NASCAR Discussion Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They like being difficult.

Now Jeff just hit the wall in the Duel, may have to go to the back & backup car, nothing has been confirmed yet.
Yeah I hope he doesn't have to go to the backup, it didn't look too terribly bad and I hope it's something they can just repair.

On a side note, I love what I saw today. The racing was very good and Jeff showed that he could hang with anyone, but dang that thing with restarts has to be fixed.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I feel bad for Trevor Bayne... He pushed Jeff the entire race and did a great job, his car got destroyed, I didn't like seeing that.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel bad for Trevor Bayne... He pushed Jeff the entire race and did a great job, his car got destroyed, I didn't like seeing that.
Me either, but it's just one of those racing deals.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Heard that Jeff wont have to use his backup car, which is good news. Didn't want to see him start from the back. Would of been a bad way to start the year.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Heard that Jeff wont have to use his backup car, which is good news. Didn't want to see him start from the back. Would of been a bad way to start the year.
No backup car as long as everything goes smooth today in final practice. This is NASCAR's Super Bowl, so I'm glad he's starting on the front row as well! Good way to start the year, will be even better with a win! Hopefully he can get hooked up with someone because these 2 car drafts are bigger now than ever, you need a "dancing partner" so they've been calling it. I expect the race to start rather slow, then as it gets closer to the end, it'll get absolutely crazy! You can bank on that! It will be survival mode, I hope Jeff can finish the race at least in one piece. I probably won't be able to sit still with the last 20 laps.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
You know I'm a big football fan as well as others, however nothing beats the Daytona 500 in the last few laps as far as entertainment, it's absolutely insane! Nothing beats it, nothing.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Oh I know. It's insane. If you only are going to watch one race in the year, watch Daytona 500. Well, they run it twice but you know what I mean. It's crazy, and is one of the few races that I actually watch completely through. It's not that I don't have interest or anything. I just rarely watch full races anymore. I'd say I watch about 75% of the races I see.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I actually find more entertainment in the last 10 laps of any NASCAR race than I do any other sport. All sports have crazy, dramatic finishes but I have more interest in the last 10 laps/ending than any other sport. Some people can't sit through and watch cars go in circles for 3 to 3 1/2 hours but I definitely can as well as a lot of others. No different for me than a football game. I've just always been into NASCAR and always will be. People can trash it all they want, but there's over 100,000 fans attending each race every weekend. People don't know until they actually go to a race and see what it is actually like. NASCAR drivers are athletes and even better than some sports. What they do every weekend is amazing at 200 MPH, they have a ton of talent. People think there's nothing to it, they are completely wrong!

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
You know I'm a big football fan as well as others, however nothing beats the Daytona 500 in the last few laps as far as entertainment, it's absolutely insane! Nothing beats it, nothing.
Alot of things are better entertainment.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Alot of things are better entertainment.
No worries, NASCAR isn't hurting as far as fans. There's a lot that would agree with you and a lot that would disagree, just the way it goes. I don't care what people think of it, as long as I have it, I'm happy. Thanks for contributing to the thread!

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I noticed that they were practicing the 2 car drafts in practice and I saw highlights of it from the Duel races. It'll definitely make things more interesting. Especially with the last few laps of the race.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
How Jeff got through that without completely destroying the car I will never know.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Me either. When I saw the highlight I thought for sure it wasn't going to be good, and that he was definitely going to have to go with the backup car.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I just don't know how he slowed up in time with a car spinning directly in front of him with another car spinning beside him, he had to weave his way through there.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Maybe he's getting better, or worked on some stuff in the offseason, because that is definitely not something easy to avoid.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd agree with that, but it's not just the 500. It's any restrictor plate race. Those last 10 laps are amazing to watch, especially in person. I mean I've been to Saints games, Hornets games, the old New Orleans hockey team, and to Talladega. As far as the entire event, I'd probably put football and basketball over Nascar, but like you said, NOTHING beats the final 10 laps of a restrictor plate race. It's madness.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What was up with this mornings practice? I only caught the tail end of it. Six drivers never even took to the track including Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
What was up with this mornings practice? I only caught the tail end of it. Six drivers never even took to the track including Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart.
Jeff Gordon's car was getting detailed, so they didn't have the time to practice. They practiced yesterday so they weren't too worried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%