Commish
Reaction score
Think smith is too high and can't see Tatum falling to 8

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm really high on DSJ and think he'd be a fantastic fit in Philly

and I love tatum a lot, i just think he'll fall due to fit with the other teams. it's a toss up for phoenix, i think Monk is a great fit for Orlando, and idk how he'll fit in minny with wiggins (he could go 7th tho)

Tatums my #3 guy tho

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I couldn't careless how this draft goes as long as LA passes on Ball. That's all I want.

Paulius

Reaction score
1 Fultz 6 Monk
2 Ball 7 DSJ
3 Fox 8 Ntilikina
4 Jackson 9 Lauri
5 Taytum 10 Isaac

#FultzToChi

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whole lottery pls

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't really know much outside of the top 8 guys tbh. I just looked up on other mock sites to get the 9th and 10th picks not terribly off

i might eventually go top 14, but for now it'll be top 8-10

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
are mock drafts on here generally done to convey predictions or opinions?

Paulius

Reaction score
I just did what i feel will happen

#FultzToChi

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Lakers really pass on Ball, are teams behind them gonna be that eager to pick him?

Paulius

Reaction score
Lakers arent passing up on ball

Stop listening to the bluff

#FultzToChi

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I seriously don't believe it's a bluff, and it's more about his play than lavar that he won't be chosen

Lonzo is ball dominant on the court. He's a great passer and floor general, and with the shooting range he has, his step back jumper is pretty nice. But I truly question his effectiveness as an off ball player. He often needs to create a lot of separation to get a shot off due to his unorthodox release, and if you force him to his right you almost know for sure he's gonna drive to the hoop or pass. His shooting motion restricts his ability to shoot going right a lot.

Now with the current Lakers team it's not a problem at all that he'd be the floor general; it's the year after that creates the problem. Magic Johnson wants the Lakers to be a title town again, and he's looking at the 2018 Free Agent class quite intently, with one Cali-raised kid in mind. No, not Paul George, but Russell Westbrook. OKC is cap struck so badly to the point that they literally have no room for improvement, and I think Russ is going to want to leave.

I think the Lakers are a serious landing spot for Westbrook, and with that I question how he fits on the court alongside Lonzo Ball. And not to mention the fact that they have Clarkson committed long term, as well as still having DLo too, who would be a good fit next to Westbrook in the starting line. I know the general consensus is to take "talent over fit" but at the same time Lonzo does have a lot of weaknesses that lessens the gap between himself and Josh Jackson.

JJ was the kid that was the #1 prospect in this class from his sophomore year in HS to the start of this season. He's absolutely got high potential, as well as talent to show off now. His shooting numbers are the main concern, but if I remember correctly he shot ~38% from three in the second half of the year, which are good numbers for sure. He's an explosive athlete, and has great defensive potential. Today's NBA is awfully reliant on defensive versatility and switching matchups, and Jackson can play 2-4 on the court, which allows tons of lineups to be ran. I think Luke would LOVE to have Jackson and Ingram on the floor together, because providing they both hit their expectations, that's a very scary wing duo

TLDR:

It's not about Lavar that I made this choice. Lonzo is limited in his role if he's not the lead ball handler, and i like Jacksons fit better with the team

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why would the lakers draft Jimmer Fredette with the second pick anyways

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
yall mocked me last year when I said boston was taking jaylen over dunn/murray too

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm not mocking anything about your predicted pick. I'm mocking how terrible of a player comparison it was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%