Conor McGregor is the GOAT

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Bugsy said:
You said yourself you don't study the likes of jujitsu. That's what I meant by not understanding all aspects. Personally I've watched a Russian samba team face Brazilian jujitsu team in competition (non-mma) and loved it. I agree with the rest of what you said on Pride. The first few were nothing compared to the last few in terms of entertainment.

Heath was just one example I pulled off the top of my head. Fedor was relatively unknown, Heath I believe was coming off a title shot loss. Heath was a force back then and Fedor destroyed him with ease.

It may not bring back nostalgia for you, but it does for a lot of people. I've watched every single Pride FC fight there was. Seeing two of its biggest stars fighting again isn't a surprising nostalgia trip.
I got really into BJJ when I was enlisted. The Army's current hand-to-hand combat program was a remodeled some years back in a collaborative effort of the 2nd Ranger Battalion and the Gracie Family. There's four levels of Instructor certification, to which I completed three. You don't really stand up until the 3rd portion of the 2nd phase. BJJ definitely changes your perspective on being in a fight and if you take anything away from it....you learn to control your breathing and not panic if you end up on your back.

As a spectator though....meh, I have to be the typical Schmo and root for fists to fly.

And for the record, I cannot stand the Gracie's. A big reason I'm such a Saku homer.

jasonnorin

Reaction score
As of this moment, I can't see anyone from the featherweight division that can beat Mcgregor after he proved himself as a guy who walks the talk. As far as his upcoming fight against Dos Anjos is concerned, it will be a totally different thing for me. Dos Anjos has been in the lightweight division long enough to pose a legit threat to Mcgregor. Let's not forget how Pettis almost went blind after he lost his belt to Dos Anjos. But, then again, Mcgregor is a guy who walks the talk so, let's see what happens. Really excited about UFC 196.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%