2016 Trade Rumors

catman

Reaction score
Unless there is an extension as part of the deal, I would not part with that much for Lucroy.  He could bolt after this season or certainly after next year.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys are on crack to think DD gives up Benintendi for Lucroy. Benintendi and Moancada are untouchables. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One will go for sonny gray

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
4th time this season that 3 different Cubs' relievers gave up the lead...after the 7th inning. Just saying...

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
AE. said:
You guys are on crack to think DD gives up Benintendi for Lucroy. Benintendi and Moancada are untouchables. 
DD doesn't like prospects that much

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
AE. said:
4th time this season that 3 different Cubs' relievers gave up the lead...after the 7th inning. Just saying...
Teams only weakness. If they don't fix it by October they will be in trouble. Grimm needs to figure things out

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All I know is if the Cubs do not piece together an Aroldis Chapman deal, the Nationals will. There's a ton of potential to acquire Chapman and Andrew Miller which, paired with either Washington or Chicago, makes for a lethal 7th, 8th, and 9th inning.  Better yet, think about not having to overuse your best bullpen arms this early in the season b/c you make such a trade. 

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Only problem with that is the Yankees are playing much better now.

They are now 34-35 and only 4.0 G back of the Wild Card and they have an easier schedule coming up. Can def. see them standing pat if they go on a nice little run down the road. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Yankees aren't gonna part with someone on the cheap end because they are expiring. Schwarber is too much to ask for. Schwarber is going to be the LF of the future, and with the way Almora is playing could make him expendable for the 2016 team, but long term Almora is the man in CF.

But adding bullpen help is absolutely vital for the Cubs before the deadline passes, really is the only weakness on the roster right now. Need to add an 8th inning type and another dependable arm.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Yankees aren't gonna part with someone on the cheap end because they are expiring. Schwarber is too much to ask for. Schwarber is going to be the LF of the future, and with the way Almora is playing could make him expendable for the 2016 team, but long term Almora is the man in CF.

But adding bullpen help is absolutely vital for the Cubs before the deadline passes, really is the only weakness on the roster right now. Need to add an 8th inning type and another dependable arm.

I know they are division rivals but I still think Will Smith is a perfect option for the Cubs. You guys really don't have a LHRP, and Smith is a very good reliever and signed for a pretty good deal 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:

I know they are division rivals but I still think Will Smith is a perfect option for the Cubs. You guys really don't have a LHRP, and Smith is a very good reliever and signed for a pretty good deal 
I don't think being in the same division will scare the Cubs when it comes to making a trade with the Brewers or Reds at this point right now. Will Smith would be great for the Cubs, plus he's under control for 3 more years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%