back, but I don't know if I'd draft him with the expectation that he could be much more than that.  Certainly not in the long term.  He's coming into the league with 1100+ touches.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You would definitely have to find the right role for him. I don't want to be lazy and just compare him to Sproles, but if he were given a similar limited role I think he'd be effective.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not seeing the hype with Trubisky. I think he'll be a fine backup/spot starter but he's not a franchise QB. His style of play is like a more mobile AJ McCarron.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't really watched any of the qbs, but I don't think any of them are franchise guys.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kizer has potential, he's got some wow throws on tape, but he has some flaws that worry me.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's from the great city of Toledo, but unfortunately he decided not to help make Toledo great again. That's a character flaw.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That bowl game just made Trubisky some cash.

A lot of people talk about bowl games being meaningless, but bowl performance usually has an impact on your stock and where you get drafted, especially if you're a QB. It happened for Goff and Lynch last year. Lynch lost momentum for a bad game against an SEC defense and everybody hopped on the Goff train after he lit up Air Force.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OSU had 2 DBs go in the first two rounds last year, and they're about to have 3 more taken this year, maybe all in round 1

elijah

Reaction score
elcheato said:
OSU had 2 DBs go in the first two rounds last year, and they're about to have 3 more taken this year, maybe all in round 1
Lattimore is the best corner in this draft.

Quincy Wilson is terribly overrated.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you wanna run it I say go for it.

D

Dannyboy77

My Bears just need another good draft. Glad we have good picks. I say we go defense with the first pick then draft a qb later. There are no clear cut franchise qb's. However there are several guys who can develop into solid starters someday.

If players from our last 2 drafts progress and Pace nails this one we will be a solid team next year. Of course a successful free agency as well (we can be in a position to have lots of space). Injuries have KILLED us the past 2 years along with having a cancer at QB. Things are looking up.

elijah

Reaction score
i don't understand the hype that cunningham finds himself getting, very very overrated. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
This Pat Mahomes hype is hilarious. If this guy actually end up going in the first round.. SMH. He's another Bortles. He just isn't an NFL QB.

elijah

Reaction score
TiTAN said:
This Pat Mahomes hype is hilarious. If this guy actually end up going in the first round.. SMH. He's another Bortles. He just isn't an NFL QB.
his throwing motion is horrid. his pocket presence is non-existent. 

his arm is beautiful though, strong arm and pretty accurate short. 

i don't see him doing anything special. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
elijah said:
his throwing motion is horrid. his pocket presence is non-existent. 

his arm is beautiful though, strong arm and pretty accurate short. 

i don't see him doing anything special. 
Exactly. He does have a nice arm, but most of his nice plays are are in scramble mode/unstructured. From the pocket he misses too much and holds the ball way too long. Like you said his delivery is awful, and his feet seems to have a life of their own; footwork is a mess.

As far as a developmental project from this class, I'd much prefer Jerod Evans. In the third or later though.

Hurricane Season said:
Teets?!?!
Draft season (almost) has me coming back lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%